It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaborative research question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've been meaning to ask this one for a while now.

I am aware of the research and collaborative writing forums where only invited members can post so that a thread can remain on topic without the usual colourful noise that makes up the usual threads here on ATS. However, I am interested in starting a research thread to investigate a silly theory of mine. It is the sort of topic that will attract more people who will attack it for the topic it is as it will people who are interested in going down the rabbit hole.

*edit* I should add that from what I understand of the current research thread, it looks like a place to post a formulated theory. I am talking about a place where we get those thoughts together here.

So, my great question is; is there a place on ATS where one can start a thread that members can only participate upon application to prove they have an interest in the subject being researched?

I am kind of thinking of an online notepad where invited members can post resouces and discuss information relevant to the topic without being drowned out by the silliness and attacks that distract from the topic at hand.

Thanks in advance for your answer and

edit on 17-3-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Good idea ...I am thinking you might want to suggest the subject and open it up to see who comes in with interest and ideas .You can ignore the silly stuff until you find the partner you would like to team up with ....good luck .

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I was thinking that there might be other people out there who also have subjects that they would like to research as well. The vision I have in my mind is one of those boards with all the crazy newpaper clippings and photos with the string interconnecting all the ideas lol.

I'm all for open forums but sometimes you have to wade through pages of irrelevant commentary to get to the next point of interest. That's where a invite only forum would be helpful in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

It sounds like scrap booking or something like that .I haven't been on the chat here but you might like to see if you can interest someone in there . Sounds like a cool project though ...best of luck

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I am developing a site just like this at the moment. Would welcome feedback on it if you feel like it. The demo is up and running so you can see whether it is the kind of thing you are thinking about. I dont want to appear spammy, however I will post the link since you asked. PM me if you need to ask me anything or use the 'Contact Us' tab on the website linked above.

top topics

join