It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Obamacare quote is not insane.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NativeZero

Congratulations, you are within the small percentage of working poor that will benefit from Obamafraud.

What most people seems to ignore is That Obamafraud is to target the hard working productive class to pay for the working and poor class that is why a working poor will benefit, while those that are productive working class (no government assistance of any kind) will be the ones that will be gouged.

Remember that somebody else have to pay so others can get benefits.

You are one of the lucky ones.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Cause your state went with the Medicaid expansion. Blame or praise your states, people.

Where the states stand on Medicaid expansion

hmm, that would make sense. I don't qualify for medicaid though. Awesome. I think I miss it by about a $400 a month income level.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

ParanoidAmerican
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thanks.

" If the amount of advance credit payments you get for the year is less than the tax credit you're due, you’ll get the difference as a refundable credit when you file your federal income tax return. If your advance payments for the year are more than the amount of your credit, you must repay the excess advance payments with your tax return."

This should be interesting.....buy it and see what you get. Then we will actually get the whole story......That is funny to me....but you are right there is the possibility you will get a break, but you don't know till you buy..

Yes, this is what raised my eyebrow, and exactly why I can't get my actual quote from my state. Unfortunately, you won't see me post what I pay, because I refuse to sign up.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I don't get the failure to communicate how wrong obamacare is.

Do you want the government to require sustenance, housing, mobility and amenable sexual relations insurance too?
edit on 18-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

NativeZero

SaturnFX

NativeZero
But that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm NOT defending obamacare. Just untruths. I'd want a system like the other nations, single-payer, NOT obamacare.

Yeah, well that's not gonna happen. the conservatives are angry that government is involved, doesn't matter if its Obama, Hillary, or any other name.
You are asking for full government takeover. you are arguing the opposite end.

Obamacare is actually Romneycare. Romneycare was a local verson of the GOPcare proposed in the 90s to counter the "Hillarycare" universal healthcare the Clintons were trying to pass (what you want).

So yes, when suggested universal, the conservatives actually proposed Obamacare instead...and since the left nodded and dropped the idea of universal, accepting (a decade later) their proposal, they now went far to the right and demand now it to be "scruyoucare" or whatever it is...basically let the insurance make mad bank and have only the ruling class have health insurance.

I've always been for universal healthcare, which none of the Romney/hillary/Obamacare plans are. I just started this post to show that the extreme rates some have posted on the forums, you'll have to take with a grain of salt. If you are at the poverty level, you are not going to be faced with $1000 monthly premium for healthcare. The corporate leaders of america aren't going to be making money if you'd rather face a tax bill then pay for healthcare.

Right.
Not saying now, was discussing back in the 90s when the single payer healthcare was discussed by the Clintons.
Personally, I like the idea. I think once sick people become less profitable, more cure and fix oriented medicine/research will be undertaken. For now however, I wouldn't see why a cure for cancer would ever come when endless treatments are crazy profitable by the local industries. There is a philosophical angle here.

But for more practical reasons, healthy people miss less work. When they work more, they buy more crap and pay more taxes, so both government and industry is happy with working people. Keeping a poor and middle class person healthy is more important economically than keeping a wealthy person given the poor and middle class are the economic bloodline.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I usually lurk on this website, despite having created an account some time ago. I want to add to this thread though, since I have been adamantly against this, in principle, from the beginning...

I just signed up for Obamacare. Crazy, I know. Here is the deal though... My coverage was no longer going to be offered as of May 2014, so I had to do some shopping. I have a unique scenario, too. Live in gf(claimed as a dependent on my tax return) and 2 young children with ~33k income. I got tremendously better coverage than I currently had (through BCBS- individual policy) for the same price I was paying and my tax credit is applied monthly, so my premiums are only ~100 a month. $150 deductible; max out of pocket is 4,250 less than what i had before.

