It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Which movie do you think is the best guess for our near future?.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:51 PM
reply to post by boymonkey74

I could imagine a near future encounter much like "The Abyss", with near futuristic aspects of "The Terminator" storylines.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:30 PM
It seems like most of you think the 'best guess' is something negative, e.g a dystopia, post-apocalypse, advanced global fascist state, alien enslavement, etc. And I really hope the people posing Idiocracy as a best guess are joking.

Could we have predicted the invention & proliferation of the internet, which is a huge step towards 'the future'? These movies are mostly extensions of the human imagination; giving so much credence to the negative aspects in sci-fi is a human tendency. A tendency that defines consciousness --- to scan the environment for danger.... Which incidentally goes hand in hand with sci-fi depicting a scenario that's astoundingly horrific.

As for which movie best guesses our future, I can't say off the top of my head... probably something involving a globally networked metaverse (VR) combined with an expansion of corporeal universe exploration. Possibly The Matrix --- minus cold, diabolic machine-lords that trap all humans inside a digital prison. Sword Art Online minus the possibility for people to be neurally destroyed in conjunction with game-death. The colonization of 'inner-space' as well as outer. I'm thinking something approached in a way that takes all the worst potentials into account & circumvents them. Something spiritually symbiotic as well as inconceivable by current thought process.

Then again maybe I'm being too optimistic....
edit on 17-3-2014 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:25 AM
reply to post by MrLimpet

Seen it
also watched the TV series as a kid

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:26 AM
reply to post by ntech

Seen it, one of the best B movies ever...I loved the lettuce scene lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:41 AM

Given all of Googles moves in the various markets and company purchases.....

My pick...

Elysium....without the happy ending.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:47 AM

Once we crack genetic enhancement of embryo/foetus the whole game changes. Will the benefits be dealt out fairly to the world, or will it be available only to those that can afford it. Many of you will hope for the former, but expect the latter....

Class divides will become genetic divides and that's very hard to over come. Our species will split permenantly into the super healthy, super smart HAVES and the HAVE NOTS - their slave species.

Before long planet Earth will be divided into ghettos and gated paradises (just like L.A. ;-) ), something like this:

This movie pretty much fails to deliver as a whole, but the first half hour paints a chilling picture of what's likely to come if our course isn't corrected by outside help.

edit on 18-3-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:57 AM

Mix every dystopian sci fi together and I think u have it. Im off for a Soylent burger.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:30 AM
Idiocracy. No question. I have no doubt that the over population and dumbing down is in full swing.

Oh ... remember what the narrator said at the start of the movie ?? - The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections. (narrator in Idiocracy). Sounds like now ...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
I was going to say 1984 or Book of Eli but they have already been mentioned.

If the ice caps melt, then we are heading for this:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM

Its only a matter of time before Planet Terra hits the reset button on humanity. However, unlike in "12 Monkeys", I think a killer mega-virus is more likely to be a natural phenomenon than something created in a lab.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:16 AM
'The Giant Claw', for sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:58 AM

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:35 AM

Spot on.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM

I would have to say Brazil

Nearly there already

One insect in the machine and your fubar.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:41 AM
reply to post by beezzer

You got it Beez. Blade Runner is by far the direction we are headed as a society. As old as the movie is, it still shows the best scenario for our future.... a crowded, dirty planet, with crime, starvaton, and greed. Hell's, I think that's the forcast for next week!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:13 AM
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I just hope it has that Noir feeling in the future then

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
reply to post by marvinthemartian

I have seen that but many many years ago so that is on my list to re watch

I love Jonathan Pryce very talented actor.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:17 AM
reply to post by luciddream

Come on anyone else cry at that film?
I did...mind you I cried when a dolphin cried "Maaaa Paaaa" and also when Allball died

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
reply to post by SallieSunshine

Yup great film also a good bet unfortunately

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:06 PM

reply to post by dollukka

I really enjoyed that film

Time is money and they took it the logical step forward.
Come on people I have seen them all so a free internet cookie for the one film I have not seen lol.

Hi Boymonkey74, thank you for writing up this post.. i was wondering if you would be able to create a list, at least a brief list of the movies that you are familiar with that discuss or depict EMF technologies, psychotronic weapons.. as they are used against humankind and Targeted Individuals.. These movies will revolve around mind control methods and techniques, and also around behavior modification.. as it is currently being conducted say by the CIA DOD Mossad and other obvious agencies;

I personally do not see enough movies, since I'm normally more drawn to listening to music, but it would be great if you could list the movies you are familiar with that speak to those themes and topics. In my opinion, THAT will be the direction we will be moving towards-- Mind Control, Behavior Modification, brain and body implants, synthetic telepathy, ad nauseum..

Would you be able to write up that movie list? Because that is the future..

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>