It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in a Creator?, If so why do you believe in a Creator?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by AlienView

I believe that at some point in our past something or some group probably did indeed tamper with our genetic makeup and somehow imprint sentience. So my answer has to be yes i do believe in a creator or creators but not in the standard Judeo Christian sense or any other man made organised religion for that matter.

Ah by you words I am thinking you mean the Sumerian Anunnaki gold digging theory?
. I think that is a very plausible explanation for some things that current science theory seem to be very bad at answering.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Seems like there's always one of two ideas bouncing around - either the entire universe revolves around one identity, or the entire universe is devoid of identity. One idea defines the universe, or there is no definition to the universe.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Krahzeef_Ukhar

I would put as much faith in a vegetable's concept of a gardener as I would a human's concept of a creator.

It doesn't really matter what we and the vegetables think "real" is.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

intrptr

I would put as much faith in a vegetable's concept of a gardener as I would a human's concept of a creator.

What is "real"? what other things you have beside this "real" to compare it with?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Are you implying we designed vegetables? Or are you implying that we are like vegetables, and that someone is cultivating us for consumption? In the end, the statement is vacuous.

More "along the lines" of, the vegetables argue about whether it or its seed came first; whether or not anyone "planted them" or if they just grew out of nothing. They can't see the gardeners all around them and yet they argue whether the "gardeners" exist or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, I suppose if you wanted to compare their quandary to ours, you'd have to explain what our equivalent is supposed to be.

That from our perspective we don't have the "eyes" to see the next dimension…

It s all around us and we are oblivious: like vegetables and 2D people are of the "wider" world around them.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

intrptr

Exactly, neither of us can be sure either way.
Anyone who who claims they know are either idiots or liars.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

What is "real"? what other things you have beside this "real" to compare it with?

Ahhh, so now you want proof? I am incapable of that, I am as merely human as you are.

You can't get there from here. We're both going to have to wait. Look me up though when we shed this husk and we'll laugh about vegetables and gardeners.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So how do you "know" that?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Personal Observation:

For me, it is not a matter of "believing". I have seen the spirit world and it is as real as you all are. How do I know you are real anyway? All I have is typed words on a screen?

I know…

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You mean the one where we are essentially designed to mine monatomic Gold for our Annunaki overlords from Nibiru. Zecharia Sitchin sure was a good storyteller but his translations seem to suit his own agenda somewhat.

Then again as much chance of that being as close to the truth as say the Torah, Koran, of Christian bible.

I think however we can all agree given the physical evidence there most certainly was some kind of advanced Human antediluvian culture.

en.wikipedia.org... Antikythera mechanism

en.wikipedia.org... Baghdad Battery

www.consciousape.com... Real Age of the Sphinx

en.wikipedia.org... Göbekli Tepe
edit on 18-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Krahzeef_Ukhar

intrptr

This is just your own view, because it is you who doesn't know yet.

Some people do know, and they have the perception and the aptitude to understand it.

This naturally makes people angry, so they say these people that can perceive these things are idiots or liars.. Is that a more honest way to describe it?

And I didn't say it was me that knows. It might be, or it might not, but just because you might not see a way for anyone else to know, does not mean that they cannot know.. See the point?
That's why people really argue because when they can't fathom something, they assume no one else on the planet can either. And one someone says "yes I can" people get pissed.. Because it isn't fair, right? Life isn't fair.. Better to just work with what we have and be happy we have anything.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I believe there is a creator and there is very good evidence for this.

The universe is fine-tuned.

There are 20-something fundamental constants that have to be set at the values they are or life couldn't exist.

There's some wriggle-room, but not much. About 1% for a lot of them (ie if they were more than 1% different, life couldn't exist).

But there's one constant - the cosmological constant - that is so fine-tuned it boggles the mind.

It is tuned to one part in 10 to the power 120.

That's 120 zeros, or one part in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion.

If the value was stronger or weaker than this, life couldn't exist in our universe.

Atheist physicists have got round this by inventing the multiverse theory (ie there are an infinite number of universes in which the fundamental constants have different values. In our universe, they just happen to be set at the right values for life to evolve).

The theory is both unverifiable and unfalsifiable.

Some people might say that's cheating.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

intrptr

Well, I suppose if you wanted to compare their quandary to ours, you'd have to explain what our equivalent is supposed to be.

It s all around us and we are oblivious: like vegetables and 2D people are of the "wider" world around them.

Kinda spot on to some things I am sometimes very annoyed of not knowing and the limitation to our 3D eyes. Feeling energy that I cannot see or know the shape of except by the imprint it makes on the bodies nerve system as it is projected to 3D and clearly the energy cannot be stopped even if you put a 3D object in the way (like a wall).

Or at least that is the way I think about it. It might not be so since I have no good sensors to examine it.
edit on 18-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Krahzeef_Ukhar

intrptr

Or know all that is. Personally the more I scratch the more questions I get.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In some views of scientists, there never was a beginning of time and space. It is, as it always was, and will be.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Or at least that is the way I think about it. It might not be so since I have no good sensors to examine it.

I think your sensors are working fine (or better than most).

Your impressions are felt. Interesting…

mine were visual.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

intrptr

And you do have the eyes to see it? How do you know what you're looking at? Have you tested it?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And you do have the eyes to see it?

Only when we are allowed to have a glimpse.

How do you know what you're looking at?

In one case, another person (whom I overheard) was describing exactly what I saw. Apparently its a local famous ghost people been seeing for a hundred years. They all report seeing the same thing. Up until that moment I thought what I saw was a real person. Didn't ask to see it, wasn't looking for it, didn't know about the reports. Only found out later… "what you saw was a ghost".

Have you tested it?

There is no litmus test for the fourth dimension or what you call it. If there was, doubters would still doubt.

They test you.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Textreply to post by AlienView

I agree that a creation as one member wrote has a creator....watching the news as i did last night they were talking about the piece of the jigsaw from the big bang that will eventually help man understand just that wee bit more than he does now.....and thats great, anyway they say the big bang happened with a single atom etc.......ok heres the point.
The basic of math is that something into nothing dosnt go.....thats what i was taught at school some 40 years ago......seems longer.....hm sigh.....my thoughts used to be that time held everything together,time for me isnt a mathematical property or value , i cant quite seem to pick a word that suits best......so if you can tell me one id be much appreciated !
Do you see where im coming from here ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join