It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post time/ Profile's Time Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to correct the Time Zone in Member Profiles, as mine seems to malfunction?

When I joined in 2011, I set it correctly:
(GMT) Casablanca, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, as I am in the central part of the isle of Britian.
As soon as I clicked "Submit" the setting changed to:
(GMT +3.00) Baghdad. Riyadh, Moscow
It always has; when I try to fix it & even now; attempting to correct this gets the same result.

Also, I posted to a thread at 17:54 (05:54 PM) this evening.
The post time records itself as "06:54 PM" (18:54), 1 hour ahead of my actual post time.(NOT +3 hours, which I thought it would of been- if not-the-correct time was being used).

At first I thought "British Summer Time" but, right now, we (UK) are "in" GMT. BST, our Daylight Savings Time here (GMT +1 hour), does not start until Sun 30th Match 01:00 (1AM).
As far as I can gather ATS is based in the US Central (CST – Central Standard Time), which is 6 hours BEHIND GMT right now.

What is occuring & can I correct either, to reflect my actual time for Post & Profile accuracy?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

I've got the same problem... I've brought it up once or twice, with the staff and in forums... Just one of those things it seems, like the million-stars bug

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

I've noticed in the past that ATS adjusts for summer time when the change happens in the U.S.
Wait for British Summer Time to kick in, and then the post time should be back to normal.

PS If your post times and other times are otherwise showing correctly, then the fact that the display says "GMT+3" seems to have no signficance. I get that too.

edit on 17-3-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

Just ignore it, I have for the past 5 years....

Edit: I tried to change it years ago, it's a glitch.. Happy Patrick's day..
edit on 17/3/2014 by lewtra because: edit

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

Thanks for your reply. I can accept that it's "just one of those things".
But, you would of thought, that with members like yourself & most likely others raising the issue, they would of corrected it- especially after the site redesign/ overhall. I'm very particular & were this my website, I WOULD HAVE TO FIX something like this, the more-so if it has been going on for some years! I suppose in the greater scheme of things, it really is petty...but...just for accuracy sake/ professionalism I would have to- but that's just me.

Good to know though that its just a general glitch.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thanks, it makes sense that when BST begins, the post time will be correct. I assumed that as I moved into BST the post time would itself advance 1 hour!

Good to know others experience the same "GMT +3 hours" malfunction, but a glitch is just that & beyond our control.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

Thank you, I shall ignore it. Like I said in a previous post, I'm just particular & like everything to be proper & correct. I am glad though that I posted as it is always good to know it is common and not just "your-particular-account" related.

And a VERY, VERY HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S to YOU too!
edit on 17/3/2014 by Seeker7 because: Bad spelling- oops!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

I feel ya

yeah, I feel the same! It is a /small/ thing, and I ignore it, but, ja, if it were my site I'd have to fix it.

I don't think it has to do with DST... might be wrong though. But I can't 'set' it to GMT +2 Cairo, it automatically puts me in GMT +4 Kabul ... the closest I can get it is GMT+3 Baghdad (I have to select GMT Casablanca to do so), and it's been like that since I joined. I try change it every now and then..
anyway

Peace, man
Jim
edit on 2014/3/18 by Jimjolnir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
this is what I am getting for date registered for everyone, CSTCAM66 or CDTCAM66 , does anyone else get this or is it just me.

new topics

top topics

join