It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A squadron of F-16s and support personnel arrive in Poland.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
12 Aviano F-16s, support personnel arrive in Poland.

3/17/2014 - LASK AIR BASE, Poland -- At the invitation of the government of Poland, twelve 555th Fighter Squadron F-16 Fighting Falcons and approximately 200 personnel assigned to the 31st Fighter Wing at Aviano Air Base, Italy, arrived at the U.S. Air Force Aviation Detachment here, March 14-15.

Over the next several days, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and the Polish Air Force will be conducting an off site bi-lateral training event that demonstrates the U.S.'s commitment to collective defense responsibilities under NATO's objectives.

Well, this could be a build up leading to something bigger.

I like how they make a point to mention that it was done "at the invitation of Poland". If someone puts a gun to your head, youre gonna "invite" them into your home.

On July 4, 2008, Poland did not agree on the conditions set forth by the United States regarding the installation of anti-ballistic missiles on its territory.[16]

On July 8, 2008, the Russian Foreign Ministry stated that if the missile defense system was approved, "we will be forced to react not with diplomatic, but with military-technical methods."[17]

On August 14, 2008, shortly after the 2008 South Ossetia war, the United States and Poland announced a deal to implement the missile defense system in Polish territory, with a tracking system placed in the Czech Republic.

Maybe its just a show of force?

There are foreign military bases in Poland so maybe its a routine exercise?

Joint Force Training Centre.

US missile defense complex in Poland.

Then again, there are US bases everywhere so who knows...

edit on 18-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I wouldn't sweat it, No way Crimea is worth WW3 over
ranks right up there with somebody crossing their arms
posturing to be expected
moving along
edit on 18-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
As far as the world is sane, there won't be unnecessary violence in the world. Hopefully Putin doesn't have the urge to invade the US just to take off his shirt and ride on Obama.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The US announced this movement of troops and fighter jets last week to 'beef' up its policing operation in the Baltic Sea with other NATO members as well as conducting military exercises. Britain are also sending fighter jets amid the tension between Ukraine and Russia. Something has to give and that's what King Putin wants.
edit on 18-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

If someone puts a gun to your head, youre gonna "invite" them into your home.

It could be that...
It could also be that the Poles remember that Germany wasn't the only country that invaded them in September of 1939, the Soviet Union entered from the other side and split Poland with Germany.
I am not discounting that there may be pressure exerted on Poland from the outside to 'allow' this though. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I like how they make a point to mention that it was done "at the invitation of Poland". If someone puts a gun to your head, youre gonna "invite" them into your home.

If I were to think of just one country in Europe, that has experience with the lies, and deceit of Soviet mouthpieces, it would be Poland. Wouldn't you agree? Wouldn't you agree that old Putin is former KGB, and would love to see a resurgence of a modern day Soviet Union?

Putin said, and I quote

"Above all, we should acknowledge that the collapse of the Soviet Union was a major geopolitical disaster of the century. As for the Russian nation, it became a genuine drama. Tens of millions of our co-citizens and co-patriots found themselves outside Russian territory. Moreover, the epidemic of disintegration infected Russia itself."

So yes, Poland invited lots of help. The last time they did the same thing, though...Europe, and the rest of the world left them hanging, to get hammered by the Germans on their Western Front, and backstabbed by the Soviets on their Eastern Front. So, the only gun to their head, is one of Russian manufacture.

It won't be the same this time...the only question is, will the Ukraine be the one left out to dry, just like Poland was in 1939?
edit on 18-3-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Next we will hear that the Polish want to annex themselves and join the Russian federation.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i don't know from where you took that map but its wrong, there is no US base in Venezuela.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

gladtobehere

Poland wants forces there, they do not want to be invaded. I spoke with a friend in Poland and they seem pretty welcoming to our support.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
TextUS Vice-President Joe Biden, speaking earlier in Poland, said Russia's involvement in Crimea was "a brazen military incursion" and its annexation of the territory was "nothing more than a land grab" by Moscow.
Just though I would ad this snip it from the bbc earlier. So Joe is in Poland ay? Interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

WW1 broke out over 1 person dying........

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The US has been sending F-16s to Poland for years. This is nothing new. They were originally invited to train their pilots when the Polish Air Force was an all MiG force. The Polish were so impressed by the aircraft they bought their own Block 50/52 F-16s. The US pilots and ground crews work with them to teach them the tricks of the aircraft.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Zaphod58
The US has been sending F-16s to Poland for years. This is nothing new. They were originally invited to train their pilots when the Polish Air Force was an all MiG force. The Polish were so impressed by the aircraft they bought their own Block 50/52 F-16s. The US pilots and ground crews work with them to teach them the tricks of the aircraft.

Don't you think those A-10's which are being apparently mothballed by the USAF might find a very very welcome home in Poland, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia? I'm sure they'd even agree to buy them.

And if US wanted to send an even better message they'd send F-22's. And restart the assembly line and sell some to Poland.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is more about bolstering the defence of the Baltic states than Poland itself by the looks of things...

As well as the US planes the UK is sending over 6 (!?) Typhoons to assist:

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Local Poland shops will get a boost in income.

Hope they brought Visa and Mastercard, not those useless Amex cards.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

And thanks to MAD that will never be repeated,besides war is not waged like that anymore,why kill tens of thousands or millions of people having the option to topple governments and change policy.

edit on 18-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Hogs would be perfect for that region.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No, I am pretty certain that Poland Genuinely has invited NATO forces into its borders, and has not been coerced. They have more reason than most, given their history and geographic vulnerability. They are closer to the West, being Roman Catholic, spent 50 years first as an battleground, then as a dominated buffer state. They rightly worry about Russia. It's not like they are pointlessly paranoid. Russia has not been exactly kind to them.

The last world war was started over Poland.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Poland always wanted to have American base on our territory. There is large public support for such project with nearly completely lack of voices against such idea. It was US who didn't want to move to Poland before. Fortunately present situation on Ukrainian generated big political potential for creating such base.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Opraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Opraks
Poland always wanted to have American base on our territory. There is large public support for such project with nearly completely lack of voices against such idea. It was US who didn't want to move to Poland before. Fortunately present situation on Ukrainian generated big political potential for creating such base.

This is true, the US has avoided stationing troops in Poland and the Baltics to avoid making Russia paranoid. Russia current actions have changed that. As I recall the defense of Poland has alway called for 4 or so division sized elements from the US, UK and Germany. The forces going to Poland at this point will be much much smaller and more symbolic in nature, a statement that the US and NATO will stand with Poland and Baltic states. Although if I was Russia I would not want to tangle with the Poles, they have well trained, well equiped military now and would be a very motivated foe all on there own.

top topics

join