It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 123% of Sevastopol residents vote to join Russia!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Over 123% of Sevastopol residents vote to join Russia!

After reviewing “referendum” voting data and demographic statistics for 2013, the blogger teh-nomad has concluded that over 123% of the residents of Sevastopol voted to join the Russian Federation, reports Ukrainska Pravda, citing livejournal.com.

Mykhaylo Malyshev, the head of the commission of the Verkhovna Rada of Crimea for the organization and execution of the “referendum,” announced that as of 20:00 on March 16, the turnout in Crimea totaled 81.36%.

“At 20:00 in Crimea, 1,250,426 people voted,” Malyshev announced. “This result does not include Sevastopol. When Sevastopol is included, 1,724,563 people voted,” he said. Therefore, according to Crimean “authorities,” 474,137 people from Sevastopol voted in the “referendum.”

However, as of November 1, 2013, according to the Department of Statistics in Sevastopol, the permanent population of the city numbered 383,499 people, and the total population at that time was 385,462 people.

“At the end of last year, the population of Sevastopol stood at 385,462 persons. This included children, who do not have the right to vote. It appears that 88,675 individuals (474,137 minus 385,462 = 88,675) suddenly appeared in Sevastopol during the referendum. Therefore 123% of Sevastopol citizens (474,137/385,462*100=123%) voted to join Russia. And this means all : children, school children, and I suspect, the dead,” concluded teh-nomad.

The same “error” probably applies to all of Crimea. As has been reported, the Verkhovna Rada of Crimea, on March 6, designated the “referendum” on the status of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea for March 16, bypassing the Constitution and laws of Ukraine. It presented two choices: joining of Crimea with the Russian Federation and returning of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea to the Constitution of 1992.

The Constitutional Court of Ukraine, on March 14, declared the decision by the Verkhovna Rada of Crimea unconstitutional. However, the so-called “referendum” was still held, on territory occupied by armed Russians. The Tatars of Crimea did not recognize this so-called “referendum” and did not participate in it. Many residents of Crimea, who support retaining Crimea as part of Ukraine, also did not vote and remained inside all day, afraid to go out for fear of being attacked.

The central authorities in Ukraine and most nations of the world do not recognize the Crimean “referendum.”

While the above is reported from Maiden, Pravda also carried the same story using the same information -
За злиття з Росією проголосувало 123% севастопольців

I am not sure what to think about this. Is it possible that Russia became so over confident that they screwed up by trying to run up the score?

While the report was posted to Euromaiden's website, Pravda ran the same story with the same information.

Thoughts?

Election rigged?
Miscounted the numbers?
Error in resident stats?

One other question - Is Pravda Ukraine separate from Pravda or just a section of Pravda?

edit on 17-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You forget to include the new residence that moved to Crimea fleeing Ukraine. Berkut members and also defecting service personel and others fleeing from facist violence.

They are basing that number on OLD population numbers prior to the migration.
edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

123%
Seems legit

This election did better than North Korea.
Great Leader Jr only got 100%

edit on 17-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Election rigged?

I think you know that this is the answer. This was going to be the outcome, no matter what. Wasn't there even a picture of pre-marked ballots out there, yesterday?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

shappy
You forget to include the new residence that moved to Crimea fleeing Ukraine. Berkut members and also defecting service personel and others fleeing from facist violence.

Who would not be eligible to vote according to Crimean authorities who set up the election. There was reports of vote fraud occurring, and before I go down that road I thought I would ask about the sources in addition to anyone who might have been present.

Also according to Russia the people fleeing left the country into Russia, not Crimea (according to Russian media, although the report failed to black out the welcome to Poland border check sign).
edit on 17-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by shappy

Sources?

link   

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

Sources?

Sources... let me see... Common sense.

It was all over the news, the migrations and defections.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

Okay well common sense tells me they are not permanent residents of crimea therefore have no say in voting, without proper ID's and documentation. Are you telling me there was voter fraud?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

Okay well common sense tells me they are not permanent residents of crimea therefore have no say in voting, without proper ID's and documentation. Are you telling me there was voter fraud?

They got welcomed with open arms, and they got issued ID's. It was in the news too.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

shappy

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

Sources?

If you would not mind, if its all over the news, could you link those sources here please.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

So there is vote fraud? Better hurry and make them citizens so they can vote for a place they have never been to before.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Xcathdra

123%

Seems legit

NICE! I was just thinking the same myself and then I thought "Well, maybe they were using METRIC math and they forgot to convert or something" and then I thought maybe I should have ANOTHER tall whiskey and see if I can come up with the same percentage using BINARY CODED HEXIDECIMALS. And you know what? I came up with "See spot run"! So yeah, your right, 123% works for me too! that's about the proof of the Bell's I'm slamming down today anyway !

edit on 3172014 by tencap77 because: spelling. tall whiskey's kickin in !

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Xcathdra

shappy

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

Sources?

If you would not mind, if its all over the news, could you link those sources here please.

en.ria.ru... Russia issuing Id's to berkut.

rt.com...

www.veooz.com... Berkut arriving in Crimea. welcomed with flowers.

Heck even the Crimean flag colours are Russian not Ukranian.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

shappy

So to be able to vote you don't need any minimum period of residence. You just arrive in Crimea from God Knows Were and cast your vote.
That's a complete novel idea for an election.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

alldaylong

shappy

So to be able to vote you don't need any minimum period of residence. You just arrive in Crimea from God Knows Were and cast your vote.
That's a complete novel idea for an election.

I doubt their non participation in the election would have caused the decision to go the other way anyway.

fact is, they had two choices, stay with facists in power or go back to what they know, being Russian.

Honestly, I would probably go that way too faced with those choices.

link   

shappy
en.ria.ru... Russia issuing Id's to berkut.

first off thank you...

however the article linked here actually undermines what the former President as well as Putin have been stating about who deployed the riot police and what their orders were. That article places them under the command of the former president and there reason for use of force also undermines what has been officially stated.

shappy
rt.com...

www.veooz.com... Berkut arriving in Crimea. welcomed with flowers.

Heck even the Crimean flag colours are Russian not Ukranian.

There are not 88k barkut riot police who "defected" / "converted".

This just deals with Sevastopol... What happens if the numbers elsewhere in Crimea are also off?

link   
reply to post by shappy

Do you have any non russian sources?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Darolla
reply to post by shappy

Do you have any non russian sources?

i was asked for sources, I give some, there are many, go google them yourself if you want to get interested in it rather than focus on me.

Im not your butler.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

shappy
I doubt their non participation in the election would have caused the decision to go the other way anyway.

You and Putin just don't get it do you.. Every time Putin gest caught and cant defend an action, his supporters just dismiss it. You do understand that outside of Russia, people are intelligent and are not just going to take the explanation, that it would not matter with the numbers, as adequate.

It means the election was a farce...
The controls in place to permit those who could vote was a farce.
The controls in place to prevent people who could not vote from voting is a farce.

To expect the world to just accept that BS and move on is insane..

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh nooo! Rigged elections! Seriously though, pretending the "we" the west do things differently is beyond naive. Russia does everything just more blatant.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join