It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian soldier killed in Crimea base; PM says conflict is now military

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

When soldiers stand off there is always tension. It takes just a spark to start a war. Let's hope cool heads prevail.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Telos

Below is the picture of the ukrainian solder killed minutes ago

If this soldiers death just happened minutes ago, what I find odd is how fast the propaganda machine was able to find a pic of him in uniform and get it up so quick...........Almost.........................like they had it planned!

Somebody is on the ball. Good to see.

Every time the powers that be need an agenda promoted, they always seem to have the pics, names and story that suits the agenda ready to go. They then release it to the parasitic media, who then play their role in the agenda. Just like 9/11 how they had the 19 "terrorists" named, pictured and ready to go, but still can't produce one single photo of any of the 19 boarding a plane on 9/11.
Just like the Sandy Hook shooting where they had the pics of Adam Lanza ready to go, despite him apparently completely disappearing off the grid. Yet not one camera at the school shows Lanza at the scene at ANY stage.

When ever they have the pics ready to go almost straight after the event, you can be sure that it was all pre-planned and is just following the agenda. This time, the agenda is war, and this one shooting could actually, and legally, be the trigger to all out war.

And the one main thing that people seem to forget is that the powers are not American, Russian or Ukrainian. They do not recognise themselves by nation. Therefore, they do not care which nations get destroyed, or which nations are dragged into it. War is business, and very big business at that. The average citizen cannot understand the need for war, yet the average citizen does not seem to realise how the powers that be think. War to you or me is stupid and pointless, yet war to them is all about profit and de-population. The governments of Russia, Ukraine and the US do not decide if we do or don't go to war, the powers that be decide that for them. Then, as good puppets always do, the governments then just carry out the agenda.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So everybody's going to make up conspiracy theories and ignore the Ukrainian people

It's like people have there own ideas about what's going on and are ignoring what is right In front of them because of other conspiracy's that have immigrated from the very country that has just invaded Ukraine

Amazing how things get out of hand without medication and lack of sleep
edit on 18-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
So everybody's going to make up conspiracy theories and ignore the ukranian people

It's like people have there own ideas about what's going on and are ignoring what is right In front of them because of other conspiracy's that emirate from the country that has just invaded and annexed another country

Which Ukrainian people? The far right fascists in power? The majority who voted to be part of Russia or The decent, good people caught in the middle?

The situation is complex

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

stargatetravels

TritonTaranis
So everybody's going to make up conspiracy theories and ignore the ukranian people

It's like people have there own ideas about what's going on and are ignoring what is right In front of them because of other conspiracy's that emirate from the country that has just invaded and annexed another country

Which Ukrainian people? The far right fascists in power? The majority who voted to be part of Russia or The decent, good people caught in the middle?

The situation is complex

Who says the interim government are far right fascists? The former extradited president said that, but I haven't seen any evidence yet to confirm that. And I know the former president has a warrant for his arrest from the Ukraine. I similarly know 73% of deputies in the Ukrainian parliament voted to impeach him. He was and is not a liked man. Even if the interim government is fascist, Russia should stay out of Ukrainian government and let them resolve this problem until they're shown to be unable to follow humanitarian and/or international laws.

What majority voted to annex to Russia? OH you mean the people who had their government buildings overtaken by russian forces in late February and may in fact be living in fear for their lives? I have not seen what options were on hte referendum, either. Was there an option to stay with Ukraine or just an option to be independent or annex with Russia? And how do we trust it? Surely we should trust the results because Russia only invaded to rescue the people!?

The "good people caught in teh middle" happen to be the Ukrainian people. When Russia sent forces into Crimea and invaded government buildings in late February they were breaking international law, breaking their own treaties, and making invalid the referendum that happened later. More broadly speaking, they did not allow Ukraine to deal with its own problems. They essentially stampeded into Crimea and trampled the sovereignly of Ukraine under the reasoning the interim government was invalid. How is hte interim government invalid? As far as I know, the only nation saying the interim government is invalid is Russia. And by all accounts they're saying this because they want to own the Crimea peninsula.
edit on 18-3-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Going to go out on a limb here and say there is a possible set up to this story.

Here's the Reuters link:
LINKY

And here's a quote from the article:

A Defense Ministry statement said the man had been shot while manning a tower, adding that the attackers in Russian uniforms were holding the base commander in a nearby building. A Russian Defense Ministry spokesman declined to comment.

1. Ukrainian soldier gets shot while in a tower
Certainly I'm not the ONLY one that realizes how easy it would be for someone to take a shot at a guy in a tower??

