It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maldives residents report sighting of 'low flying jet'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I haven't seen this posted yet, so I thought I'd open a thread for it.
(excuse any mistakes, I haven't posted in ages)

About ten minutes ago, N24 (a german News channel) reported about residents of the Maledive islands claiming to have seen an extremely low flying aircraft, appearing to be very similar to Flight MH370:
(source: www.n24.de... )

several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo told Haveeru on Tuesday that they saw a "low flying jumbo jet" at around 6:15am on March 8. They said that it was a white aircraft, with red stripes across it – which is what the Malaysia Airlines flights typically look like.

"I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly," said an eyewitness. "It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too."

(source:www.haveeru.com.mv...)
Haveeru is the local Maledives Newspaper that first reported about this
edit on 18/3/2014 by Pakd-on-mystery because: Haveeru info

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Did they give an exact direction that it was flying in? An enterprising reporter should go there and have them point to the exact spot they saw it in, where it passed over, and the direction it flew.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I know a few of us on here were thinking the Maldives as a possible destination. Will look up some of my posts on this and get back later

This was one of the destinations on the 'Flight Sim'. hmmm
edit on 3/18/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Did they give an exact direction that it was flying in? An enterprising reporter should go there and have them point to the exact spot they saw it in, where it passed over, and the direction it flew.

I actually checked the english article again, and it does give a direction:

Eyewitnesses from the Kuda Huvadhoo concurred that the aeroplane was travelling North to South-East, towards the Southern tip of the Maldives – Addu

(source: www.haveeru.com.mv... )
edit on 18/3/2014 by Pakd-on-mystery because: source

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Nice find...I have been saying Maldives since the beginning...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It takes 4 hours to fly from Malaysia to the Maldives, so the timing could be correct......I haven't seen this info anywhere, thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
No problem, just trying to help where I can!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There is still one question unanswered. Why?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

sparklez
There is still one question unanswered. Why?

Why what? Can't answer why until it is either found or it turns up in another attack somewhere. The why will become apparent at some point.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What I want to know is...what took so long to report this, do they not see the news and know that everyone on the planet has been searching for this plane for over 10 days now? Is this area so remote that the news just got there?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I feel for the people who are lost, and their families - But this is the most interesting story that has happened in ...ever.

I haven't checked ATS so many times since I started checking back in 05. Its ridiculous the twist and turns these stories are taking and reminds me of how good this website is for finding out information.

Like I said I have complete sympathy for the lost ones and their families, but blimey this has me on the edge of my seat eagerly anticipating the truth or the next twist to this bizarre story

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

n00bUK
I feel for the people who are lost, and their families - But this is the most interesting story that has happened in ...ever.

I haven't checked ATS so many times since I started checking back in 05. Its ridiculous the twist and turns these stories are taking and reminds me of how good this website is for finding out information.

Like I said I have complete sympathy for the lost ones and their families, but blimey this has me on the edge of my seat eagerly anticipating the truth or the next twist to this bizarre story

Nothing is EVER lost in the airline industry, it is mearly DELAYED.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I feel exactly the same!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

edit on 18/3/2014 by Pakd-on-mystery because: double post

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is what I posted on this thread

whatnext21
I think with the Indian Ocean now included in the search area, that Male and the Maldives might be a logical choice? This is a 4 hour 25 min destination from where the plane was last heard from?

The Maldives

Government:

The Maldivian government is centered in the capitol city of Male, population 104,000, on the Kaafu Atoll. Male is the largest city in the archipelago.

Under the constitutional reforms of 2008, the Maldives has a republican government with three branches. The President serves as both head of state and head of government; presidents are elected to five-year terms.

The legislature is a unicameral body, called the People's Majlis. Representatives are apportioned according to the population of each atoll; members are also elected for five-year terms.

Since 2008, the judicial branch has been separate from the executive. It has several layers of courts: the Supreme Court, the High Court, four Superior Courts, and local Magistrate Courts. At all levels, judges must apply Islamic sharia law to any matter that is not specifically addressed by the Constitution or laws of the Maldives.

