It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Epidemic; The Untold Story of Vaccines Movie dire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by SunnyDee

We're they vaccinated ?

Yes mine were vaccinated up until the age of 8 or so. I did the routine and my kids did not suffer suddenly from autism, but one of them does suffer continual skins problems and the other has troubling attention deficit issues as well as other issues.

I can not blame a vaccine per se, but it's certainly a possibility. I was unaware back then. I would have done it differently now. I do think being unaware is on purpose.

We have not had any flu vaccs ever. We rarely get the flu, although one child did get the nasty swine flu, or so we figure, in 09. That child recovered in about 5 days. None of the rest of the family caught it.

I feel most strongly about vaccinating newborn to 2 year olds the way we do. Filling still-developing babies with toxic soups is overwhelming to their systems, and some do not recover.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

AutumWitch. I support your right to vaccinate. If you believe that the vaccination benefits outweigh the risks, go for it. So the premise is that your kid is now immune. Why would you take away the rights of parents who weigh the risks differently. It doesn't affect your kid.

BTW. My numbers are accurate on measles. You made it sound like you found something inaccurate, but that isn't really the case.

Link to vaccine information sheets

link to the full pmphlet that comes in the vaccine box with microscopic font.

I know more about vaccines than you and my pediatrician, so go mess with someone that didn't do the research. I've read the citations on these package inserts.

For instance on the Hep A vaccine package insert, it plainly says "the mechanism of action of the vaccine is unknown". Go right ahead and get your kid vaccinated. All at once if you wish.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Would love to hear more from you! Stats are all we've got, and the unbiased ones are few and far between.
please share!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Why would you take away the rights of parents who weigh the risks differently. It doesn't affect your kid.

Yes it does. People who refuse to vaccinate their kids can lower herd immunity to dangerous levels:

Herd immunity (or community immunity) describes a form of immunity that occurs when the vaccination of a significant portion of a population (or herd) provides a measure of protection for individuals who have not developed immunity.[1] Herd immunity theory proposes that, in contagious diseases that are transmitted from individual to individual, chains of infection are likely to be disrupted when large numbers of a population are immune or less susceptible to the disease. The greater the proportion of individuals who are resistant, the smaller the probability that a susceptible individual will come into contact with an infectious individual.[2]

Not everyone can be vaccinated. Some people cannot be for health reasons. Some are too young. Some just don't get the proper immune response to insulate themselves. These people are protected by herd immunity, or at least they should be. Sadly, we are seeing a resurgence of completely avoidable childhood diseases because people's ignorance and irresponsibility surrounding vaccines and their refusal to take proper precautions.
edit on 18-3-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

I know more about vaccines than you and my pediatrician

Dunning-Kruger Effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.[1] Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding.
David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others".[2]

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

GetHyped

Herd immunity (or community immunity) describes a form of immunity that occurs when the vaccination of a significant portion of a population (or herd) provides a measure of protection for individuals who have not developed immunity.[1] Herd immunity theoryproposesthat, in contagious diseases that are transmitted from individual to individual, chains of infection are likely to be disrupted when large numbers of a population are immune or less susceptible to the disease. The greater the proportion of individuals who are resistant, the smaller the probability that a susceptible individual will come into contact with an infectious individual.[2]

Not everyone can be vaccinated. Some people cannot be for health reasons. Some are too young. Some just don't get the proper immune response to insulate themselves. These people are protected by herd immunity, or at least they should be. Sadly, we are seeing a resurgence of completely avoidable childhood diseases because people's ignorance and irresponsibility surrounding vaccines and their refusal to take proper precautions.

The word "proposes" stand out to me. Also, we are seeing a resurgence of diseases supposedly, and yet most states boast a very high percentage of vaccinated. What does that tell You? Well actually it could tell you many things. The vaccines aren't working, or the vaccines never worked and the disease is just reoccurring naturally, or a herd mentality, I mean immunity has little effect.

Here is a page with some good charts, check it out and read about diphtheria.
childhealthsafety.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

signalfire
We can't compare the vaccination schedule from 30 years ago (or more) with what's recommended now.

It's now 49 doses (!) of 14 different vaccines by the age of 6 with HepB being given to newborns (the medical profession seems to presume that all new mothers are IV drug users). Most of them are given in groupings, which means a very immature immune system being assaulted with several very serious diseases at one time. The medical profession seems to think any reactions to them are just coincidental and not related (try calling up your doc a few days after your kid has been vaccinated and getting them to admit a high fever or worse was caused by the vaccine).

The vaccine makers have been made immune from prosecution for any damages caused, but if you look hard enough, you'll find that they've paid out millions if not billions in quiet settlements for damages and wrongful death suits.

