It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Future Mom: Down's kids address expecting mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I read the news every day, mostly sifting through the tragedy, sadness, and violence in search of those little gems that reassure me that humanity is not completely lost. Today, I found one via Yahoo news that just warms my heart. Thought I’d share it here, since the last month or so the board has been filled to the brim with bad news.

This is a video response to a pregnant woman who is expecting a Down’s syndrome baby. She wrote to this organization expressing her fears about what kind of life her baby would have. The video shows several down’s children and adults reassuring her that her baby will do just fine.

Down’s syndrome is one of those conditions that I really have a soft spot for. While it’s referred to as a defect, I’m not so sure. If you’ve ever been around a Down’s kid, you already know that they are typically full of both kindness and innocence, both virtues missing in most people. I think your average person could learn a lot from the people featured in this video. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Dear Future Mom

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Yes, they are utterly emotional and can be very clever at times (especially when it comes to manipulating emotion).

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Yes indeed, all children are pretty good at manipulating emotion!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

I totally agree. My friends in high school were total jerks one lunch and I got mad at them. Told my friends that I'd much rather eat lunch with those kids than people like them and sat down. My peers with Down's were so honest, friendly, and happy. I had the best time and really admired their simple and straightforward common sense. It was awesome and irrevocably changed how I viewed people with Down's. In my book, they are some of the best people on this planet.

Like you, I don't think Down's is really a defect either. I think they are beautiful people...like I said, some of the best from my experiences. I got chewed out by a young man with Down's a few months ago for having to buy Ensure. He wasn't hearing any of my excuses at all, lol, and I took his words to heart, did what he told me to do. Nobody else had the guts to do that with me or to challenge me. I credit him for helping turn my health around and I keep looking for him to thank him for that.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
wonderful video, damn ninja onions snuck in when I was watching...

new topics

top topics

join