It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian soldier killed in Crimea base; PM says conflict is now military

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by Telos

WTH is foreign military doing in Russian territory???

I haven't taken sides. I just reported the news. So you have to find the right person/institution to address your remark.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If Russia attacked there would be a hell of alot more than one soldier dead....im speculating this is a mishap or miscommunication because losing one soldier just doesn't sound normal in terms of combat.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

It is important to understand that this situation did not 'just' happen. It's been ongoing for a a little bit now.

ProfessorT started reporting it in the Ukrainian Update thread at 10:25am EST. Here is the link to his post

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Telos

Below is the picture of the ukrainian solder killed minutes ago

If this soldiers death just happened minutes ago, what I find odd is how fast the propaganda machine was able to find a pic of him in uniform and get it up so quick...........Almost.........................like they had it planned!

It is a screenshot from a news in an ukrainian tv channel. With today's technology I don't think it takes much to get in possession of a picture. And I guess my comment might have thrown you off. Minutes ago has been used in a metaphorical way from me.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Crimea is NOT part of Russia regardless of the vote. Russia only recognises the vote and they full damn well know it was an illegal vote. The bases in Crimea continue to be Ukrainian and Crimea continues to be part of Ukraine of not Russia and is unrecognised by the international community.

There should have been a diplomatic a referendum vote through the Ukrainian government and not a pro Russian separatist government.

As for the killing of a Ukrainian Military Personal and the invasion of Ukraine there will be a military intervention. It has now passed the diplomatic talks stage.

I feel saddened that bullets have exchanged and resulted in a loss of life due to pretty differences that cannot be resolved.

Ukraine should stand strong and fight if need be and protect whats left of the homeland.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

deviant300
Crimea is NOT part of Russia regardless of the vote. Russia only recognises the vote and they full damn well know it was an illegal vote. The bases in Crimea continue to be Ukrainian and Crimea continues to be part of Ukraine of not Russia and is unrecognised by the international community.

There should have been a diplomatic a referendum vote through the Ukrainian government and not a pro Russian separatist government.

As for the killing of a Ukrainian Military Personal and the invasion of Ukraine there will be a military intervention. It has now passed the diplomatic talks stage.

I feel saddened that bullets have exchanged and resulted in a loss of life due to pretty differences that cannot be resolved.

Ukraine should stand strong and fight if need be and protect whats left of the homeland.

As there should have been elections, and not a western backed coup to go west. As for the alleged killing, lets wait and see.
What makes me sad is to see the level of sheer hipocresy and absolute lack of common sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I wanted to check this out and share in on other media, do you have any links for this to post? Thanks in advance and keep up the posting!
Cheers!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

gardCanada
reply to post by Telos

I wanted to check this out and share in on other media, do you have any links for this to post? Thanks in advance and keep up the posting!
Cheers!

Oh so sorry. I thought I posted the link

Here it is

www.haaretz.com...

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AjCvocL9yZFK2i6jyDGr9zzQtDMD;_ylu=X3o'___'BsaGVqY3E0BGNvbG8 DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNzcg--

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 18-3-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

rather ironic statement defending a wrong with another wrong there, neither act is justified.
edit on 18-3-2014 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Telos

Armed men, believed to be Russian servicemen, stand guard outside a Ukrainian military base in Perevalnoye in Crimea on March 18, 2014

Ah no, those are Ukrainian troops,and they are behind the gates. If Russia was attacking them, they would all be dead, not just one.Story does not feel right,

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Wookiep
They were disarmed by the Russians (those "unidentified masked men") weeks ago and told to go sit in the corner, basically.

If they were disarmed, then how did this shooting take place? Was it an execution? Or did the Ukrainian soldiers get ahold of new weapons?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

HardCorps
reply to post by khimbar

Just like what happened in the Republic of Georgia
When Moscow didn't like what was happening there, they sent in the Federal Security Service (FSB) of the Russian Federation, their FBI, and started handing out Russian passports to anyone who wanted one.

That gave Russia the excuse to send in the tanks and take control--- all on the premise of protecting Russian citizens.

Same things happening here... Estonia and Latvia are probably next on Putin's wish list
edit on 18-3-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

That's all right out of Tom Clancy's last book. The guy and his co-writer definitely had some good connections. But we don't have a President Ryan, we have a President Obama.

This is going to get worse as nothing is done and Russia/Putin keeps snatching up territory.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've said this before Do not be Hasty in judging Russia, especially when where you are hearing it and seeing it all work for the same corporations.

war is money
the senders sacrifice nothing but the lives of others.
Putin has avoided an excuse for US intervention by stopping the crap before it starts by putting his piece there.

Kerry and the other war mongers will be devastated.

What you should all be asking yourselves and each other is
'Where next, what will the next alternative stepping stone be'

It's quite obvious their intention is for a platform to house military personel.
So I'm asking where or who is the real target.

I believe it's revealed in the coded piece from Daniel.

Am I right regarding hidden messages in the bible?
If so may I quote with what I see as poof?
edit on 18-3-2014 by jazz10 because: explaination

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Cathcart

Wookiep
They were disarmed by the Russians (those "unidentified masked men") weeks ago and told to go sit in the corner, basically.

If they were disarmed, then how did this shooting take place? Was it an execution? Or did the Ukrainian soldiers get ahold of new weapons?

You got me, I haven't been privy to those details. All we know is a Ukrainian soldier was shot and killed.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There's one big line you could draw between east and west, straight down Russia's border with NATO alliance. "This is it boys, this is war"...?
edit on 18-3-2014 by f4andHALFtoads because: Eta

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
RT- "2 killed in shooting near Crimea military research center, 'sniper detained'"

The two killed were a Ukrainian officer and a Crimean self-defense soldier. The shooters were snipers, one of which was detained.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Can't believe the amount of Putin style outright lies are in this thread...

Putin last week, we're not here to annex the Crimea from Ukraine were protecting Russian speaking Ukrainians,

Putin today, we're rewriting mistakes in history... By illegal occupation of an invading army and force against the wishes of the Ukrainian people and government ... Your funeral mr Putler

Caught lying countless times in threads must be because they're in the wrong and have nothing to back up there claims other than twisted and distorted facts and a rigged 123% victory in the Crimean referendum regardless of the tartars and Ukrainians bullied off the streets and boycotting

This is a joke, and if Putin think it was a clever move we shall see by the end of the year how there doing

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Earlier, a military spokesman said a Ukrainian officer was killed in a shooting at a military facility on the outskirts of the Crimean capital Simferopol, but it was unclear who was behind the incident.

www.haaretz.com...

hey thats the same lind of lack of proof jurisprudence that led to the invasion of iraq

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

HardCorps
reply to post by Telos

Prime Minister Yatseniuk needed this to happen.
Now he can appeal to the EU and NATO for military aid and support for his country.
and if that happens Putin has all he needs to order his T-90 Vladimir's to cross the border.

It's just like watching an Angry Birds game, right?

Needed indeed. A possible false flag right out of the USA's playbook. Attack and kill a Ukrainian to garner support and outrage!!

It's not like Angry Birds... it's more like watching every trumped up war/attack the USA has ever made on another country, only it's happening in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

The nazis spoofed the deaths of germans by dressing up dead poles they had killed as nazis
then they invaded poland...

many feel its where the us got the false flag idea from
them

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join