It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transnistria and Eastern Europe next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if you hear of various separatist movements in Eastern Europe flaring back up again.

www.bbc.com...
"16:41: More from Moldovan PM Iurie Leanca on how the crisis in Crimea will affect his country's majority Russian secessionist movement in Trans-Dniestr. "Unfortunately... our experience shows that if they [secessionist conflicts] are not tackled quickly and rapidly then they become protracted and they also become contagious," he told the BBC."

"17:10: The international community's former high representative in Bosnia has accused Russia of stoking Serb separatist sentiment in the Western-backed Balkan country in the style of Ukraine's Crimea.
"Some Bosnian politicians are playing the Moscow card, even, most dangerously of all, the Slav card, in support of policies of separation," Paddy Ashdown tells a Nato seminar in Sarajevo. "They hope that an illegal referendum in Crimea will make one here more likely. And Russia is doing nothing to discourage them - quite the opposite."

One area to keep an eye on is Transnistria in Moldova.
(I never heard of the place either till today)
en.wikipedia.org...

www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.csmonitor.com...

Moldova is a small country to the west of the Ukraine. It is separated from the black sea by strip of land controlled by the Ukraine starting from Odesa to the South West. On the eastern border that Moldova shares with Ukraine is the small break away republic of Transnistria.

Transnistria is very pro Russian and even fought a small war with Moldova in 1990.
From what I can tell Transnistria even still uses the hammer and sickle on it flag.

If Russia were annex Transnistria that would makes the locals happy because they could then get real Russian passports to get out of the country. At the moment no one recognizes the country of Transnistria even though they have their own government, currency and army.
If the Russians moved more troops in who knows how that would affect things.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mash3d

This story linked with similar ones might think that the new world order may be such a one .Could be part of the bigger plan to unite under a one world anti-christ ...don't know but....

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Russia hasn't the right to annex land anywhere for any reason.If the UN doesn't act now I say the US should leave that useless fund sucking joke.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
From what I can tell the Russians have had troops in Transniestria for a while.
Not much of a presence but I think they keep in touch so to speak.

Look up a BBC series "Places that don't exist" with Simon Reeve.
They seem to be fairly normal nice people.
But like every place I'm sure they have their own problems with crooks, gangsters and corrupt politicians.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

mash3d
From what I can tell the Russians have had troops in Transniestria for a while.
Not much of a presence but I think they keep in touch so to speak.

Look up a BBC series "Places that don't exist" with Simon Reeve.
They seem to be fairly normal nice people.
But like every place I'm sure they have their own problems with crooks, gangsters and corrupt politicians.

Russia has about 1500 soldiers over there I believe.
The whole area has around 200,000 people.

edit on 18-3-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

TDawg61
Russia hasn't the right to annex land anywhere for any reason.If the UN doesn't act now I say the US should leave that useless fund sucking joke.

Nor have America ever had the right to invade sovereign nations.

But everything can be voted legal by the country that commit the crime, apparently.

new topics

top topics

join