It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-Pilot Spoke 'Last Words'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Ahmad Jauhari Yahy, chief executive of Malaysia Airlines, told a news conference on Monday that initial investigations had indicated that co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid had calmly said "all right, good night" shortly before the plane disappeared.outhern arc from its last known position.

Ahmad Jauhari Yahy, CEO of MAS, claims that the initial investigation has revealed that co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid had calmly said "all right, good night" shortly before the plane disappeared.

its not clear whether the last words came before or after one of the plane's tracking devices was switched off.

officials believe the communications systems were deliberately disabled.

Why did he say good night.. did he not expect to speak with ATC again rest of the flight?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

So what? So they believe if wasn't the pilot. Okay. He was saying good night to one control before being passed over to another. It was an overnight flight and they probably don't get real gabby most of the time on those. I don't see why this is a headline on Reuters. Which theory does this support exactly. Just another red herring.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
From what I have read, the typical verbage here would be "roger and out".

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

~Lucidity

So what? So they believe if wasn't the pilot. Okay. He was saying good night to one control before being passed over to another. It was an overnight flight and they probably don't get real gabby most of the time on those. I don't see why this is a headline on Reuters. Which theory does this support exactly. Just another red herring.

In a sea of Red Herrings.

It's getting beyond ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Let's ask the air controllers. I've sat in first class and heard pilots say, "Okay got it." and "Night night."

reply to post by whyamIhere

Yeah...that sea of red herrings is clearly interfering with search operations.

Also being discussed here: post by sy.gunson

edit on 3/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

thesmokingman

Actualy I dont think they EVER say that, but I could be wrong

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

~Lucidity

That is exactly right. They were being handed off from the Malaysian ATC frequency to the Vietnamese ATC frequency. At these junctures there is always some sort of "good bye" and it's never "roger & out" unless you're talking military in WW II or something.

The reason this may be important is that heretofore the scrutiny has been on the command pilot. He's the one who was said to be politically active and very upset that his favorite guy was sentenced to jail the day of the flight, a trial which the pilot attended. Somehow this is supposed to be relevant to disappearing a plane full of largely Chinese citizens.

SO, if the co-pilot was calm AFTER one of the systems had been shut off, then this would indicate BOTH of them were involved.

I know....it's pretty tenuous to second guess people who are second guessing....so FWIW

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The mainstream media keeps running stories about the pilots. First it was the "Playboy pilot" theory. Then it was the "political fanatic" theory. Now it's the "co-pilot" theory. But not once have I seen or heard the mainstream media in Australia make any mention of the 20 Defence company employees on bard, or the possible, plausible connection with those employees and what the company they worked for was involved in. Not one news outlet has done any serious investigation into the contradictions coming from many nations, yet is happy to spread rumours about rogue pilots.
I truly believe that this is the smoking gun to the whole story, and any talk of the pilots going rogue is just a distraction. Why would the media here make no mention of the 20 employees, yet constantly spread stories about the pilots ?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

VoidHawk

thesmokingman

Actualy I dont think they EVER say that, but I could be wrong

I think maybe they say it in the movies. This was a handoff from one controller to another. The most common acknowledgement is something informal, particularly in the middle of the night. You might read back (repeat) the new frequency but given the location they might have been leaving positive radar control and transitioning to position reporting.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

DarksideOz
20 Defence company employees on board.

I didn't know they were on board!!
That, and the BS about rogue pilots makes me wonder if someone has stolen those employee's?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

I agree, these guys are professionals -- but in the middle of the night I'm sure things get a little more relaxed. It also probably depends on the route and the controllers. I bet if a pilot flies the same route over and over at the same time they "sort of" get a feeling for the mood of the various towers.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Please add to the discussion already in progress here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join