Strange thing, though. There were ~15 different policies offered to me, most were much higher than the one I chose: a silver level with tremendous coverage (includes dental and vision) and low out of pocket and deductible. The provider I chose is also a provider for medicaid in my state. Are they attempting to get more signups for this specific provider or was my experience unique? Additionally, I was not offered to insure my dependents since they qualify for medicaid. I had intended to sign up for a family plan but was only allowed to sign up for myself.

link   

SaturnFX

alienreality

SaturnFX
Obamacare is partisan. I realized this because it seems those whom have always hated Obama / Dems have somehow had a horrible outcome for obamacare results. amazing and weird how a simple crossreferencing database and a few laws on capping max profits on insurance companies somehow screwed the neocons and libertarians almost exclusively.

The only reason it hasn't been a detriment to the democrats and the left as much, is because they are already flat broke, jobless welfare recipients, or have the lowest paying jobs since it is hard to make a higher wage with little education. When it is haield by them as a good thing, it's because it takes nothing from them, not yet anyways...

Not everyone I mention fits that, but a majority does.

Strange, isn't the complaint that pretty much all of Hollywood, and people with advanced degrees? I guess that means that the dems are both the poorest and richest?
So much for logic and consistency.

You know the ones I'm talking about, don't squirm out of it with that... obamacare health coverage to millions of Americans will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help, will be left the same as before, so those won't even notice at all.
Obamacare is a hoax and is just a way to "cook the books" and rake in more money for a false system, just like always.! It's okay to say you know, everyone already knows!

Even the MSM has said this! You can get on board too, since the MSM says it's okay! You missed them flashing you that index finger and pinky horn sign?
edit on 18-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

link   

greencmp

I don't get the failure to communicate how wrong obamacare is.

Do you want the government to require sustenance, housing, mobility and amenable sexual relations insurance too?
edit on 18-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure what you mean. At the end of my post i did say how i thought Obamacare was bull@#$%.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

NativeZero
you won't see me post what I pay, because I refuse to sign up.

Wait, you refuse to sign up to what? the website or like just health insurance in general? What happens if you get sick or get in an accident, getting a 100k bill all of a sudden?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

SaturnFX
But for more practical reasons, healthy people miss less work. When they work more, they buy more crap and pay more taxes, so both government and industry is happy with working people. Keeping a poor and middle class person healthy is more important economically than keeping a wealthy person given the poor and middle class are the economic bloodline.

That works with the middle productive working class, but the working poor and poor in the nation today are still under government assistance, so as today tax payer still support the working poor and poor.

Remember that the welfare in the nation is at record highs, until this balances out the only ones supporting the economy is the wealthy and middle working class, no the working poor and poor.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

SaturnFX

NativeZero

SaturnFX

NativeZero
But that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm NOT defending obamacare. Just untruths. I'd want a system like the other nations, single-payer, NOT obamacare.

Yeah, well that's not gonna happen. the conservatives are angry that government is involved, doesn't matter if its Obama, Hillary, or any other name.

Obamacare is actually Romneycare. Romneycare was a local verson of the GOPcare proposed in the 90s to counter the "Hillarycare" universal healthcare the Clintons were trying to pass (what you want).

So yes, when suggested universal, the conservatives actually proposed Obamacare instead...and since the left nodded and dropped the idea of universal, accepting (a decade later) their proposal, they now went far to the right and demand now it to be "scruyoucare" or whatever it is...basically let the insurance make mad bank and have only the ruling class have health insurance.

I've always been for universal healthcare, which none of the Romney/hillary/Obamacare plans are. I just started this post to show that the extreme rates some have posted on the forums, you'll have to take with a grain of salt. If you are at the poverty level, you are not going to be faced with $1000 monthly premium for healthcare. The corporate leaders of america aren't going to be making money if you'd rather face a tax bill then pay for healthcare.

Right.
Not saying now, was discussing back in the 90s when the single payer healthcare was discussed by the Clintons.
Personally, I like the idea. I think once sick people become less profitable, more cure and fix oriented medicine/research will be undertaken. For now however, I wouldn't see why a cure for cancer would ever come when endless treatments are crazy profitable by the local industries. There is a philosophical angle here.

Your right. I had a buddy that worked as an x-ray installer. he told me that a part in an xray machine cost 3000% more than the same exact part you'd use in a regular pc. Hospitals are willing to pay whatever the cost, because they lose far more money by having that xray machine down for any length of time. Our healthcare system is 'for profit', and it shouldn't be.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

SaturnFX

NativeZero

Wait, you refuse to sign up to what? the website or like just health insurance in general? What happens if you get sick or get in an accident, getting a 100k bill all of a sudden?

