It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Malaysia Airlines Flight Had Alternative Co-ordinates Programmed Into It.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is breaking just now.

Fox News is reporting that the New York Times has reported that the missing Malaysia Airlines flight could have only flown off course through automatic measures ensured through programming, rather than actual human interference. Essentially, the U-turn which initially took the plane off course was programmed into the plane's flight path by someone.

Article courtesy of Zenlyfe:

WASHINGTON — The first turn to the west that diverted the missing Malaysia Airlines plane from its planned flight path from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing was carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems, according to senior American officials.

Instead of manually operating the plane’s controls, whoever altered Flight 370’s path typed seven or eight keystrokes into a computer on a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer, according to officials. The Flight Management System, as the computer is known, directs the plane from point to point specified in the flight plan submitted before each flight. It is not clear whether the plane’s path was reprogrammed before or after it took off.

The fact that the turn away from Beijing was programmed into the computer has reinforced the belief of investigators — first voiced by Malaysian officials — that the plane was deliberately diverted and that foul play was involved. It has also increased their focus on the plane’s captain and first officer.

www.nytimes.com...]http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/world/asia/malaysia-ai rlines-flight.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

More to come...
edit on 17-3-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is getting into Twilight Zone territory. My gosh...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

TiedDestructor
This is getting into Twilight Zone territory. My gosh...

With a lot of help from MSM.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

A link to the article would be helpful...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

combatmaster

A link to the article would be helpful...

I'm looking for it as we speak. This is breaking on Fox News...they just interviewed the NYT journalist who reported this revelation. Will update with an article once i find it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The MSM seems to be almostmore into the conspiracy angles on this one than ATS is.

If they can figure this out, it will be interesting to know where these coordinates and destination are.

Question is, how do they know?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here is the article: Change in Plane’s Path Was Entered via Computer
edit on 3/17/2014 by zenlyfe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Don't have the link, but it's the NYT. CNN just chimed in, too, a day late and a dollar short.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

TiedDestructor
www.nytimes.com...

... that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems, according to senior American officials.

More speculation.

This is merely describing how a course change would have had to have been accomplished.

Not news or any proof of this. But maybe a diversion from the theories that it was remote controlled? And I say this because they specifically say "in the plane's cockpit."
edit on 3/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I know where the aircraft is and why it was taken. I am going to update all information of why, when, how and who. The idea is greater then anyone have ever thought.

I am a government official; it is time that the majority understand of this case.

Respectively,

O7V

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Is it just me? I remember Sandy hook and all the bad reporting by the MSM, speculation and just jumping the gun perhaps in order to be the first to get the story out but....In the end it all seemed to be a confusing mess and just plain ripe to be torn to shreds by sites like ATS perhaps deliberately adding to the total confusion over what actually went down. I'm getting the same feeling about this missing flight! It could just be my perspective for sure but the info on this flight whether based on accurate reporting, speculative reporting or mass speculation from unqualified blog sites seems to be totally muddying the waters in this investigation. I just see, from where I'm sitting, that large stories seem to be smothered in a media (MSM or social) generated fog of mis and disinformation that obscures the goal of finding out what actually happened!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Thanks...

I gave you a S&F for being the first one on ATS to bring forth this new revelation!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

spartaocean

I know where the aircraft is and why it was taken. I am going to update all information of why, when, how and who. The idea is greater then anyone have ever thought.

I am a government official; it is time that the majority understand of this case.

Respectively,

O7V

Ok......

And going to provide something to back it up with, I hope?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Right now, journalism is a rabid free-for-all, with everyone angling for a Pulitzer. Yet no one knows a damn thing, as evidenced by obfuscated key words/phrases: "most likely," "someone," and "according to senior American officals."
This is crazier than Netflix's House of Cards.

The first turn to the west that diverted the missing Malaysia Airlines plane from its planned flight path from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing was carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems, according to senior American officials.

Source: www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe flight 370 was a test case for taking over a jet remotely or at least other means than manual control. Pre-programmed route changes. Pilots fighting against the computer system leads to these wild swings in altitude and direction. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

spartaocean

Respectively,

O7V

LOL....ok....I won't hold my breath as you are either full of it or dead by now.

So you're a government official and you're going to break the news on ATS? This should be good....looking forward to your story.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Sandcastler
Maybe flight 370 was a test case for taking over a jet remotely or at least other means than manual control. Pre-programmed route changes. Pilots fighting against the computer system leads to these wild swings in altitude and direction. Just a thought.

See below

Instead of manually operating the plane’s controls, whoever altered Flight 370’s path typed seven or eight keystrokes into a computer on a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer, according to officials. The Flight Management System, as the computer is known, directs the plane from point to point specified in the flight plan submitted before each flight. It is not clear whether the plane’s path was reprogrammed before or after it took off.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Everyone's focusing on the plane.. the people on the plane.. now the controls on the plane.

why are none of the governments mentioning the fact that his plane was taken over by someone on the GROUND!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
Everyone's focusing on the plane.. the people on the plane.. now the controls on the plane.

why are none of the governments mentioning the fact that his plane was taken over by someone on the GROUND!

Im assuming you can explain how this would be possible from a VERY technical standpoint? If possible then why is it just now being done to this one plane?

Do you seriously believe a plane can be taken over from someone on the ground? And I guess they had a boat following them in the water so they wouldn't lose contact?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join