It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Turn Your Back on a Big Cat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

See what happens when a keeper at a big cat rescue turns his back on his various charges. Instinct kicks in, and they just can't resist!

Sure, you smiled at this one, but consider that in India, it's deadly serious. Workers in the Sunderbans will wear masks on the back of their heads in an effort to deter hungry Bengal tigers.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I knew not to run from big cats (only prey runs), but I was unaware that showing your back to them was also dangerous.

That was a fun video. S&F.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes, I had to laugh.
Because "Amanda" had that attitude like, I knew you were paying attention, I wasn't really going to do anything.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How about we quit putting them in cages.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Remember, these guys are at a rescue. They never had a chance not to be in cages, and if they weren't at the rescue, they'd be dead.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yeah. Right. What were they rescued from? Other cages. "It's for your own good." Is that what your saying? Remember that when you find yourself in that situation, and your masters tell you the same.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Until you can stop the illegal pet trade, what else are you going to do? Release some cat back in the wild, when it has been around humans? So it can either kill a human, or be killed? At least maybe they can do some good in a breeding program, and have a halfway decent life.

I'm not for taking any out of the wild, for circus's, zoo's, any of that. But it isn't going to get any better until the illegal trade stops, and rich idiots stop wanting them for pets.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Back to the wild I say. If they can't make it, then they will provide sustenance for some other creature.

new topics

top topics

join