It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which movie do you think is the best guess for our near future?.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Lysergic
my vote is Idiocracy

You know you want this chair.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

I know people say Idiocracy is a glimpse into our future, but I have yet to be convinced it isnt happening right now...

As such, I am not sure it is applicable to this thread.

As for the OP, I am going with a combination of 1984 with Idiocracy. I am aware I said the latter is not applicable to this thread, but I also said it is a glimpse into what is happening right now. Thus, under the guidelines of movies reflecting reality, I can make nothing other than idiotic statements as an idiot.

I also think the exact opposite is possible, but extremely unlikely. Not so sure a movie has even been made about such a thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Good idea for a thread mate.

Of the ones that haven't been mentioned what about "Children of Men". Set a generation from now. Humanity is infertile and facing extinction before the century ends.

I was always intrigued by the ideas in Strange Days as well from a couple of decades ago (although mini-disc died not long after it was made!)

Perhaps "They Live" , a world with no middle class and ruled by an elite who conceal their true motives and identity may appeal to others.

Although I'd prefer the more optimistic future that the Star Trek franchise has presented us with down the decades.
edit on 18/3/14 by mirageman because: mucking furds wuddled!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Idiocracy.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

minusinfinity
reply to post by boymonkey74

We are in the matrix. No need for video no need 4 exit. No escape.
We are fuc#%ed.
edit on 17-3-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

They used to believe in the 1970's that if the rate of pollution continue in cities like LA, that the air would become so polluted that nothing would be able to breath outside, never mind the effects of a nuclear war.

What happens is that either people move out and leave, and replaced by others or the pollution level is reduced.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

tony9802

boymonkey74
reply to post by dollukka

I really enjoyed that film

Time is money and they took it the logical step forward.
Come on people I have seen them all so a free internet cookie for the one film I have not seen lol.

I was wondering if you would be able to create a list, at least a brief list of the movies that you are familiar with that discuss or depict EMF technologies, psychotronic weapons.. as they are used against humankind and Targeted Individuals.. These movies will revolve around mind control methods and techniques, and also around behavior modification.. as it is currently being conducted say by the CIA DOD Mossad and other obvious agencies;

I personally do not see enough movies, since I'm normally more drawn to listening to music, but it would be great if you could list the movies you are familiar with that speak to those themes and topics. In my opinion, THAT will be the direction we will be moving towards-- Mind Control, Behavior Modification, brain and body implants, synthetic telepathy, ad nauseum..

Would you be able to write up that movie list? Because THAT is absolutely- the ABSOLUTE future..

Anyone care to answer this guy here?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's EZ:

IDIOCRACY
edit on 19-3-2014 by ScareCro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Another vote for Idiocracy. We're pretty much there already - in the US at least. Also glad to see They Live get a mention above.

And I don't know if it's really a vision of our future, but I always thought the last twenty minutes or so of Mission to Mars outlines a mythology with some pretty deep truth to it. I have a feeling a revelation along those lines is coming at some point.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Read the book. Watch the movie.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
With all the radiation comming from Japan.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can see the book one second after coming true.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Also, I'm still hoping for Back to the Future II. Mostly because it'll mean the Cubs win the World Series next year. I remember watching it in 1985 or whenever and thinking about how absurd it was to think that they wouldn't have won it by 2015. Sigh.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok I'll bring the good feelings down with a crash!!

I vote for The Road.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"I AM LEGEND"..... 2182...
But not forgetting "Adantes Peak/2012"....sometime after 2029 finishing in 2036 and "Close Encounters"......2041...... and some strange mystery event in 2021, no film as I'm not exactly sure what but it is Worldwide or the knowledge of it????

edit on 19-3-2014 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Without out a doubt this one.

Heaven Can Wait

edit on 19-3-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

none of them have it right because if we really do have a future it will not be
like anything any of us could have ever imagined and it just might be a lot
worse then any movie ever made! There are times in life where we must choose
whether we want to be complacent or not! It's unfortunate how most people are
only interested in what suits their needs and this will lead us into a very horrible
existence! I Can't imagine a world like that but it's obvious that there will be no
heroes like in the movies! This is why I think it's a bad idea to use a movie as
a possible scenario for humanities future! I can say one thing about it! It wont
be a happy place! May God have mercy on us all!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

ScareCro

That's EZ:

IDIOCRACY
edit on 19-3-2014 by ScareCro because: (no reason given)

He was asking about the future not the present!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I believe you are right! There is no doubt in my mind that this is where we are
heading at this point in our world! As we head more and more into a future with
less and less resources, we will see a world become more and more volatile!
Until someone launches one of these WMDs and then we will end up in an all out
nuclear war! This can happen at any time in the near future! It will happen sooner
or later unless we change our socio economic policies so that our first priority is
each other! With the way our world looks today I don't see this happening!
May God have mercy on us all.....

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

to neutralize some negative radiation in this thread,

I will make my first post and give my future prediction .

The Trumanshow

as reference I cite the simulation-argument(.com).

imagination, this is his creation...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
District 9? It's one of my favorite sci-fi's, so I'm gunna say it. lol

reply to post by olaru12

OMG I can't wait for the new Godzilla movie to come out!!! Looks SOOOO bad-ass! Definitely paying and going to see that in theatres!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join