It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS...... Ukrainian forces have been authorized to use weapons to defend themselves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

sparklez

xavi1000

luciddream
This whole issue is blown out of proportion.

One officer is dead, we are already in cold war again and is blown out of proportion?

Cold war? Over react much? This is nothing like the cold war.

Yeah, is the beginning of cold war already.I hope will not became hot.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

sparklez
The only people that want Russians to fire, are the Ukranians and West.

They know Putin does not want any shot fired so I would certinally look for agent provoketurs.

It is not in his interest, however, it IS in the West's and Ukraine's interest for it to start up hot.
edit on 18-3-2014 by sparklez because: (no reason given)

posts like this make me want to sigh, i mean what you're saying is akin to giving an arsonist a lighter and defending them as they stand in front of someones house with the lighter lit, ready to set it on fire by saying the fire department and police want it to happen, that they are somehow the bad guys and that the arsonist is innocent and a victim.

russia made it hot and somehow the west are being blamed, america especially as if we invaded someone while the troops who invaded somehow have russian flags on their uniforms. hah, at least america invades people in the open instead of playing games while lying to your face.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If this thing stirs up WWIII Obama just MIGHT send a guy in with a gun...maybe.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here's an interesting development. Putin has signed a treaty to annex Crimea.

Here's a great piece of American Hypocrisy.

"Joe Biden, US vice-president, on a visit to Poland, led international condemnation, calling the annexation of Crimea a blatant violation of international law and “nothing more than a land grab”

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18-3-2014 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

CallYourBluff
Here's an interesting development. Putin has signed a treaty to annex Crimea.

Here's a great piece of American Hypocrisy.

"Joe Biden, US vice-president, on a visit to Poland, led international condemnation, calling the annexation of Crimea a blatant violation of international law and “nothing more than a land grab”

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18-3-2014 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

I do believe there is NO INTERNATIONAL LAW that prevents people declaring their own independence, there maybe local laws, but can you show me such an INTERNATIONAL LAW prohibiting people from becoming independent? I have yet to find it, in fact it is this very absense of such a law that allowed Kosov to happen.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again. Crimea is lost to Russia. This in and of itself is really not all that big a deal. People that want to move somewhere else are free to do so. Sucks to be them for sure but they are not being forced to stay in the New Russia.

The only chances of any SHTF is if Russia moves to take the rest of the Ukraine. Should that happen a poop storm of talking heads will jump around and make noise and the Ukraine will tear itself apart. But once again, nothing of any real significance to the rest of the world will result.

The USA is no longer drawing lines in the sand that anyone with any nukes cares about. They all know that the USA is only willing to fight those that are far less capable of defending themselves.

WW3? Not a chance at this time.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't understand. Before this were the only authorized means to defend themselves was with cotton balls?
I think every soldier knows that if someone starts shooting at you, you should shoot back.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Mamatus
I have said it before and I will say it again. Crimea is lost to Russia. This in and of itself is really not all that big a deal. People that want to move somewhere else are free to do so. Sucks to be them for sure but they are not being forced to stay in the New Russia.

The only chances of any SHTF is if Russia moves to take the rest of the Ukraine. Should that happen a poop storm of talking heads will jump around and make noise and the Ukraine will tear itself apart. But once again, nothing of any real significance to the rest of the world will result.

The USA is no longer drawing lines in the sand that anyone with any nukes cares about. They all know that the USA is only willing to fight those that are far less capable of defending themselves.

WW3? Not a chance at this time.

Do you really mean lost to Russia .. or is that as i suspect a typo?

edit on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:33:46 -0500332America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sparklez

i agree, look at Scotland, will they go it alone or will they stay with the UK, its their choice, the problem with Crimea is that Russian forces with guns took control of it, i would sign to go to Russia if someone was standing outside my house with an AK47,

reminds me of of President Mugabe who sent out his forces to make sure he was voted in again, or cut of their hands if they didnt,

here is the latest:

Ukraine’s acting president, Oleksandr Turchynov, also made comments today, in line with those of interim prime minister Yatsenyuk’s. Turchynov said that the attempt to annex Crimea is “a very dangerous step … not only against Ukraine, but also against Europe and the whole world”. He went on to directly accuse Putin of manufacturing the crisis and violating international law.