Religion:

The official religion of the Maldives is Sunni Islam, and according to the Maldivian Constitution, only Muslims may be citizens of the country. Open practice of other faiths is punishable by law.

Here is an interesting article I just found
How Terrorists Could Exploit GPS Flaws to Hijack Ships and Planes from 08/05/2013

The results illustrated how terrorists and hackers could hijack ships and planes, causing untold damage.
The UT team conducted the test aboard a 210ft super-yacht in the Mediterranean Sea.
By feeding counterfeit radio signals to the yacht, the researchers managed to steer the ship way off course. They could turn it to the left and right and even send it on a collision course with another vessel.
The ship’s GPS system, meanwhile, indicated that it was calmly moving along its intended course in a straight line. There was no suggestion of any problem or deviation.

And the runway is long enough, a Boeing 777-200 can land in Maldives. Watch for the RR symbol on the engine.

What was the captain practicing on his simulator, flying into the Maldives at night? Not saying the pilot is or was in on the hijack if it was indeed hijacked, but the plane has left the air and landed somewhere and if it did land there, it would have been dark.
edit on 3/13/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

An enterprising reporter should go there and have them point to the exact spot they saw it in…

Yes come. bring many reporters and investigators. We have nice hotels and beaches. (Bring Visa card)

Sorry, not directed at you personally. This tale may have merit, just musing about all the people with their hand$ out.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Reading these topics make me concerned cause if what you are saying is true i wonder why they hijacked the plane.
We have the nuclear security summit coming here to Den Haag which will be held on 24th and 25th of March.
Now there will be a lot of important people and i think any terrorist would love to have a plane by then.
I hope i am so far off that i should stop replying but cant help to see a conspiracy in everything.

www.nss2014.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Unsurprising if true. I've maintained that the plane could quite possibly be located in any country with extremists and poor security. Indonesia was first to come to my mind, but the Maldives are just as good of a guess...

With this said, i believe that the Malaysian authorities had found 4 or 5 landing strips on one of the pilot's flight simulator, all located in or around the Indian Ocean. One was located in the Maldives. Others were located in India, Sri Lanka and Diego Garcia. It must be noted that when i read about it, the news outlet said that the report was yet to be corroborated. Still interesting nonetheless.

“So far from the software, we have investigated Male International Airport in Maldives, an airport owned by the United States (Diego Garcia) and three more landing tracks in India and Sri Lanka, all which have a distance of 1,000 meters of runway.

“Although the Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishamuddin has denied allegations that MH370 landed in Diego Garcia, investigations will still continue based on Zaharie’s flight simulator software,” said the source to Berita Harian.

english.astroawani.com...
edit on 18-3-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I really think this is where they will find this plane landed. I do not think it is still there however.

I initially posted this back on the 11th....

Vasa Croe
I am going to roll with they landed it in the Maldives. Plenty of religious extremism there, airport could easily handle this plane, and if the right people were involved it would be the perfect place to refuel and prepare for something big. Conspiracy hat on. Would love to find out if the passport thieves are linked to any extremist groups. Fully fueled and without passengers I believe they could hit most major cities with this plane on the globe.
edit on 3/11/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

in this thread....www.abovetopsecret.com...

We are now 7 days later and still no sign. I really think this plane has been altered and the codes have been changed to make it appear as a different plane to ATC systems. It was flown to another country from here and is being outfitted for the second phase of this plan.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here is an English version of the article you linked above

Article

Twenty-six countries are now helping to hunt for the plane after satellite and military radar data projected two huge corridors through which it might have flown.

Satellite data suggests that the last "ping" was recieved from the flight somwhere close to the Maldives and the US naval base on Diego Garcia.

But the Maldives is not amongst the countries that Malaysian authorities had sought help from in its search for the missing jet. Malaysia has listed the countries that it had appealed for assistance: Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, China, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia and France.

and i found this one curious which is linked on the above page and was released on Sunday March 16

Maldives Excluded from search

Whilst the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 has provided local conspiracy buffs with ample opportunity to exercise their own theories about Maldives being a possible destination for the missing flight, the Malaysian transport ministry has excluded Maldives from their rescue operation.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join