Please don't extrapolate off your own experience with immunizations to everyone else. And we really need to figure out what's causing all the cases of autism, etc., especially since at least some of those kids seem to be violence-prone. Or, maybe it's the pharmaceuticals they're given for the depression and ADHD... but that's another thread.

In any event, your right to be protected from certain diseases stops at other people's arms. You can't force vaccinations, but you can stay out of crowds, off public transport and homeschool your kids if you're worried about them being exposed to other people's diseases (and mind sets). If you're not willing to adjust your life accordingly, you're not really worried about the diseases, are you? You're also not a believer in personal freedom (you know, that whole 'America is great, flag waving thing?)

First of all, the doctor that originated the study showing correlation between Autism and Vaccinations admittedly FALSIFIED his data. He was looking to make a name for himself and used a fake study to do it, and now we're dealing with the consequences of people who still read books and articles quoting the original debunked theory, or watching documentaries that quote extensively from that study.

Second, more cases of a disease or a disorder is NOT indicative that there is an increase of that disease or disorder affecting the population. Instead, what you are seeing is combination between population booms (There were only 2.7 billion people on the planet in the 1930s compared to the 7.1 billion of today) AND improved detection methods. It is the same with food allergies. There is an increase in the % of population because people are actually getting diagnosed. I spent 20 years getting sick on an almost daily basis before a doctor more familiar with digestive problems finally sent me for allergy testing and lo and behold, I was allergic to dairy.

I know some of you don't want case studies or personal anecdotes but the fact is majority of the examples show in the documentaries against vaccines seek out the .01% affected which by definition are case studies.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

I never said that vaccinations caused autism, just that it'd be real nice if we started wondering what IS causing it. I never heard of an autistic kid back in the 50s and 60s when I was in school, now they seem to be a high percentage of the population; how many kids are on pharmaceuticals like Ritalin? That wasn't needed back then, we played outside during recess and most walked to school and back home again (in all weather, even snowstorms) and no one seemed to have a problem paying attention or sitting at a desk most of the day... really, what the hell is going on? Something! The only kid I remember having trouble paying attention in class was my last year in high school, with one kid who was famous for having a physician mother and father, and repeatedly came to school either drunk or stoned.

Could be lots of things; teevee, constant bombardment with low attention span yelling commercials, video games, EMF radiation, bad food, godknowswhat drugs in the water (everything everyone pees out and dumps down the drain doesn't necessarily get cleaned out before the water is back in circulation), parents never home because both are working, everyone stressed out. Or maybe it's that crap they're sticking in your arm. Look at the lower SAT scores for a dumbed down test over the last 20+ years.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

SunnyDee

The word "proposes" stand out to me.

Are you insinuating that herd immunity isn't a real thing? It's basic biology. Consider:

www.publichealth.va.gov...

Also, we are seeing a resurgence of diseases supposedly, and yet most states boast a very high percentage of vaccinated.

Herd immunity needs to be around 85-95% for most diseases:

adventuresinsecurity.com...

What does that tell You? Well actually it could tell you many things. The vaccines aren't working, or the vaccines never worked and the disease is just reoccurring naturally, or a herd mentality, I mean immunity has little effect.

Or it tells you that even a minor number of ignorant anti-vaxxers are enough to compromise the herd immunity for the rest of us.

Here is a page with some good charts, check it out and read about diphtheria.
childhealthsafety.wordpress.com...

This is intellectually dishonest. I will give you the benefit of the dount and assume you have been suckered. Here, take a look at the incidence rates and tell me vaccines aren't effective:

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

signalfire
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

I never said that vaccinations caused autism, just that it'd be real nice if we started wondering what IS causing it. I never heard of an autistic kid back in the 50s and 60s when I was in school, now they seem to be a high percentage of the population;

As our understanding of mental health has improved over the decades, our criteria for identifying and describing mental conditions has increased. Back in the 50's you'd most likely be diagnosed as "retarded" instead of "autistic" and then locked away in an institution for the rest of your life. Times have changed. Funnily enough, in the next issue of the DSM the spectrum for autism is expected to be reduced, leading to a reduced number of people being diagnosed as autistic in following years. What will the anti-vaxxers have to say about that?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

GetHyped

InverseLookingGlass

I know more about vaccines than you and my pediatrician

Dunning-Kruger Effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude.[1] Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding.
David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others".[2]

I've read all the vaccine inserts with all the ingredients. My pediatrician didn't even know the ingredients. There's Dunning Kruger and there's plain ignorance. Since you obviously consider yourself to be intelligent I'll leave it to you to sort out which ailment you have. Give your kids all the vaccinations at one sitting if you truly believe they are harmless.

edit on 18-3-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Yes, you clearly know more about vaccines that the entire scientific establishment who have spent decades of their lives meticulously researching and experimenting with them.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

The stats that are incredibly hard to find are the ones that quantify serious side effects. The website is down today for maintenance. www.nvic.org

This is the best resource I've found so far. It gives them to you case by case. I haven't found compiled statistics.