We would like to warn President Putin – who is personally responsible for this act of provocation – the political leadership of the Russian Federation will from now on have to answer to the entire world for the crimes which they are committing today on the territory of our country.

Nazi Germany started the second world war by annexing parts of other countries. President Putin, who keeps talking about fascism, is imitating last century’s fascists today by annexing part of an independent state, recognised as such by the whole world.

if you ask me, that is war

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

I honestly don't buy the they were forced at gun / tank point to vote, they look too happy for that, and if they were being forced to do sometihng in their own homeland, they would have rioted by now BIG TIME. So far I see none of that in Crimea.

If you can show me tanks and guns to their heads at the voting booths, I would appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

dashen
I don't understand. Before this were the only authorized means to defend themselves was with cotton balls?
I think every soldier knows that if someone starts shooting at you, you should shoot back.

i agree, but when your president says you can shoot, its different then just holding your rifle, they are giving you permission, the 'Cool heads' are no longer behind presidential walls, they are looking down the sight of a gun, with permission to shoot..... that worries me

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Things like This are a concern in the bigger picture as well..

Moldova Fears Separists Want To Join Russia

I think Putin knows he can expand now without resistance. Georgia, now Ukraine etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by Mamatus

I think Putin knows he can expand now without resistance. Georgia, now Ukraine etc.

So, Moldova can show them the border and let them join no?

Go listen to Putins speech, he made it VERY CLEAR that he is not wanting to move further. Ukraine was the red line he said to the west.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

sparklez

I honestly don't buy the they were forced at gun / tank point to vote, they look too happy for that, and if they were being forced to do sometihng in their own homeland, they would have rioted by now BIG TIME. So far I see none of that in Crimea.

If you can show me tanks and guns to their heads at the voting booths, I would appreciate it.

The U.S. and European Union quickly condemned the referendum as illegal. President Barack Obama, speaking by phone with Russian President Vladimir Putin, told him Sunday that the Crimean vote took place "under duress of Russian military intervention" and wouldn't be recognized. The Russian leader responded that the vote fully complied with international norms, the Kremlin said, issuing a statement that showed no sign of diplomatic progress in the crisis.

not at the voting booths but still present

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Phatdamage

sparklez

The U.S. and European Union quickly condemned the referendum as illegal. President Barack Obama, speaking by phone with Russian President Vladimir Putin, told him Sunday that the Crimean vote took place "under duress of Russian military intervention" and wouldn't be recognized. The Russian leader responded that the vote fully complied with international norms, the Kremlin said, issuing a statement that showed no sign of diplomatic progress in the crisis.

not at the voting booths but still present

At least they got international observers, I got no observers, I don't even get a refereendum.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

sparklez

Wookiep
reply to post by Mamatus

Go listen to Putins speech, he made it VERY CLEAR that he is not wanting to move further. Ukraine was the red line he said to the west.

Putin is a Liar... He swore blind that there were no Russian troops in Crimea.
#dirtygangster

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

xavi1000

sparklez

xavi1000

luciddream
This whole issue is blown out of proportion.

One officer is dead, we are already in cold war again and is blown out of proportion?

Cold war? Over react much? This is nothing like the cold war.

Yeah, is the beginning of cold war already.I hope will not became hot.

The cold war never really ended

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

rigel4

sparklez

Wookiep
reply to post by Mamatus

#dirtygangster

Really? I was under the impression that Russia had quite a large number of troops permanently stationed in Crimea long before this whole mess started...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Flatcoat

rigel4

sparklez

Wookiep
reply to post by Mamatus

#dirtygangster

Really? I was under the impression that Russia had quite a large number of troops permanently stationed in Crimea long before this whole mess started...

you are correct, but Putin moved another 10,000 more troops into Crimea, that to me is a lie

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And I'll tell you something else.. This isn't over by a long way..

Putin has gained Crimea .. but he has lost Ukraine.. They are due to sign an EU agreement this Friday.

Putin's objective, however he tries to dress it up to the Russian people is simply
to make Ukraine either neutral or Russian leaning.

He has utterly Failed!!!

He has guaranteed Ukraine Joins NATO at the earliest opportunity.
edit on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:01:25 -0500013America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join