It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Flight 370 Scenario So Far - Theory of an actual pilot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

So the shutting down of ACARS was incidental to the fire? Just clarifying so I inderstand. Haven't been able to follow this very closely the past several days due to work and personal stuff.

See, I am hearing reports today that ACARS was programmed via a computer to be shut down even prior to take off.

ETA *Correction
Actually, that was in error, the plane was programmed to TURN prior to takeoff. Apologies.

In the timeline, the OP says fire possibly on takeoff.

So what, exactly, was the timeline, in minutes, of the following:

The ACARS shutdown
The plane turning around
The co-pilot calling in
I believe they said he then switched off the comms after he called in
The last radar sighting

I think laying those things out in minutes would add clarity to the OP. At least for me.

edit on 18-3-2014 by Libertygal because: Edited to quantify statement

edit on 18-3-2014 by Libertygal because: fix error

edit on 18-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think this theory can be put to bed. I hate to say that I was actually relieved and enjoyed this as the lesser of two evils.

Unfortunately it has been officially reported that the pilot had said goodnight to ATC 12 minutes AFTER they had already changed directions.

This fact is strongly suggestive that the pilots had a plan...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

EnderMEM
I think this theory can be put to bed. I hate to say that I was actually relieved and enjoyed this as the lesser of two evils.

Unfortunately it has been officially reported that the pilot had said goodnight to ATC 12 minutes AFTER they had already changed directions.

This fact is strongly suggestive that the pilots had a plan...

See, that's kind of where I was heading with my outlined questions above.

I hate to be the party pooper here....

Glad someone else sees the contradictions.

I was beginning to think I had something amiss in my perceived timeline of events, hence why I was asking for quantification.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnderMEM

Based on the Malaysian government timeline. They have a vested interest in this being a hijacking.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Based on the Malaysian government timeline. They have a vested interest in this being a hijacking.

That is true, actually, if primarily only for insurance payout purposes. Are you suggesting other reasons?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Malaysia does not want this plane being turned into a guided missile. If that ended up being the case, and this plane ended up as a dirty missile in china somewhere, that will kill Malaysian tourism. China/Malaysian tourism > cost of 777

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The government owns either 40 or 48% of the airline. A mechanical failure adds them to the lawsuits, and the lose a lot. A hijacking is easier to defend.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

A hijacking and crash, which is far more likely is the best case scenario for them.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well until anyone finds wreckage then "crash" isn't something I'm willing to discuss.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
THE PILOT TURNED THE PLANE BEFORE LAST CONTACT.

That's the part where I don't get it. Wouldn't have ATC or authorities been alarmed that during their conversation they were already seeing the plane going off course? Wouldn't they ask the pilots where they were going? They were tracking it in real time right?

ACARS TURNED OFF BEFORE LAST COMMUNICATION RETRACTED

They couldn't even agree on the timeline of events. The sequencing of events is key here. And any misinformation or unclarity on that, however small, can lead to a whole new conclusion entirely. So my take on news is, before I believe it, I'll let it simmer for a day or two to see if its gonna be retracted or debunked.

It's really weird how they are handling information.
edit on 18-3-2014 by IQPREREQUISITE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yea I don't get that part either. I thought that pilots would radio in a course change or ATC would check in on them when they noticed them ~40 miles off course in a easterly direction....

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Which pokes yet another hole in the data from the Malaysian government.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

1:07 a.m.: The onboard Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, or ACARS, sends out what turns out to be its last communication.

(Source: CEO of Malaysia Airlines, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, in Monday’s news conference, clarifying that ACARS did not necessarily shut down at that time.)

1:19 a.m.: Someone inside the cockpit, believed to be the co-pilot, makes the plane's last verbal communication with air traffic controllers, saying, "All right, good night." Those were the last words from Flight 370.

(Source: Yahya at Monday’s news conference, confirming that it was the co-pilot who spoke; he also reconfirmed the time.)

1:21 a.m.: The transponder -- which communicates the altitude, coordinates and aircraft call sign -- stops responding.

(Source: Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, director of the Malaysian Dept. of Civil Aviation, at news conference on March 12.)

1:22 a.m.: Thai military radar was tracking the signal of Flight 370 when it disappeared at 1:22 a.m. Malaysian time (12:22 a.m. Thai time), a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman tells CNN.

