It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maldives residents report sighting of 'low flying jet'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
And since everyone has a theory.. here's mine: There was some kind of electrical failure and sudden depressurization that disabled auto pilot and knockedout/killed everyone on the plane. It then flew as a ghost plane till it crashed.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

And it very well could be there now. If this plane landed in Maldives like I think then it has likely already been outfitted with a new transponder code and identifier from another local plane, been refuelled and flown to a private strip somewhere that it can land and be obscured.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Pakd-on-mystery

Aleister
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Did they give an exact direction that it was flying in? An enterprising reporter should go there and have them point to the exact spot they saw it in, where it passed over, and the direction it flew.

I actually checked the english article again, and it does give a direction:

Eyewitnesses from the Kuda Huvadhoo concurred that the aeroplane was travelling North to South-East, towards the Southern tip of the Maldives – Addu

(source: www.haveeru.com.mv... )
edit on 18/3/2014 by Pakd-on-mystery because: source

I am really thinking this is where the plane landed. They state Addu Atoll in the article as being the direction it was headed. This is where GAN airport is located.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just been looking at details and there was not enough fuel to reach Somalia.

Gan airport is closest however I still maintain that Diego Garcia (secret ? US base) is where it's gone...

PDUK

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

According to what I've seen they would have been on fumes by this point and if it was a mission with a secondary operation involved I dont the ink they would risk Diego Garcia.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Is there a way to pull up a radar record on flightradar24, or something like it, for all flights that were around the Maldives on the 8th of March around 615am?

Of course, any flights that come up in the southern direction from where locals said they saw this thing, around that time could effectively rule out MH370 as what they saw. Since the transponder was turned off it would not show up on the radar data.

However, if no flight turns up at that time in that area, then perhaps that could lend some credence into what they are saying...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My apologies if this thought has been posted already, but...

The Maldives are a very popular tourist attraction in the northern hemisphere. It's not like there's a bunch of savages running around with AK-47's yelling "Allah Akbhar" there. If a renegade, hijacked, Malaysia Airlines B777-200ER landed there...the World would KNOW by now!

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

So then it seems it not at all uncommon for a large jet liner to be flying at lower altitudes around the islands?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Well, if it was flying low somewhere other than on a final approach path, yes, I would think it both strange and notable. That wasn't my point really. I've seen numerous posts and threads contemplating whether the Maldives have a runway long enough to land a 777 (as if one may have clandestinely landed and been hidden there). As the OP shows, they (777's) most definitely do land there, but if MH 370 showed up there it would be known. That's all.

On the other hand, if it crashed there, somewhere off-shore, then indeed this area should be searched. However, if I'm not mistaken it already has been (a couple times or more).

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It was flying towards Diego Garcia

The pilot even programmed the Diego Garcia co-ordinates and runway into his homemade flight simulator for practice runs

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Taobender

If it was flying to Diego Garcia and was within 1,000nm, then it was shot down long before it ever got even close. Period. DG is one place you don't sneak up on (high, low or otherwise)!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It was going there to land.....apparently DG was expecting it

that's why the pilot had the runway programmed for practice, it wasn't a kamakazi situation

edit on 18-3-2014 by Taobender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

PhotonEffect
Is there a way to pull up a radar record on flightradar24, or something like it, for all flights that were around the Maldives on the 8th of March around 615am?

Of course, any flights that come up in the southern direction from where locals said they saw this thing, around that time could effectively rule out MH370 as what they saw. Since the transponder was turned off it would not show up on the radar data.

However, if no flight turns up at that time in that area, then perhaps that could lend some credence into what they are saying...

Yes and I did exactly that earlier today. I watched flight from two hours prior to the sighting until two hours after and not one flew over the area they say it was seen which would correspond to it not being tracked. What I would like to see is data of how many flew in versus how many flew out of GAN.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

PhotonEffect

So then it seems it not at all uncommon for a large jet liner to be flying at lower altitudes around the islands?

Incorrect. The area that said they saw the plane is not a normal flight path for GAN. If it was low enough to see doors then there was something odd happening.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Flyingclaydisk
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Well, if it was flying low somewhere other than on a final approach path, yes, I would think it both strange and notable. That wasn't my point really. I've seen numerous posts and threads contemplating whether the Maldives have a runway long enough to land a 777 (as if one may have clandestinely landed and been hidden there). As the OP shows, they (777's) most definitely do land there, but if MH 370 showed up there it would be known. That's all.

On the other hand, if it crashed there, somewhere off-shore, then indeed this area should be searched. However, if I'm not mistaken it already has been (a couple times or more).

May or may not be known. GAN is a large runway without a lot of traffic. From the flight radar I have watched their were no more than 10 planes that flew there during this time period if that. A flight coming in low and early morn could have bee easily hidden.

The entire airport is under renovation as well. And the border security is handled by the U.S..

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Taobender
It was flying towards Diego Garcia

The pilot even programmed the Diego Garcia co-ordinates and runway into his homemade flight simulator for practice runs

The pilot also programmed Male in the Maldives in. Do you really think the pilot would leave a trail for authorities to trace if this was planned? That would be a rookie mistake.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Every theory, sighting, etc. needs to be taken seriously and followed up on.

If I were involved with the investigation I would even go so far as to interrogate these "eyewitnesses". This is clearly a sophisticated operation, who's to say these locals aren't part of it all and are giving false statements to get investigators looking in the wrong direction?

At this point I would leave no stone unturned.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Taobender

It was going there to land.....apparently DG was expecting it

that's why the pilot had the runway programmed for practice, it wasn't a kamakazi situation

edit on 18-3-2014 by Taobender because: (no reason given)

It did not land in DG. It would have been on fumes and not risked if this was a real mission. The reason for the different runways being programmed into a flight SIM is to throw investigations off the actual trail.

Not really believing I have to say this to a conspiracy community, but think outside the box people.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How about enough fuel for Madagascar? Seems big enough for adequate landing space and it stayed in the air longer than 4 hours according to the reports maybe even 7 hours.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Taobender

Have you ever read about a concept known as "plausible deniability"?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join