It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Should America Do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

smithjustinb

Sanctions aren't enough. Russia has their own sanctions too. They are unaffected by our retaliation. I think we need to send them a stronger message. I think we need to do what they are doing. I think we need to occupy a Russian allied country, take all their oil, and transform their government into one led by the people of that area. I dont know exactly which country would fit this description, but I think thats what we need to do to get back on top where we belong as the greatest nation on earth.

My morning coffee is now all over my monitor, propelled from my mouth at a serious speed.
You are trolling right? If not then you really need to wake up and see that war is not the answer to anything, except maybe to line the pockets of the politicians and their friendly contractor friends.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I'm american - don't you think that the american elite politicians have been infiltrating and creating chaos in all of the countries that don't live under the IMF and central banks of britain?

Libya, Egypt, Syria come to mind. Venzelua and Cuba are on the horizon, too.

The american/british traitor gov't/CIA/banksters are alqueda - or alciada.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Why does it all lead to "War" ?.
War, War, War.

You'd think we'd learn.......

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

dreamingawake
Play right into what is wanted? From any side? Here are two examples,

“I am afraid that I am interested in a cold war with the West,” said Mr. Prokhanov, 76, in a lull between interviews on state-controlled television and radio. “I was very patient. I waited for 20 years. I did everything I could so that this war would begin. I worked day and night.”
Source

Russian Writer (ex Pravda) Alexander Andreyevich Prokhanov

“Ukraine, a new and important space on the Eurasian chessboard, is a geopolitical pivot because its very existence as an independent country helps to transform Russia. Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be a Eurasian empire.” — Zbigniew Brzezinski

continued...

"However, if Moscow regains control over Ukraine, with its 52 million people and major resources as well as access to the Black Sea, Russia automatically again regains the wherewithal to become a powerful imperial state, spanning Europe and Asia."

Brzezinski source

Zbigniew Brzezinski US politician( political scientist, geostrategist)

edit on 18-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: ETA

Don't forget traitor, he does play all sides just like kissinger.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

smithjustinb
Hello everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to ask what you think America should do in response to the recent actions of Russia in the Ukraine.

Nothing. You have already propped up a nazi government in Ukraine. Isn't it enough of your deeds there?

smithjustinb
This greatest country in the world, America seems to be losing its strength and fading out. Personally, I think we still can come back. What I think we need right now is patriotism and balls. The idea of going to war with Russia is a scary one. But I would rather fight a losing battle than to slowly fade away without doing anything. And I dont think war with Russia would necessarily be a losing battle.

You are losing you strenght and honour because of the blood you spill in numerous countries in unjustified wars run under false pretense. Look at the suicide rate in your military. This is beyond imaginable, a great tragedy for your nation!

smithjustinb
Sanctions aren't enough. Russia has their own sanctions too. They are unaffected by our retaliation. I think we need to send them a stronger message. I think we need to do what they are doing. I think we need to occupy a Russian allied country, take all their oil, and transform their government into one led by the people of that area. I dont know exactly which country would fit this description, but I think thats what we need to do to get back on top where we belong as the greatest nation on earth.

Ukraine fits the description perfectly, and you did it already.
So if you want to send a message, wright a letter next time.

I advise you to take a break from TV for a couple of weeks (no offense).

edit on 18-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
America should say sorry and do its homework. Jumping in on big complex issues due to some personality clashes and without a full understanding of the implications is just not working.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Austria welcomed Germany with open arms at the beginning of WW2. Although I think Putin is far from firing the ovens and turning on the showers. I see many parallels between what is going on now and how WW2 started. Other nations are going to look at how America responds to the Ukraine and think they can do the same. What's stopping China from staking their claim on whatever country they want? This might just be the start of something bigger to come. Didn't Japan attack Pearl Harbor because of embargo's we placed on them? How is Russia going to respond to sanctions if they get squeezed enough? Putin is a dead eyed killer and I don't underestimate his ability to retaliate.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

wantsome
Other nations are going to look at how America responds to the Ukraine and think they can do the same.

Exactly.
Other nations are going to look at how the world responds to Iraq, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen... and think they can do the same.

Again, international laws either apply to all, or to none.
edit on 18-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

ColCurious

wantsome
Other nations are going to look at how America responds to the Ukraine and think they can do the same.

Exactly.
Other nations are going to look at how the world responds to Iraq, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen... and think they can do the same.

Again, international laws either apply to all, or to none.
edit on 18-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)
I could argue as to why the US did what it did in each country on the list except I don't have all day. I'll just use one seriously Yugoslavia? or do you mean Bosnia? The Serbs were committing genocide. The UN sent in peace keepers and set up safe zones that Serbs were attacking. The US bombed targets that were controlled by Serbs. 20 other nations were involved in the peace keeping process.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

smithjustinb
This greatest country in the world, America seems to be losing its strength and fading out.

