It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 123% of Sevastopol residents vote to join Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Over 123% of Sevastopol residents vote to join Russia

Looks like Russia payed too many voters

After reviewing “referendum” voting data and demographic statistics for 2013, the blogger teh-nomad has concluded that over 123% of the residents of Sevastopol voted to join the Russian Federation, reports Ukrainska Pravda, citing livejournal.com.

euromaidanpr.wordpress.com...-4921

I'm wondering how such a mistake can be make?

And who was the extra voters?

The self-proclaimed government has counted 75.9% voters, while independent observers report only about 50% of Crimeans who voted. And this is after the necessary percent was ‘cooked’ in many different ways. ‘Suddenly’, access to the State Register from the Crimean peninsula had been closed and anyone could vote: citizens of Russia, people with a residence permit in Ukraine and those who were registered in Crimea.

I think it's well documented many Russians crossed the boarder I'm wondering if these people even had a vote in replacement for the people who didn't turn out as reported

It's seems mighty strange how the polls and opinions have changed so drastically over the past couple of weeks since Russia forces invade the streets of Crimea and annexed the region from Ukrainian control

Something's up

edit on 17-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Kinda like the dead voters in the last US election.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Do you think Euromaidan PR is an unbiased web site?

About
This is the site of the Official English-language Public Relations Secretariat for the Headquarters of the National Resistance in Kyiv, Ukraine.

My observation is maybe they have their own dog in this fight.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm sure the truth will come out eventually, always does

My best guess would be those people in Sevastopol did much the same as the Tartars or was beaten out of town

When Russian forces invaded the Crimea region of Ukraine under the false pretexts of defending Russian speaking ethnics and keeping the peace, the ethnics then began beating the pro Ukrainian supporter of the streets while the Russian military watched on and did nothing to stop the attacks, the Ukrainian police and Ukrainian troops where also shut down

Sevastopol

Where did these people go when Russia took over?

www.dailymail.co.uk... ropol-today-Ukrainian-Prime-Minister-vows-land.html
edit on 17-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Bassago

Do you think Euromaidan PR is an unbiased web site?

About
This is the site of the Official English-language Public Relations Secretariat for the Headquarters of the National Resistance in Kyiv, Ukraine.

My observation is maybe they have their own dog in this fight.

Not in the slightest they're fighting the good fight

Considering these people are Ukrainians and on the ground reporting and your NOT... The yes they're a good source of factual information also

But sure they support there own country in this struggle and you support Russia's stance so of course you're not going to like what they're saying

And to those looking for the truth inside Ukraine feel free to join the Facebook group
www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why don't you add this to the other thread on this, do you want us to start cross posting here?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

shappy
Why don't you add this to the other thread on this, do you want us to start cross posting here?

Because this this post is about the 123% rigging, and not the referendum itself

I would like people to discuss how so many people voted and who they might have been, so no need to cross post

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Anyway the source is the RT of ukraine just about lies :/

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Dolby_X
Anyway the source is the RT of ukraine just about lies :/

What do you prefer? CNN, MSNBC? Fox? Pick one, they all have agendas.

I usually don't watch TV, if news is important enough, it travels fast and far.

Interesting to note about RT (not to be confused with Russian Federation Today), a lot of presenters and interviewed people, are NOT Russian.
edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

(post by TritonTaranis removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

TROLL TROLL SHILL OBVIOUS

Mate, don't you ever get sick of insulting people? You've done nothing but call people trolls, shill's and nazis for the last week. I'm not certain, but I'm fairly sure that's a breach of the T&C's.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
But seriously how can you reach "ave. posts per day: 215.73" in that short time.

Back to topic, I believe there is and will always be propaganda from both sides and you have to find the truth yourself.
Everytime I read about the votes, there is one thing I don't understand. Why did the people that are pro Ukraine not vote?
They should not complain now, when they did not even try to vote.
Even if you think the votes will be rigged anyway, you should at least try to vote.
I saw a report about this earlier here on German news and already asked myself that question.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You people keep using words like invade Crimea, just what the hell are you talking about exactly? When did that happen?
Can you see into the future or something? The so called Russian " invasion" force has been there for 15 years!!!! Crimea was GIVEN to Ukraine during the Soviet Era! The presence of the Russian fleet in Crimea goes back to the late 1700's! More than half the population is ethnic RUSSIAN. Then Tatars and only then are Ukrainians! and Putin just signed an order to recognize them as a sovereign independent state. All the observers from dozens of countries approved the vote as legitimate and with no military "threats" so please shut up.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
TROLL TROLL SHILL OBVIOUS

LOL you accuse others of being troll shills, when it couldn't be more obvious you are a troll shill

Why should anyone believe your disinformation when a guy like you is on the record several time on ATS blaming Russia for attack on Georgia when facts are Georgia attacked minorities first under wink wink from Bush.

You want your credibility back, apologize for Georgia posts and tell the truth.

Then we can discuss Crimea

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
123% lol

The extra voters likely were russian troops and the FSB (Federal Security Service)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Why dont you post your pictures of your beloved fascists beating protesters and police officers armed with weapons?

top topics

join