It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Wall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
with all the recent turmoil over malaysian planes and russians expanding their borders, is it time for britain to protect its interests and build a wall around the country? such an endeavour would increase the economy by the jobs this will create thus boosting the economy.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
We have a 30 mile moat

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
and for synchronicity's sake, you'll notice that the time of my first post is a palindrome. uncanny, eh?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

people have boats and planes.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I agree...Nothing in, nothing out! Up with the bloody wall! Sanctions on all who oppose! Jobs, jobs, jobs!
It's got a certain ring to it for sure. "Down with bloody Wilson" Maybe a dome. It has been decided by the council of elders, walls are simply of no value anymore as they have holes on top even though they otherwise guard their enclosed ground perfectly. Domes, impenetrable domes are the next wave.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't get it? What would the wall do, Other than create jobs to build it?....I have a feeling some bad terrorist types have already moved into the cities. So you wouldn't be keeping them out, they are already there.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Meldionne1
I don't get it? What would the wall do, Other than create jobs to build it?....I have a feeling some bad terrorist types have already moved into the cities. So you wouldn't be keeping them out, they are already there.

then by the same logic they are imprisoned. the wall works both ways! that's the genius of it.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

i was waiting for someone to suggest a dome!
good thinking. this will surely push us into the front of being a top futuristic society. and the country is small enough to make this dome feasible, unlike somewhere like china or australia, or even france!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

taoistguy

Meldionne1

then by the same logic they are imprisoned. the wall works both ways! that's the genius of it.

It's not a prison if they can leave any time they want. It would be called a fortress. Wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Meldionne1

taoistguy

Meldionne1

It's not a prison if they can leave any time they want. It would be called a fortress. Wouldn't it?

there is a wall around the country remember. there would be secure checkpoints at the gates\entrances.
no, a fortress does not have a dome.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just blow up the Chunnel and you will be fine.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't think a wall is necessary being that you're on an island and all.

(post by 999zxcv removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

As an epileptic...

Very rude

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

rockintitz
reply to post by 999zxcv

As an epileptic...

Very rude

i will punish myself very hard later
have a spare pare of shades

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yes, that would be great, a wall around Great Britain. Majestically overviewing the cliffs of Dover, following every curve of every fjord (are they called fjords in Scotland, too?), every firth (I guess it's called).

What a.. nonfunctional idea, to say it politely.

BTW: Have you heard of ladders?

The only result of the Chinese Great Wall was to keep the peasants inside - do you really believe that Attila the Hun, after having ridden (spelling?) a thousand miles on dusty soil, would have stopped and turned away just because there was a 8m high wall, patrolled by about 2 soldiers per mile?
Or would he have looked out for the next source of wood (a tree, for example) and built a hundredthousand ladders to climb over and attack the portals?.. Maaaaaybe?

Really, a wall around GB is about a thousand years late.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

Well at least you half-apologized.
Still, very uncalled for in a hopefully sarcastic thread

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

rockintitz
reply to post by 999zxcv

Well at least you half-apologized.
Still, very uncalled for in a hopefully sarcastic thread

some of my family were forced to build a dyke [wall ] around the north of scotland in the highland clearances for a few pennies PER MILE 6foot of that dyke is 1 ton of stone and it goes on for mile after mile .

you can still see the names on the windows of the church of those who had nowhere to go and it is a big draw for tourist's from the states who are looking up relatives who survived the trip

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Building a wall or dome around this country will solve nothing, because we are at more threat from our own government in these times, than we ever are from outside forces. Now, parliament... That bunch of losers might be worth burying in wet concrete, as would all those Whitehall idiots. However, the land itself is naturally defended, and would not be so difficult to protect if the suits were not spending all our tax money on spuriously priced white elephant projects.

The first thing we ought to do is have every house, currently in a flood plain, re built on pontoons so that they rise and fall with the water level. That is the major project that needs addressing fastest, otherwise we will be skint as a nation again, from all the insurance payouts!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by Biigs

people have boats and planes.

Fat lot of good a wall will do then right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join