It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in a Creator?, If so why do you believe in a Creator?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Do you believe in a Creator?, If so why do you believe in a Creator?

Personal experience with the metaphysical.
One personal experience with God the Father Himself.
Also One personal experience with the Holy Spirit.
(no personal experience with Jesus ... yet)
There is a God. He created us. He probably used evolution to do so. IMHO

edit on 3/18/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

And these apparitions laid down all the facts for you?
'We are them, those for whomst thou seeketh'

So, you are saying that the 'great god, yahweh, God the Father Himself, master of the whole Universe visited YOU and laid down the facts, just for you?

Hallefreakinlujah!

I have seen a ghost and have heard ghosts, proof of LAD?
NO, just proof that something weird happened that I cannot explain.

PS, did the master of the Universe mention anything about solving world hunger and eliminating evil?
(never mind, it's YahWeh of the OT we are talking about here)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Agartha

I do like the evolution theory but there are some questions there that nobody can answer, not even the best scientists, for example: how did 4 chromosomes (in apes) fuse to become 2 (us)? ( leaving them with 48 chromosomes and us with 46).

We did not come from apes, we branched off from a common ancestor and evolved seperately from there.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Only when we are allowed to have a glimpse.

Allowed by what?

In one case, another person (whom I overheard) was describing exactly what I saw. Apparently its a local famous ghost people been seeing for a hundred years. They all report seeing the same thing. Up until that moment I thought what I saw was a real person. Didn't ask to see it, wasn't looking for it, didn't know about the reports. Only found out later… "what you saw was a ghost".

That doesn't answer my question.

There is no litmus test for the fourth dimension or what you call it. If there was, doubters would still doubt.

They test you.

No one doubts gravity, and if they do, they have or will undoubtedly pay for it if someone doesn't stop them.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

CJCrawley
I believe there is a creator and there is very good evidence for this.

The universe is fine-tuned.

There are 20-something fundamental constants that have to be set at the values they are or life couldn't exist.

There's some wriggle-room, but not much. About 1% for a lot of them (ie if they were more than 1% different, life couldn't exist).

Ahhh, geeeezzz!
(facepalm)
Not this fine tuned crap, therefore twas created.
No, the inhabitants of the Universe conformed to the Universe, the Universe was not made to conform to life, in fact, most of the Universe is not life friendly at all. Pretty poor planning if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Toadmund

CJCrawley
I believe there is a creator and there is very good evidence for this.

The universe is fine-tuned.

There are 20-something fundamental constants that have to be set at the values they are or life couldn't exist.

There's some wriggle-room, but not much. About 1% for a lot of them (ie if they were more than 1% different, life couldn't exist).

Ahhh, geeeezzz!
(facepalm)
Not this fine tuned crap, therefore twas created.
No, the inhabitants of the Universe conformed to the Universe, the Universe was not made to conform to life, in fact, most of the Universe is not life friendly at all. Pretty poor planning if you ask me.

It was even funnier when a thread titled "God, yay or nay?" was made and everyone started chiming in with custom orders describing the god they wanted. The OP had to remind them that it wasn't Taco Bell and the answer was a simple yes or no. I was immensely amused - I mean, the responses were hugely telling. Isn't it interesting how no one ever believes in a god they don't like? Or how every god always agrees with its followers? Kinda curious, that. It suggests a strange influence that transcends an objective relationship between two distinct entities and crosses into the land of author and character.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Or at least that is the way I think about it. It might not be so since I have no good sensors to examine it.

I think your sensors are working fine (or better than most).

Your impressions are felt. Interesting…

mine were visual.

I seem to have a lower ability for visualization and have only very seldom been able to get a chakra color even if I can feel things in the nerve cells very strongly. When I compare myself to a few friends who do Reiki they seem to be more visually and empathic inclined than me while I think I am purposely making sure I am not reading others.

You always want the ability that could answer more questions that you do not have, do you not?

Are the things you have seen in 3D or something else?
edit on 18-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Besides 2D flatlanders theres another kind of society. They are still stuck in the middle ages. The "flat earth society".

Don't sail too far, you'll fall off the earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

the inhabitants of the Universe conformed to the Universe, the Universe was not made to conform to life

You either didn't read the whole post or you didn't understand it.

Life couldn't EXIST if the values for the constants were set slightly differently.

I guess you didn't understand, never mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Toadmund

PS, did the master of the Universe mention anything about solving world hunger and eliminating evil?
(never mind, it's YahWeh of the OT we are talking about here)

You just cannot win with human kind can you? God intervene and humanity is pissed of that they are not allowed free will and that god pushes humanity to hard to evolve. Free will is allowed and humanity get pissed that god do not intervene except on personal level for people who are ready to receive.

