It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in a Creator?, If so why do you believe in a Creator?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

No problems. I successfully defended my comprehension and you managed to avoid the question.

Win/Win.

Apologies to the OP.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Universal truths are normally simple.

People believe in a creator because it is easy and takes no effort. It is all laid out for you . No thinking required. Just believe, never ask.

The alternative is a lifetime of asking questions, all the time knowing you will die and never understand 1% of anything.

Most people flow like water down the easiest path.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

I believe in a Creator. However I also wanted more than to just believe. I wanted to KNOW the Creator. I wanted to get personal about it, as in, have a personal relationship with the one/s who I believed created me. At first I believed in an impersonal Creator, someone surely must have made it all - made me. Then through the Padgett Messages, Jesus introduced me to the notion of being able to relate personally to the Creator as My Heavenly Father, and that seemed very appealing. Also that I was a child of God. And Jesus said in the Messages, that how we can all get to know God personally is by longing to God - the Father - for His Divine Love. Which I did. And this made my whole experience with my Creator very personal, taking it out of my impersonal mind way of relating to God only through beliefs, into a very personal feelings way - feeling and KNOWING that God is my true Father, the Father of my soul.

And then it went further. As I longed for and received the Divine Love from my Father, another personality started to make Herself known to me - my Heavenly Mother. And as I embraced Her, it all then made sense. So God for me is now BOTH my Mother and Father - the Parents of my soul. So now I long to Them both for Their Divine Love. And I relate to Them both as separate individuals (personalities) who are of the one same soul - They being the ultimate SoulMates.

This is briefly how I long to Them for Their Love - the Divine Love.

I sit with my eyes closed and in a comfortable position, arms and legs where they feel the most comfortable. I sit slouched on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table (I used to do it all conscientiously, sitting in my straight-backed special ‘prayer chair’ with arms and legs uncrossed - I could never do it cross-legged on the floor). Then I reach out inwardly to the Mother and Father and ask Them to please fill my soul with Their Love; and at the same time as I’m saying the words to Them in my mind, I’m longing to Them from my heart to fill my soul with Their Love, yearning for Their Love, and craving to feel loved by Them.

And I also ask and long for Them to show me the truth of my feelings.
And to bring up all my repressed feelings so I can see what they are, express them, and seek their truth.
And I ask and long for Them to help me be true - to myself, to my feelings, and to Them.
And I ask and long for Them to help me connect truly with myself, my wife, nature, other people and Them - to be able to have true relationships.
And if there is anything specific I’m working on within myself, I long to Them to help me see it more clearly through my feelings.

That’s pretty much my list, which I move through as I feel and in no set order. And I just do as I feel not longing and asking necessarily for all those things each time I pray.

And I pray for the Divine Love when I feel like it, perhaps once or twice a day, perhaps for a few days in row, perhaps not for a few days. I’ve even gone weeks and months not having a specific meditation and prayer for the Love, just longing periodically on the go. However every day I long for the truth of the feelings I’m feeling, often longing many times a day.

So you might like to give it a go: long for the Divine Love and see what happens. And you don't have to start off believing God is your Father and Mother. Just long to God however you relate to God, so as your Creator.

And if you'd like further information about looking to connect personally with God, coming out of the mind and into the heart and your feelings… problems concerning longing for Divine Love

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

If you do not seek the source behind religion then you will not find the source of religion. And I am not talking about faith but I am talking about spiritual experience thru tools like meditation where you get to know the source of religions. To test yourself what is without preconceived notions of "what is".

One could take your quote here and realise that the source of religion came from the minds of men.

Certain substances have told me personally that the brain is a much more amazing thing than most people can't even begin to realise. Most people have no clue the power they can witness to it.

But how much of that transends ones own mind?

I-doh-no?!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

tsingtao

Toadmund
reply to post by LittleByLittle

You are assuming there is a god, of which proof is sorely lacking.
We have free will because most likely there is no God to stop us doing as we will.

'God gave us free will' , just another excuse for make believe reality.

sounds like YOU assume that because you have free will there is no God and IF there was, everything would be hunky-dory all day long.

my coffee cup doesn't have free will, it does what i tell it. in the morning you hold coffee, at night maybe a beer.

do people expect to be coffee cups if there was a god, in their minds?
who wants to be a coffee cup?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I believe in a Creator and I think the best evidence of a Creator is us. We're the Creator having local experiences. This is what we do, we Create.

Also, the question who Created the Creator is a silly one. In order to ask this question you first have to define a creator that's bound by the laws of physics we experience in a 3 dimensional universe. Why would a Creator that I believe in need to be created?

So when an atheist asks me this question, I simply ask how do they define Creator? If they don't believe in a Creator then how are they defining the term Creator in the question that they're asking?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Toadmund

One could take your quote here and realise that the source of religion came from the minds of men.

