I like this gal the more I see and hear her! I have posted this list and put my comments in bold on it, the link will go down so I have added it
just in case.
25) "The New York Times review blamed (Kitty) Kelley's gossip mongering on "a cultural climate in which gossip and innuendo thrive on the
Internet." Kelley has been writing these books for decades, so apparently, like the Texas Air National Guard, Kelley was on the Internet – and being
influenced by it – back in the '70s. As I remember it, for the past few years it has been the Internet that keeps dissecting and discrediting the
gossip and innuendo that the major media put out."
Internet in the 70's Kitty Kelly?
24) "Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack
and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy."
This one is TRUE, sad but indeed very true.
23) "The leaders of the modern Democratic Party, Hannity says, have made excuses for evil for so long that they cannot recognize evil anymore. The
closest thing to it in their vocabulary would be "someone who wears fur." And of course, they recognize evil in the person of "George W. Bush,"
whom they see as the very essence of evil. In fact, Bush may be the only force of evil in the world liberals haven't wanted to appease."
Ouch! Spot on!
22) "Reagan took an approach to the Cold War dramatically different from any other US President. To wit, he thought we should win. This was a fresh
concept. At the time, it was widely ridiculed as a dangerous alteration of US policy. Only after it worked was Reagan's dangerous foreign policy
recast as merely a continuation of the policies of his predecessors."
Yea I remember these days well, it was trying times but we had to stick to our guns, and it worked. Peace the Strength and Trust but Verify
21) "While the form of treachery varies slightly from case to case, liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American
Ouch again, not all the time , but the majority I would agree
20) "Even if corners were cut, (Iran-Contra) was a brilliant scheme. There is no possibility that anyone in any Democratic administration would have
gone to such lengths to fund anti-Communist forces. When Democrats scheme from the White House, it's to cover up the President's affair with an
intern. When Republicans scheme, it's to support embattled anti-Communist freedom fighters sold out by the Democrats."
Hey I thought I like her, I liked the Iran Contra deal
19) "Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said any assumption that the US would not use force against North Korea would be a mistake. Such
bellicosity frightens liberals. The left's reaction to nutty despots is: he might hit me, so I'll be nice. Rumsfeld's idea is: He'll hit me? Maybe
I'll hit him. The beauty of that approach cannot be denied."
hehe what can I say
18) "The reason any conservative's failing is always major news is that it allows liberals to engage in their very favorite taunt: Hypocrisy!
Hypocrisy is the only sin that really inflames them. Inasmuch as liberals have no morals, they can sit back and criticize other people for failing to
meet the standards that liberals simply renounce. It's an intriguing strategy. By openly admitting to being philanderers, draft dodgers, liars,
weasels and cowards, liberals avoid ever being hypocrites."
17) "For fifty years, America's foreign policy failures have not been problems of "national dialogue" or "preventative" action or the national
psyche. There is one simple problem: Democrats can't handle foreign policy. You could almost forgive the Democrats for their spectacular record of
failure in foreign policy. But then they have the audacity to cite their own derelict handling of the military to argue that it is always a fool's
errand to deploy troops in defense of the nation. Remember Vietnam!"
I would say only the last 40 years though
16) "(Sheryl) Crow explained that the 'best way to solve problems is to not have enemies.' War solves that problem too: We won't have any enemies
because we're going to kill them. Crow warned of 'huge karmic retributions that will follow.' She seemed not to understand that America going to
war is huge karmic retribution. They killed three thousand Americans and now they're going to die."
Well I guess that will get the Iraq had nothing to do with it crowd going
15) "Liberals said Reagan was dangerous and his rhetoric scary. They ridiculed him as an idiot for believing the Soviet Union could be toppled. They
opposed him on every front -- strengthening the military, aiding and arming anti-Communist rebels around the world, invading Grenada, preparing to win
a nuclear war, building a nuclear shield, and waging a spiritual crusade against Soviet totalitarianism. Reagan said the Soviet Union was an evil
empire and we would prevail. He called the ball, the shot, and the pocket, and he won the game. But now we're supposed to believe he was lucky.
Liberals lie about Reagan's victory because when Reagan won the Cold War, he proved them wrong on everything they had done and said throughout the
No doubt in my mind
14) "'Stupid' means one thing: "threatening to the interests of the Democratic Party." The more Conservative the Republican, the more vicious and
hysterical the attacks on his intelligence will be."
