It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics Or It Didn't Happen, Bro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
In these Orwellian times, with cameras everywhere, I find the public’s acceptance of lack of evidence astonishing, especially on this site.

You just can’t tell us there were no video cameras outside the mass shooting sites of late. No one needs to see blood or death, just the lone gunman carrying 7 times his weight in artillery into the building, which had a brand new security system. 1 second of footage of that would be great, thanks. Where did it go? It exists. No need for a long dramatic drawn out case. Video evidence, done deal. So why is this not what happened?

The Malaysian plane’s black box is gone, sure it is. Not at all surprising, it’s really common and easy for a black box to disappear. It ONLY happens when one crashes into a skyscraper or disappears or gets shot down or whatever, but that’s totally normal. Nothin to see here, folks - literally.

About 15 years ago, some friends in my neighborhood got a knock at the door. The officers explained that they could see illegal activity and paraphernalia in the window from the street, and had probable cause to enter, and they did. In court, the satellite pictures of the inside of their apartment they were shown were shockingly clear and detailed. Again, this was 15 years ago.

Where. The. Hell. Is all the footage. Of the shooters. Entering. AND exiting. The buildings?!

People like Russell Brand should put their money where their mouth is and buy satellites. If everyone on Earth bought a cheap surveillance system and kept em running 24-7, things like mass shootings and planes disappearing would just cease to happen.

It’s like the gun theory - if everyone has one, people will be less likely to use them. If everyone had their own live A/V feed all the time, you’d have to disappear A LOT of people to continue to rape, murder, and abduct people. If everyone’s on camera all the time already, which we are, then why don’t we have our own systems? If the Governments are the only ones with the cameras (and businesses who will work with them in concealing or “losing” the footage) then we’ll never see proof of anything. Time for our own systems! Run the live feeds to streaming sites, news channels,neighbors. Even to the police department, so they know that I know that my meter wasn’t expired yet. Don’t even pull out that ticket book. I got you on camera, and the meter. Keep movin. Oh, now I'm being indignant and resisting? The video feeding to record on my laptop at home will prove I'm not. Good luck with your new Walmart security guard career. Simple as that. "Are you recording this?" "Yes, and so is everyone, all the time." See how quickly it becomes a non-issue?

The NSA is a huge fail, obviously. If “two terrorists with fake passports” can still get on a 747 without anyone noticing, then, fail. Shut it down. Or how ‘bout this: GPS the phones. “What?” Yea, they’re ringing, just GPS the phones. “Do what now?” GPS. The. Phones. “Still don’t follow, sorry.” So, you’re not going to just GPS the phones then? Check the passengers call logs and texts or something? No? Oh, ok. We’ll accept that.

I’ve seen great examples of dash-cams catching people backing into cars on the expressway then claiming they were rear-ended. Nope, you backed into me, and I filmed it, stupid. Now YOU'RE buying ME a new car. That’s great and all, but if we can save 30 lives with $100, shouldn’t we? And by save lives, I mean, SAVE LIVES, not prove it was a lone gunman who took them. Which I and most people here do NOT believe happened. So, if we’re right, whoever is responsible would simply have to stop perpetrating the hoaxes, because SOMEONE is going to film the truth, so don’t bother. And if it really is just lone crazies, we'll see em comin a mile away, and then we'll have the foresight to set up porta potties - I mean, just stop the perp.

My kid will have a camera and mic button on his collar every day. Getting one for myself too. You think I’m gonna walk away and leave my kind ANYWHERE without my own A/V feed from him running on my phone? Forget it. Find another kid. I don’t care if you’re a teacher, cop, pastor, or creepy uncle - I see what he sees, ALWAYS. And the story is over before it can begin.

I hope you all consider doing the same.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I read a few years ago that images couldn't constitute a tangible proof, in a court of justice, because with computers, even then, the images could be altered beyond the ability of anyone to see it.
I just don't remember which case it was... :/

As for satellite imagery, I was told more than 15 years ago that they could make pictures of skin cells on your beach towel, while you are swimming.

Remember that the Navy gave NASA 2 satellites that are more powerful than Hubble, because the Navy had new, better ones...

Where are those NASA pics now?

Again, no link for that, but it has been discussed here.

edit on 18-3-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good rant sir!, I completely get your point.
I live in a city, cameras everywhere, supposed to be recording or monitored 24hrs a day, yet if you want their recorded footage to aid you in court or to prosecute a criminal, they either say no, wasn't recorded or its a dummy camera! , I recently received a warning from my local medical practice for recording my appointment with a doctor, so I could quote what I was told as they never except responsibility for their advice or plan of action. I try to record everything im likely to need proof for. I have a dash cam as im seen as an easy target for fraudulent claims because of the disabled sticker on my rear window, implying im a bad driver!. Good idea about camera'n up your child, ive stitched gps tracker to my nephews coat, its very small, just needs charging every other day.
All the best

B.V.H

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

Thanks for the replies & stars & flags guys!