I refuse to sign up for obamacare. I'm getting insurance through my employer in a few months, though it will cost about the same amount of money.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

SaturnFX

NativeZero

Apologies.

Can you refresh my memory for me?

HOW many republicans voted for The Affordable Care Act?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

alienreality
You know the ones I'm talking about, don't squirm out of it with that... obamacare health coverage to millions of Americans will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help, will be left the same as before, so those won't even notice at all.
Obamacare is a hoax and is just a way to "cook the books" and rake in more money for a false system, just like always.! It's okay to say you know, everyone already knows!

Dude made this thread to disprove specifically that. reread ops...and like every comment that came after that.
seems the part when it stops helping people is once you hit around the 400% above poverty level mark.

As far as the msm, from what I see, Fox is suggesting that Obamacare is the end of the world, msnbc is suggesting it is a capitalist plot to stop universal healthcare, and cnn has curled up in a ball and letting anyone talk while they scream they don't know.

Simple fact is, its mandatory insurance, with some help towards the lower end of the spectrum while doing some hammering at the higher end. this isn't rocket science, it is the same crappy conservative plan from the 90s..it is better than what we had, it is far worse than what we need.
but
my niece has a pre-existing condition. I don't give a toss what philosophies are going on here. she can get coverage now...people can take their principles of how they liked the good ole days of denial for insurance and go stick it in various areas. I have a list and graphs of said places should they need it.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

beezzer

SaturnFX

NativeZero

Apologies.

Can you refresh my memory for me?

HOW many republicans voted for The Affordable Care Act?

Thanks in advance.

In its current state? not many.
I was discussing in the 90s, when they introduced the mandate to oppose the Clintons.
it was their idea.
and now they are against it because it was accepted by the other side.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If you are at the poverty level, you are not going to be faced with $1000 monthly premium for healthcare. The corporate leaders of america aren't going to be making money if you'd rather face a tax bill then pay for healthcare.

YOU are not paying for your healthcare. You are only 'subsidizing' a SMALL portion of it. The tax payers are paying the greatest portion of your premiums.

Nobody wants to credit middle income America for carrying the burden of poverty, in addition to paying taxes to 'eliminate/ease' poverty.

Nothing is coming from the top 1%, 10%, or even 20%. It comes from middle America, effectively reducing their standard of living to poverty level, while doing NOTHING to ease poverty.

Within one generation, this will implode if it isn't stopped. Middle income will become poverty level, and who the he!l will be left to 'subsidize' them?!!! Certainly not the 'upper crust' of society! They have much better things to do with their money, such as count it.

edit on 2u11America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You do know where these magic "subsidies" come from right? Your fellow Americans and businesses paying higher taxes. The medical device company I work at laid off 40 people at my plant alone due to the new medical device tax. I'm sure those 40 people and their families who are unemployed will be so thankful they can go sign up for Obamacare.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

NativeZero

SaturnFX

NativeZero

I refuse to sign up for obamacare. I'm getting insurance through my employer in a few months, though it will cost about the same amount of money.

lol
ok, good for you..show da man...

(incidentally, you do know that the Affordable Care Act isn't an actual "thing", right? its just a new set of rules on insurance companies and the like that restructure their profits. the whole obamacare website is simply a convenience, not an actual like government program...so when you get covered next month, you are signing up for obamacare in the same way that getting personal insurance is...you still tick from uncovered to covered..
If its principles you are standing up for then, you must demand to not be covered by the employer..after all.....erm...freedom and such)

here, check this to understand what the ACA actually is in regards to how every single insurance company is now part of "obamacare" a quick list of what has changed

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

You are right on the money.
Food stamps don't cost anything for the recipient, but tax money does pay for them. My insurance has went up 20% in the last year and I don't get any tax subsidies to help with that.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I haven't been to the doctor in 5 years. I also have plenty of money in savings to pay for care if and when I need it.

Why the hell should I have to pay 150$ a month for something I don't want or need ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join