Bah. Screwed if you do and screwed if you don't. Poor god.

Humanity have already gotten everything they need to fix everything. Humanity just refuse to implement it and choose other paths instead.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The nature of humans is that they create stuff. They think a thought. They do a thing. And then something comes into being. Humans are creative beings. "As in the micro, so in the macro, as below, so above". It quite naturally follows that everything that has come into being has some kind of creative source.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
10 Reasons for Man to Leave Religion Behind - Listverse

Mar 23, 2013 ... It is not our purpose to belittle the beliefs of others, nor to declare any one point of view on such a dense and divisive topic as religion to be the ...

listverse.com

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Are the things you have seen in 3D or something else?

Three times I have seen spirits that were so "flesh and blood" I thought they were real people. Only later did I discover that what I witnessed was an "apparition".

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Specimen
In some views of scientists, there never was a beginning of time and space. It is, as it always was, and will be.

Then how did we get to this point in time? If it goes back infinitely we would never have got to now.

Maybe time is not a real thing outside of our brains, just something peculiar to human beings, after all animals seem to live in the here and now rather than a time stream. So let's discount the existence of time, lets talk about it terms of electron vibrations around the nucleus of an atom. For example, on average it takes, say 10 to the 1000 to the 1000 to the 1000 etc. movements of an electron around a nuclei before it bumps in to another atom with enough force to fuse together and create a different kind of atom which will eventually fuse together with another atom etc, etc. and create the 17 elements that we need for our bodies to work. If this process had been going on always then it would be at its end point already/always.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

CJCrawley

the inhabitants of the Universe conformed to the Universe, the Universe was not made to conform to life

You either didn't read the whole post or you didn't understand it.

Life couldn't EXIST if the values for the constants were set slightly differently.

I guess you didn't understand, never mind.

I completely understand, if the values were slightly different, life somewhere would adapt to those differences.

Life is an amazing thing.

Just like life found a niche in the way the Universe is now, how do you know if the Universe IS in tune right now, if it was, shouldn't their be life in abundance on Mars, or the moon?

How 'in tune' are they?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm a Deist. Something created us, but it's hands-off.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You are assuming there is a god, of which proof is sorely lacking.
We have free will because most likely there is no God to stop us doing as we will.

'God gave us free will' , just another excuse for make believe reality.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

if the values were slightly different, life somewhere would adapt to those differences.

No it wouldn't.

The values for the constants are absolutely vital for life to exist.

Ask any scientist - they all, to a man, agree, even atheists.

That's why some have come up with the multiverse theory.

The idea being that our universe - being merely one of an infinite number of universes - is nothing special and that, from the law of averages, the fine-tuning for life would eventually occur in one universe, given time (which is infinite).

That way, you don't have to acknowledge the existence of a Fine-Tuner.

So, essentially, it's a cop out.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Toadmund

You are assuming there is a god, of which proof is sorely lacking.
We have free will because most likely there is no God to stop us doing as we will.

'God gave us free will' , just another excuse for make believe reality.

If you do not seek the source behind religion then you will not find the source of religion. And I am not talking about faith but I am talking about spiritual experience thru tools like meditation where you get to know the source of religions. To test yourself what is without preconceived notions of "what is".

Having faith in god is for the religious, having experiences that changes your view is for the spiritual seeker. The religious mostly finds their own ego pre programmed view. The spiritual seekers changes their view with what they find and get more questions to figure out when going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole.

You should notice that intrptr and I am talking about experiences and trying to understand what they mean with an open mind not a closed boxed mentality like science or specific religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Are you a believer in the Christian God?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If you look in time, then there is a creator from which everythng is made.

from eternity's point of view,where everything is now, it must not be so.

there is only 1 god.

i dont believe in creator. because the world was not made by god.

the world you see is made by the ego of son of god,which made him believe that he has sinned(he has ofc not sinned), as hiding place.

God has only 1 son, and it is a sum of all souls.

why do i do not believe in creator is:
the belief in something gives this something the power. (you surely can understand or imagine what the power of son of god can do. the power which is almost the same as god's power)

this created world, which was made by the ego, was not made with love, and so you see misery and other things.
when you believe in god, which Is pure love, then the world will change.

if you ask,Why is god not doing anything about this misery:look god gave you everything including your free will.
Your ego is trying to survive, and its doing everything to raise the guilt in you and its trying to keep your belief, so with this he is taking your power.
guilt is made by judgement. but to withdraw the belief in ego, you should sto judging and judge the ego.

and as long as you believe in ego you are like a barking dog. so as long as you bark, you are affraid. but god can only answer with love. so show love to god to be helped by god.

thats my part of the belief, ofc there is more.

edit on 18/3/2014 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join