Certain substances have told me personally that the brain is a much more amazing thing than most people can't even begin to realise. Most people have no clue the power they can witness to it.

But how much of that transends ones own mind?

I-doh-no?!

The brain is really cool in many ways. Especially the hidden things that most humans do not have a clue the consciousness/biological machine can do. Very few people are pushing the limit of what a consciousness/human biological machine can do from my point of view and I know I am myself not doing it. Funny that the people in insane asylum who say they have a radio transmitter in their brain are in fact more right than the people who do not believe it. But then they have not experienced telepathy (synchronicity where 2 minds are temporary connected by entanglement).

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

No, that's not a straw man. Tsingtao raises an excellent point. From the way I've heard it, a teacup is actually the kindest label I can think of for the way we'd exist. If the teacup doesn't appeal to his decorative tastes or isn't the right size or maybe spills some tea on him one day, he discards it. It is no longer a teacup, in his eyes. It is garbage. And if we are not his, we are worse than refuse. We are the stinking waste of his exquisite universe. Or something like that. I once described the basic nature of free will in the presence of a divine creator. There is none. The creator cannot be all-powerful and all-knowing and still not be responsible for literally ever moment and every inch of existence from one end to the other. And we're assuming those are prerequisites of being a creator, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

No, that's not a straw man. Tsingtao raises an excellent point. From the way I've heard it, a teacup is actually the kindest label I can think of for the way we'd exist. If the teacup doesn't appeal to his decorative tastes or isn't the right size or maybe spills some tea on him one day, he discards it. It is no longer a teacup, in his eyes. It is garbage. And if we are not his, we are worse than refuse. We are the stinking waste of his exquisite universe. Or something like that. I once described the basic nature of free will in the presence of a divine creator. There is none. The creator cannot be all-powerful and all-knowing and still not be responsible for literally ever moment and every inch of existence from one end to the other. And we're assuming those are prerequisites of being a creator, right?

Maybe not. Maybe you are dealing with an idealistic gambler who in spite of Einstein's statement that "God does not play dice with the universe", does indeed like to play dice, not so much with the universe itself, but with his chosen beings - A master genealogist who throws out a vast array of genes to find combinations that please his idealism - A Creator who is also the king of gamblers. A so-called 'intelligent designer' who wants intelligence to set the odds; As Bob Dylan once said in his folk song 'The Times They are a 'Changing', 'the wheels still in spin and there is no telling who that its naming'.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Because I'm here.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

jazz10
Because I'm here.

No you are not. You may have been here but here has passed and you are no longer here. And in fact there are some who may dispute whether you were here in the first place. This may also go for the concept of a creator - who may have been here and may not be here as of now - and may or may not reappear. Accept creation as an ongoing process and you will have less of a problem.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Toadmund

tsingtao

Toadmund
reply to post by LittleByLittle

You are assuming there is a god, of which proof is sorely lacking.
We have free will because most likely there is no God to stop us doing as we will.

'God gave us free will' , just another excuse for make believe reality.

sounds like YOU assume that because you have free will there is no God and IF there was, everything would be hunky-dory all day long.

my coffee cup doesn't have free will, it does what i tell it. in the morning you hold coffee, at night maybe a beer.

do people expect to be coffee cups if there was a god, in their minds?
who wants to be a coffee cup?

cute.

what does that mean?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

hey, thanks. God made you, didn't He? at least every ancestor that you know of. right?

how do you separate yourself from God? 'd like to know.

you/we are a broken vessel. that's the point.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

neoholographic
I believe in a Creator and I think the best evidence of a Creator is us. We're the Creator having local experiences. This is what we do, we Create.

Also, the question who Created the Creator is a silly one. In order to ask this question you first have to define a creator that's bound by the laws of physics we experience in a 3 dimensional universe. Why would a Creator that I believe in need to be created?

So when an atheist asks me this question, I simply ask how do they define Creator? If they don't believe in a Creator then how are they defining the term Creator in the question that they're asking?

dude, forget it.

wait till the aliens show up and say there is a God. how many heads will explode?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

thedeadtruth
Universal truths are normally simple.

People believe in a creator because it is easy and takes no effort. It is all laid out for you . No thinking required. Just believe, never ask.

The alternative is a lifetime of asking questions, all the time knowing you will die and never understand 1% of anything.

Most people flow like water down the easiest path.

u mean like happenstance?

yeah, we were just pooped out of a volcano.

a lifetime of asking questions? what's that? 10 yrs?
don't tell me you are still asking questions after 50yrs!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
here, enjoy your world.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

hey, thanks. God made you, didn't He? at least every ancestor that you know of. right?

Not that has been demonstrated to me, no.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join