Typical American, Openly bag their country and the government, yet say they are the best. Why should you dictate other countries when you can't even run your own. One word MURICA

You have crazy people shooting up schools and killing kids every other day and then there is this big debate over guns and nothing is done and then it happens all over again, making up laws so people can actually HIDE their guns."we need to protect ourselves" how about you don't give the crazy people guns. One county in Iowa has issued gun permits to people whose visual impairments mean they can't legally drive. Wait, WHAT. Americans are more concerned with solving the crime then preventing it!.

As the great American poet Eminem once said "This whole world is a mess, gotta have a goddamn
Vest on your chest and a Glock just to go watch Batman"

And he is right, why should i NEED to protect myself when watching batman, or at school

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I dont get why anyone cares about Ukraine to begin with, not to be a jerk, but its nowhere near america so I could care less. noone I know who is american cares about the ukraine either. I dont get how "Ukraine" became a thing to America. That does sound kinda jerky, but seriously I could care less, and pretty much they could fire nukes and I still wouldnt care.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think that America should destroy Washington.....

it would show the rest of the world that you can look after your own...

just my opinion...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Yes, I meant the "humanitarian military engagements" of NATO (not only US) in the Kosovo war, against the former sovereign Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, which in fact had no UN mandate at the time.
Strictly de jure, NATO violated international law.
Now don't get me wrong here! I'm not saying anything about whether those "humanitarian military engagements" were morally right or wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

In 1971 Bangladesh broke away from Pakistan to form a new country.
The United States has accepted the separate existence of Bangladesh.
That sort of thing happens.

In this case, the U.S. ought to accept that the Russian re-occupation of Crimea is not only a fait accompli, but probably the most equitable solution.
Certainly not go to war to drive them out again.
Your policy needs to be more pragmatic, and less focussed on unattainable ideals.
Kerry needs to start working behind the scenes for a negotiated compromise, which accepts the loss of Crimea and salvages the independence of the rest of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The United States is obliged to protect Ukraine's sovereignty by the Budapest Memorandum. If it ignores this promise other nations will not want to surrender their nuclear arsenals if they have them, and will be spurred to develop them if they do not have them already. Because George W. Bush abused the military as a tool of foreign policy, it will be very difficult to get the American public convinced that war is necessary. It may require a dramatic act on Russia's part: shooting down a commercial jet or sinking a passenger ship. Once the public anger is stoked, an immediate blockade of the Crimean Peninsula is in order. The US and Royal navies can prevent any shipping from reaching Sebastopol, and the Ukrainian National Guard can destroy railway lines and mine roads leading to it. After a few days, people would get hungry and start to change their minds about being part of Mother Russia. Ideally, this can be done without bloodshed.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
What should America do indeed.

I have a few ideas. You can start by removing your bases and listening posts and nuclear weapons from my country.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I think we need to do what they are doing. I think we need to occupy a Russian allied country, take all their oil, and transform their government into one led by the people of that area. I dont know exactly which country would fit this description, but I think thats what we need to do to get back on top where we belong as the greatest nation on earth.

The greatest nation on earth, can anyone take any thing you say seriously on here, when you propose US invade an Russian allied nation because you are the greatest nation on earth. Your credibility just dropped further and to tell you the truth I just didn't think that was possible.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

It's too late, actually.

America signed a pact with the Ukraine that it would defend the Ukraine against enemy invasion if the Ukraine agreed to get rid of it's nukes and reduce their military.

America has failed.

What's done is done. We are no longer a super power. We are reducing our own military after a decade-long war. Our economy is a wreck. Unemployment is running at @ 20 -24%.
Our country is being fundamentally transformed.
Cowardice and corruption run rampant throughout our capitals. Our political leadership is a sham, a farce, a joke.

We, as the people, can only hope for the best and place the people of the Ukraine in our prayers.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's too late, actually.

America signed a pact with the Ukraine that it would defend the Ukraine against enemy invasion if the Ukraine agreed to get rid of it's nukes and reduce their military.

America has failed.

Quit indulging in defeatism. It is up to Congress to declare war, and in order for that to happen the electorate need to have the desire for it. It is only a matter of time before Putin slips up and harms American lives or property. Then, when the polls reach a certain percentage, the President can go to Congress and get a declaration of war.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by beezzer

It's too late, actually.

America has failed.

Quit indulging in defeatism. It is up to Congress to declare war, and in order for that to happen the electorate need to have the desire for it. It is only a matter of time before Putin slips up and harms American lives or property. Then, when the polls reach a certain percentage, the President can go to Congress and get a declaration of war.

That is not entirely true.

en.wikipedia.org...

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C. 1541-1548)[1] is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of Congress. The resolution was adopted in the form of a United States Congress joint resolution; this provides that the President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by declaration of war by Congress, "statutory authorization," or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding a presidential veto. It has been alleged that the War Powers Resolution has been violated in the past, for example, by President Clinton in 1999, during the bombing campaign in Kosovo. All incidents have had congressional disapproval, but none has resulted in any successful legal actions being taken against the president for alleged violations

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join