It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L'Wren Scott Dead -- Mick Jagger's Girlfriend Hangs Herself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.tmz.com...

There was no suicide note found and right now police say they do not suspect foul play

RIP

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Bummer for Mick. Would suck to have to deal with something like that so late in life. Maybe he should dig up the number for Marianne Faithful.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Stones, just landed here (Australia) last night for a tour.Guess that's cancelled. Rip.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

they can bring her back to life , they do it with keefe....lol.................sad

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
She was quite tall.. how can she hang herself on the doorknob ?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A doorknob? Seriously? Is this a common way to kill one self? Usually people stand up on a chair and then kick it away so there's no turning back... Your instincts would otherwise take over and you would stand on the chair again to be able to breathe. Tying yourself to a doorknob and just lay there?? No if it was that easy to overcome the survival instinct embedded in us then why not just lay down on your bed and just stop breathing? Or lay down and tie something around your neck. If you can overcome that instinct, then you dont need to hang yourself from anything right? Did she take a bunch of sleeping pills or something first to help herself overcome that instinct?

This just seems very bizarre to me. And why would you, as a cop, finding someone in this position, label it a suicide? I'm guessing/hoping the investigation is not through yet and this is just a kind of temporary, preliminary label... This makes about as much sense as the guy who shoots himself in the back of the head, twice. But perhaps I just don't know a lot about suicide? Maybe this is a common method for reasons I do not realize yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Where the hell was the door? 3rd floor with her on the 2nd?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

RIP nonetheless. I hope something more than "door knob" comes to light or her family may be wondering WTH too.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Could be erotic asphycsia like some one said she a bit tall to try and hang herself from a door handle

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

I had the same idea. We had cases of kids hanging themselves on doorknobs for that reason. If you go too far, are alone, and pass out, you could be one inch from the floor, it will still be one inch too much...
edit on 17-3-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
She may have taken something to dope her first.

You can easily hang yourself from a doorknob even if you're sat down.

Preferable as you are fully in control and can back out if you get cold feet by just standing/kneeling up.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Guessing she must have been real heartbroken over the split-up.

Prayers goin' up...

Jagger and designer girlfriend L’Wren Scott split before suicide

Mick Jagger’s longtime lover killed herself in her Manhattan condo on Monday — leaving the legendary rocker “devastated” and racing to New York from the Rolling Stones’ Australia tour.

L’Wren Scott, who recently split from Jagger after 13 years and was millions of dollars in debt because of her crumbling business, used a black satin scarf to hang herself from a balcony door handle, sources said.

A law enforcement source described Scott as Jagger’s “former” girlfriend — and she told a longtime friend from her native Utah last week that the legendary Stones frontman had dumped her.

nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
To those wondering how a person who is tall, hangs themselves on a door knob or handle, it works like this.

You get a rope, scarf, anything you can tie around your neck, and around the door handle. You kneel down, tie your knots, face away from the door, and lean away hard. Your efforts tighten the knots, oxygen levels in your brain decline, at which point your body begins to become heavy, and it's own weight starts doing the work that your oxygen starved muscles can no longer do. You fall asleep from oxygen depravation, then eventually, you die.

It is not a nice way to go. Some would say that it is worse than a genuine hanging, because at least there is the possibility with a good old fashioned long drop, short stop, of a broken neck, which expedites things. Each to their own I guess. I want to go out in a balls out sword fight myself, but that's just me!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I think I get it. You don't have to have it tight enough to close off the airway, just tight enough to stop or slow down the blood flow enough to make you pass out ( you'd die anyway after long enough without sufficient blood flow) and then the weight of your body falling forward or to the side (or back if the door is not latched or open to the point it hits a wall or something) tightens it enough to close off the air flow, if you use the correct knot which is pretty simple even if you had to figure it out by trial and error.

I guess it could also be erotic asphyxiation. What a strange thing That is...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Its really just a matter of using basic Newtonian principles, albeit for a deeply unfortunate purpose. The physical methodology however, is fairly simple.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
MSM justs gets more blatant boldface lies after lie!

new topics

top topics

join