13) "(Mel) Gibson didn't insert Jews into ("The Passion of the Christ") for some Machiavellian, racist reason. Christ was a Jew crucified by
Romans at the request of other Jews in Jerusalem. I suppose if Gibson had moved the story to suburban Cleveland and portrayed Republican logging
executives crucifying Christ, the left would calm down. But it simply didn't happen that way."
Well she nailed that one!
12) "Democrats always assure us that deterrence will work, but when the time comes to deter, they're against it."
So true, but not all Democrats are that way...see ZMiller
11) "The Great Satan is wearying of this reverse hegemony, in which little pipsqueak nations try to impose their pipsqueak values on us. Aren't we
the ones who should be arrogantly oppressing countries that unaccountably do not have the death penalty?"
Well I am pro death penalty, but to each his own
10) "Looking at the line-up of speakers at the (Democratic National) Convention, I have developed the 7-11 challenge: I will quit making fun of, for
example, Dennis Kucinich, if he can prove he can run a 7-11 properly for 8 hours. We'll even let him have an hour or so of preparation before we open
up. Within 8 hours, the money will be gone, the store will be empty, and he'll be explaining how three 11-year olds came in and asked for the money
and he gave it to them."
hehe, she can be brutal cant she?
9) "Much of the left's hate speech bears greater similarity to a psychological disorder than to standard political discourse. The hatred is
blinding, producing logical contradictions that would be impossible to sustain were it not for the central element faith plays in the left's new
religion. The basic tenet of their faith is this: Maybe they were wrong on facts and policies, but they are good and conservatives are evil. You
almost want to give it to them. It's all they have left."
Well both sides do this to some degree
8) "No matter what the evidence, liberals insist that only their tender ministrations are capable of calming murderous dictators. Negotiation and
engagement are said to "work" because, after Democrats spend years dillydallying with lunatic despots who threaten America, eventually a Republican
president comes in and threatens aggressive military action. In a fascinating fifty-year pattern -- completely indiscernible to liberals -- murderous
despots succumb to "engagement" shortly after a Republican president threatens to bomb them. This allows liberals to hail years of impotent
negotiation and engagement as a foreign policy 'win'."
Oh my! Is that a good one! But probably not all true though
7) "Gore said foreigners are not worried about 'what the terrorist networks are going to do, but about what we're going to do.' Good. They should
be worried. They hate us? We hate them. Americans don't want to make Islamic fanatics love us. We want to make them die. There's nothing like
horrendous physical pain to quell anger. Japanese Kamikazes pilots hated us once, too. A couple of well-aimed nuclear weapons got their attention. Now
they are gentle little lambs."
ouch, she doesnt pull any punches does she?
6) "If it were true that conservatives were racist, sexist, homophobic, fascist, stupid, inflexible, angry, and self-righteous, shouldn't their
arguments be easy to deconstruct? Someone who is making a point out of anger, ideology, inflexibility, or resentment would presumably construct a
flimsy argument. So why can't the argument itself be dismembered rather than the speaker's personal style or hidden motives? Why the evasions?"
Well, she makes a good point
5) "Hearing politicians tell us "we" can't "afford" a tax cut is like listening to a glutton tell you he can't "afford" a diet. In no other
context do people talk about "paying for" money they don't have. I can't pay for your refusal to give me money because I need a yacht."
Well Tax cuts WORK! DOH
4) "Liberals hate religion because politics is a religion substitute for liberals and they can't stand the competition."
Ouch, not all democrats but very few republicans hold to this thought process.
3) "Not exactly smashing stereotypes of liberals as mincing pantywaists, the left's entire contribution to the war effort thus far has been to
2) "The common wisdom holds that "both parties" have to appeal to the extremes during the primary and then move to the center for the general
election. To the contrary, both parties run for office as conservatives. Once they have fooled the voters and are safely in office, Republicans
sometimes double-cross the voters. Democrats always do."
It was funny to see Kerry run for the middle after Dean then even further to the middle once Bush started
1) "In the corporeal world, international law is whatever the United States and Great Britain say it is."
This is just CHOICE!
Not my list , credit goes to.....
A great Site for information!
[edit on 24-11-2004 by edsinger]