2. Russians are reportedly nearby holding the base commander in a building.

So why the hell would they shoot at the guy in the tower??? I'm sorry, something APPEARS to be rotten in the state of Crimea.
edit on 18-3-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

The lose a vote and rectify it by shooting people with snipers and causing conflict strategy somehow sounds familiar to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
So everybody's going to make up conspiracy theories and ignore the Ukrainian people

It's like people have there own ideas about what's going on and are ignoring what is right In front of them because of other conspiracy's that have immigrated from the very country that has just invaded Ukraine

Of course people make up their own mind, that's what our brains are for. And when the official stories from all sides are so contradicting, then no logical thinking person would believe a single word coming from any of them, until facts stated otherwise. That's where the thinking for ourselves comes into it. Maybe if we had a mainstream media that could be trusted, we wouldn't have to have our own ideas ?
And what a hide we must have to come onto a conspiracy site and discuss possible conspiracy theories.
So we aren't allowed to think of our own ideas, that's bad. We can't discuss possible conspiracy theories on a conspiracy site, that's bad too. If we don't see it your way, we haven't taken our medication and we're lacking sleep ?

One thing you seem to of forgotten is that there are 2 sides to EVERY story !

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Snipers again? They have already used this trick to oust the government. Plus that picture is of Ukraine uniformed guards inside their compound :-/

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
So? There was no one killed after all? Or has something else transpired?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Russian soldiers in the Crimea www.youtube.com... American in iraq www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
shooter www.youtube.com... of right sector his commander terrorist , provocateur and warmonger Yarosh Ukrainian president candidate

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
While I have no doubt that there are russian troops in Crimea (dont forget that russia has bases there). This Incident happened after a rally in which the new official of crimea announced the formation of the Crimean "Self Defence" forces... of which there was a formation present which then proceeded to where the incident occured.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Telos

Below is the picture of the ukrainian solder killed minutes ago

If this soldiers death just happened minutes ago, what I find odd is how fast the propaganda machine was able to find a pic of him in uniform and get it up so quick...........Almost.........................like they had it planned!

I had to login just to star your post. At least someone said it and on the first page. This story is more tired than the Cat in the Hat.

Que Bono? Who benefits?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

WCmutant
reply to post by Telos

I'm sorry, something APPEARS to be rotten in the state of Crimea.

Doesn't matter. It'll play out as it always does the only exception here is unlike other smaller countries, Putin is less likely to flinch. If everyone tilts it can get pretty messy.

Personally I see why Russia is concerned with NATO creeping up on her and not even remotely surprised Putin is doing what he is doing to ensure that Navy Yard doesn't become NATO's.

That would be like having Russian nukes in Cuba,...wait...what?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So the conflict is now military says the PM.. tough words.. then the next day he orders the WITHDRAWAL OF THE TROOPS FROM CRIMEA..

Some military might tactics.. it makes me sick.. i know Russia are the bigger force militarily but the coward like `we dont dare fire back` attitude from Ukraine is just abysmal

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The latest is Ukraine is pulling troops but they have also been told that if threaten to shoot. Certainly escalating.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Reinmax
The latest is Ukraine is pulling troops but they have also been told that if threaten to shoot. Certainly escalating.

Trust me they wont`

This willl go down as the most pitful, weakest surrender in world history, to just allow this to happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

I think the Ukrainians know that Crimea is lost to them.
It is as simple as that I think.

No need to fire shots because there is no point.
Give it to the Russians and hope it appeases them, what else can they do?
Not a damn thing without losing all of the Ukraine,
so it is a pretty smart move I think.
Not only that but the way things seemed to work out, it would of been brother against brother the way I understand it.
Something like that would/could cause a civil war and the Ukraine would suffer a lot worse in that case.

Cool heads are keeping the peace so far.

Unless you want a war?
I am just guessing, but you seem disappointed that it has not flared up?
Or is there another angle you are coming from?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by eliuk

I think the Ukrainians know that Crimea is lost to them.
It is as simple as that I think.

No need to fire shots because there is no point.
Give it to the Russians and hope it appeases them, what else can they do?
Not a damn thing without losing all of the Ukraine,
so it is a pretty smart move I think.
Not only that but the way things seemed to work out, it would of been brother against brother the way I understand it.
Something like that would/could cause a civil war and the Ukraine would suffer a lot worse in that case.

Cool heads are keeping the peace so far.

Unless you want a war?
I am just guessing, but you seem disappointed that it has not flared up?
Or is there another angle you are coming from?

It makes me angry to see people bullied thats all
And how do Ukraine know they would be totally wiped out by Russia?
History has had far bigger victories by under dogs before

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join