1:28 a.m.: Flight 370 was transmitting the normal flight path and commercial data, but then the Thai radar station in the southern Surathani province saw an unknown aircraft appear flying in the opposite direction at this time, a Royal Thai Air Force spokesman tells CNN. That aircraft might have been Flight 370.

Approx. 1:30 a.m.: Air traffic controllers lose contact with the plane​.

1:37 a.m.: An expected ACARS transmission does not happen.

(Source: CEO Yahya, Monday news conference.)

2:15 a.m.: Malaysian military radar last detects what’s believed to be the plane, over the small island of Pulau Perak in the Strait of Malacca, hundreds of miles off course.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I think at the end of each day someone is assigned to come up with a new twist/angle for the flight 370 disappearance. The authorities seem to be so desperate for answers that they're now making up "waypoints" in the timeline that are beyond logic and reason. I wish they'd just stop talking until more DEFINITIVE information is known. All they're doing is giving CNN theories for their "experts" to babble Ad nauseam about for another 24 hour news cycle.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have a question if the plane was highjacked and flying low to hide from radar I would think one of the passengers would have tried to contact someone somehow. On 9-11 people used cell phones to contact loved ones or even the phones on the plane. Most if not all of the hijackings I have read about someone on the plane tipped off someone on the ground one way or another . just a thought . I am sure someone will make sure to tell me how stupid my question is shortly

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

xmaddness
reply to post by PeterMcFly

Thanks, the theory seems to fit, but remember that this is only a working theory.

I still want to hear all things that could debunk this theory! It needs to be tested and have all possibilities thrown at it to see if a plausible answer could still be fit to the puzzle.

This idea is very plausible.

However, something about this story seems too unreal.

The amount of attention given to this for starters. Almost as if this were a tsunami that killed 200,000 people, or a nuclear meltdown in Japan. Why is this still not on the news 24/7? seems more important than a missing plane from Malaysia. (no disrespect intended)

The so called important passengers working on high tech weaponry.

The empty seats to accommodate the extra heavy freight.

Simply, to me, the fact that this is major news and a major world mystery for so long now really gives me the uneasy feeling that this is the beginning of something much bigger, that this entire media event is an orchestrated operation.
Even if the MSM does not realize it themselves yet.

When I think of this I think of this world-mover type NWO evil guy.

He is dangling a live lamb over a pit of crocodiles.
They are just snapping and going crazy for the lamb that is being dangled over their heads.

The world, the frogs and dragonflies that are hanging around the edge of the pit are the eyes of the world.
The crocodiles are the MSM.

Once that lamb is dropped an explosive revelation will shower the eyes of the world in udder bewilderment unlike anything we have seen yet.

I believe this story could be a red herring for the real adventure that is about to begin.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

ironjello
I am sure someone will make sure to tell me how stupid my question is shortly

OMG so stupid.
Everyone knows they only have Verizon that far out

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

FinalCountdown

ironjello
I am sure someone will make sure to tell me how stupid my question is shortly

OMG so stupid.
Everyone knows they only have Verizon that far out
well that explains that for me. Thank you. Lol

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
While there are still unanswered questions in regards to the pilot's theory, it makes the MOST sense of all the other theories I read so far.
(I don't really trust the time-line information given by the Malaysians, obviously they're not exactly the best in relying accurate information as the last week(s) clearly showed).

Point being that pretty much all the other theories, such as flying the plane to 43,000ft "to kill the passengers" or the idea to hijack a plane, a 777 with 239ish people inside and then to "hide it" etc. ...ALL those theories are absurd and don't make any sense.

I was especially impressed by the reasoning he could've flown to 43,000 in an attempt to distinguish the fire and even the diving makes sense if a pilot would be in such a situation with a burning plane/tire...no airport close-by anywhere but nothing but thousands of miles of water. Makes LOTS of sense to me and sounds very plausible.

It's startling seeing a pilot saying those things which makes total sense while our media doesn't produce more than "terrorism scenarios" and echoing conspiracy theories (meteorite, yeah right!) they read off forums and print as "news" on their site.

CNN for example, in the ten days now I follow this closely as so many...and there is really no "information" whatsoever in all that bulk of blah-blah nor any plausible theory like this pilot's ones. Maybe we live in a time where "terrorism" already made us blind and unable to think clearly...

edit on 22014R000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago22PMTuesdayTuesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Thanks very much, now, when in that timeline, did the plane turn, please? Say, with regards to takeoff and the co-pilots' last statement?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join