It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA surveillance program reaches ‘into the past’ to retrieve, replay phone calls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Restricted
Privacy is already dead. The younger generation killed it with things like sharing on FB, etc., and the government aided and abetted.

Good point. People choose to share things of interest on facebook, ergo the government having access to everything we ever do using internet or telephone technology is the natural conclusion.

If you have a facebook, you have no right to complain about having all of your information hacked into!

[/sarcasm]...since apparently sarcasm is undetectable online for many...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
What's really nasty about this sort of thing is that as outraged as some of us (or a lot of us) may be right now that it's going on, they'll keep doing it. And more than that, they'll keep acclimating today's young people to the idea of it. I'm convinced that boiling frog/incrementalism is one of the major keys to everything they do.

What frustrates me is that probably as early as another ten years, people will have accepted this outrage and moved on. It's already happening. Go and post this link in a non-conspiracy forum and most of the responses you get will either people calling you crazy or saying "So what?" (or some variant of it).
edit on 19-3-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by benrl

Well, they know what you like to eat.

If "they" showed up at your door, there's a good chance they know more about you than you know about yourself. They probably can even predict someone's behavior using models generated from all the various bits and pieces of information.

It's what I would do.

This is very easy to do. There's even a branch of study where the psychology of someone can be closely modeled based on what brands of items they buy, banks use it all the time since they get the information from card swipes. Getting your weekly shopping lists can actually let them know a lot about you.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

benrl
Really, even as a Tech guy, I can't comprehend what they would be capable of with that level of dedicated research, with a true Quantum computer NO modern encryption would stand for very long.
edit on 18-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

There's one type of known encryption that can stand through a quantum computer, it's called a Vernam Cipher. It's not very practical to use on a mass scale though. They were used extensively during the Cold War however, I would bet a lot of money that our most important secrets are still encrypted with them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join