Here's a statistic for you. In a good year, the MMR vaccine saves more than 200,000 lives in Africa. No one gives a hoot about a few bad reactions. The MMR does not use aluminum as an adjuvant. Hep B has one of the highest aluminum content.

When you really dig in to how the human immune system works and how vaccines exploit and overdrive only one part of that system, you can appreciate why vaccines are reasonably effective and why there is an appreciable risk of side effects. Grouping shots and giving to newborns is not scientifically justified at all.

I can say with certainty that the FDA has declared many chemicals to be toxic. After previously declaring them to be perfectly safe. You are not crazy if you ask questions.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GetHyped

I didn't say that. But if you need to exaggerate to make your point, carry on.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

line em up and shoot'em up with Hep A vaccine! 1/1000 had life changing side effects. Hep A is not even fatal in otherwise healthy populations

The presence of antibodies to HAV confer s protection against hepatitis A infection. However, the lowest titer needed to confer protection has not been determined.

Duration of Immunity The duration of immunity following a co mplete schedule of immunization with HAVRIX has not been established

They don't know if it works.

Read the manual.
edit on 18-3-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: added info

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Yes by all means let's stop vaccinating our children. Then we get to watch them suffer and die from small pox, polio, encephalitis from chicken pox, measles etc...
Nope I love my children and will do what ever it takes to prevent suffering.
Let me also add if I may. I have been a mother for nearly forty years and the very worst reaction of any vaccine my kids have ever received was a fever. Quite common when a foreign substance is introduced to the immune system.
I was vaccinated along with my brother and sisters. Their kids are vaccinated too. No harm to any. We have a big italian family. No cousins had bad reactions. None of their kids either.
Not one bad reaction. But none of these kids got these terrible illnesses either. Vaccines are a good thing. They save lives. Please vaccinate your children. Save lives. Get vaccinated!!!

Well said. I would like to add that all my kids and grandchildren and my partners kids and her grandchildren and....well every child and every person in both families have been vaccinated. As have all my friends and their kids. NOT ONE bad reaction and NOT ONE suffering from small pox , rubella, measles , polio etc etc.

OK its very subjective but it's still a sample size of hundreds !

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

You may not have explicitly said that vaccines cause autism but you are alluding to it by mentioning it in a vaccination thread and in the past decade autism has been the centre argument for opponents of vaccinations.

If you want data on vaccines not influenced by pharmaceutical companies, look at the work of Edward Jenner.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
GetHyped.

Maybe if you looked at the charts I linked to, you could argue those with me. They clearly show all the common diseases dropping drastically from 1901 to the 1940's. From there on they just slowly petered out. Many of the diseases were dropping prior to any vaccine. I would speculate that if we start to see a resurgence in diseases, it will follow after a failure of our food and/or sanitation practices, or a huge push for vaccines for all ages.

Since 1901 our societies have had access to better foods and sanitation. Many argue that this is a possible reason for a steady decline in diseases. Every study I have read on vaccinations have caveats to why they visibly work. Polio was already on a steady decline when Salk and Sabin developed their vaccines. There are stats that there was actually a resurgence in polio after the vaccine was introduced. there are also stats that many people that were sick with fluish symptoms were reported to have polio prior to the 1950s tests available, when in reality they may have not even had polio, just the flu. And apparently as polio stats fell, meningitis grew, which could be construed as just a renaming of a disease.

All controversial information as it does not jive with a pro-vax mentality. www.vaclib.org...
edit on 18-3-2014 by SunnyDee because: replied to wrong person

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

I didn't say that. But if you need to exaggerate to make your point, carry on.

By being anti-vaccine, you are by definition someone who thinks they know more about vaccines that the entire scientific establishment who have spent decades of their lives meticulously researching and experimenting with them.

You're also dead wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Lets just talk about the flu shot for a minute. I and my family never get it. We don't get sick very often, last time was in 09. I know my parents have always gotten the flu shot or at least for the last 15 years. They get sick fairly consistently every year with some flu or cold (it's not always swabbed and verified of course).

I've heard it all...The shot didn't cover the right strain this year....The shot made them get a less dangerous strain....they didn't have the pneumonia vac so they weren't well protected...

When talking about vaccines I try not to lump them all the same, although it's hard. But the flu vac, now that's one that has shown absolutely zero confirmed advantages. There is just no proof that someone did not get the flu because they had the vaccine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join