Yea i live in Chicago, so cameras are everywhere. My landlord has them all over the outside of the building but i don't get a feed from them. There are traffic ones on the corner of the two major streets intersecting 1 block away, and they're HUGE. They catch more than runners of red lights i'm sure. Of course when a police car smashed into my friend on his bike there, for some reason that footage never showed up.

Yea the GPS feed along with A/V would be smart.

In Chicago there's also a law that you can't record someone without their knowledge, but i rarely see signs indicating cameras. I'm pretty sure it applies more to public settings or phone calls. I don't think it applies on private property though, and I work in audio and video production, so it's a pretty safe assumption that you're being recorded if you're in or near my apartment.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You bring up some very interesting and very scary points. Very good rant.

Unfortunately, I see it as yet another control issue. You will see what we want you to see, and nothing more.

In the scheme of things, what you and others have brought up, with the satellite imagery and such, it just makes me think about how much we are being lied to, about everything.

Big brother isn't just watching. He is recording, and probably editing, to make sure the footage matches the story, the one he wants told.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Good rant. Agreed with most of it. Dash cam is a good idea. In Russia they have a 150 angles of that asteroid… you just know they have more than three grainy images of the plane that hit the pentagon.

I want to see e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g.

Don't know about seeing what my kid sees all the time. What if he wants to be free to get high or bone his girl friend?

Besides a live feed is hackable. Then you might be more vulnerable than you think.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

thanks, and true - but you can tell when things have been edited. well, some can.

and if he's gonna get high or bone someone, i'm assuming he's now well above the average age of the average Bohemian Grove victim, and no longer in need of a digital leash.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I got chewed out in a thread tonight because I suggested with all the top secret spy cameras we got going all the time, everywhere on everything...that "they" know where that lost plane went.

And all I meant is the point youve helped make here. I feel better now that you have. Thanks for that! MS

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Glad you found it! I've never posted in 'Rants" - this could have gone in "General Conspiracies" - but I figured I'd have more freedom of speech if I put it here.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I totally meant to reply to this yesterday, but such is life.
Couldn't bear to let a great idea not gets its kudos though. S & F

-->If everyone’s on camera all the time already, which we are, then why don’t we have our own systems?
If the Governments are the only ones with the cameras...then we’ll never see proof of anything.

-->Run the live feeds to streaming sites, news channels, neighbors. Even to the police department...Oh, now I'm being indignant and resisting? The video feeding to record on my laptop at home will prove I'm not. Good luck with your new Walmart security guard career. Simple as that. "Are you recording this?" "Yes, and so is everyone, all the time." See how quickly it becomes a non-issue?

I agree with everything you've said here, and most importantly, the need for us to take back our power. Recording ourselves on the daily walk of life would be a perfect adjunct to the car camera idea, and possibly a way for EVERYONE to get the upper hand on our current 1984 culture of NSA spying.

If we record ourselves and our daily interactions (and therefore have to be responsible for such) - it would also go a long way toward curbing crime altogether and we would "have our own backs" when faced with misuse of power.

If we DON'T use technology to take back our OWN power, then we've yielded to the idea of being controlled rats, forever at the mercy of those who do control the cameras/satellites.

At any rate, betcha manners and common sense would make an IMMEDIATE come-back.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonBlossom

Thanks for the reply and star & flag!
Glad people here agree with me on this.
There was another video posted (on here i think even) not long ago, where a police car going the wrong way down a one-way street smashed into a parked car. They stopped, checked the block for cameras, then arrested the person sitting in the passenger seat waiting for the driver to return!
But there was a camera they didn't see, and got busted. For them, it's starting already.

In another, 2 large gorilla sized white cops ask a small thin black detainee if they can "talk to him for a minute". He says "ok" and walks over to them while the guy he was talking to walks away. No threat.
A full 6 very difficult minutes to watch later, he's in foot cuffs, tazered and beaten and bloody, but they have to call 2 more officers in to help get him into handcuffs - for no apparent reason - but nonetheless - caught on camera.
If I was this gentleman's attorney, I would have to ask, what DIDN'T happen in these guys training? Huge fail as officers. It shouldn't take 4 large trained cops to restrain one small man already in foot cuffs and IN A DETENTION CENTER.
So, completely incompetent, obviously, no? What would they do on the streets?

I think calling out the bad guys (corrupt officers) as incompetent (for needing to use excessive force) is the only way to go. Hit em where it hurts - their pride. If that had been 2 regular dudes in a bar fight with this small frail man, well, they'd be the laughing stock of the town. "You two giants had to tazer him, then put him in foot cuffs, then had to get two more friends to help, and STILL lost the fight? Hahahahahaha."
The end.

new topics

top topics

join