It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Discovery: Smoking Gun for Universe's Incredible Big Bang found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Ah...well there I stand (educationally) corrected, but still stand by my views... still the big bang is only a theory.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

With very strong evidence supporting it.
The discovery made today lends massive evidence to it.
edit on 17-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

still the big bang is only a theory

No the big bang is NOT 'only a theory'. The big bang is a 'Scientific Theory'.

A 'Scientific Theory' is in no way comparable to 'only a theory'.

Everyday usage of 'only a theory' means unsupported speculation.

A 'Scientific Theory' is the highest form of supported and proved explanation. It has nothing to do with speculation.

In science, the closest thing to 'speculation' is 'hypothesis'. But even then, hypothesis is superior to speculation because hypothesis is testable and not opinion to be believed or not believed.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Personally I feel it is something that cant be proven, only speculated about.
I may yet be proven wrong, its a fact that wont change my life, but until then.....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

A medical theory, a religious theory, a scientific theory, a theory is still a theory no matter what clothes you put on it., the title is relative to the field its in.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So Bob Lazar was telling the truth after all... He said back in 1989 that there were gravitational waves and so forth, but people didn't want to believe him! Same with element 115...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ilian51378

Einstein predicted the existence of gravitational waves.
Nothing too tricky about predicting transuranic elements and Lazar got the properties of 115 wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by zeevar

This sort of thing is always a bit mumbo jumbo to me, the big bang is still a theory, and what sound or signal can be defined and pin pointed as the (alleged) big bang.

The theory of gravitation is also a theory. Care to test it by jumping off your roof to see if you accelerate at 9.8 m/s2? Maybe if you try it enough times you can prove the theory wrong.

I am always skeptical of this sort of science, they are telling us they have found earth like planets in far away galaxy's
No they aren't.

edit on 3/17/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Bawaaa
edit on Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:30:57 -0500307America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

zeevar
reply to post by rnaa

A medical theory, a religious theory, a scientific theory, a theory is still a theory no matter what clothes you put on it., the title is relative to the field its in.

Apes & Gibbering.........Ring any bells
?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

Wrong again...scientific theory has been explained to you and why it is different.
Read up on why again and take the info in.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

zeevar

Personally I feel it is something that cant be proven, only speculated about.
I may yet be proven wrong, its a fact that wont change my life, but until then.....

But the speculation is based off something tangible, the CMB. Just because we don't deal with the CMB in our everyday lives as consumers doesn't mean it's not real. This information is like a blueprint for future scientific endeavors and understanding, and should not be taken lightly. It will affect everyone from the scientist back down to the everyday consumer.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

zeevar
reply to post by rnaa

It's been proven now. So, it's no longer just a theory. Now call it the Big Bang Fact, or BBF for short.

Hey, I think I just coined a new term.
edit on 17-3-2014 by lostbook because: add

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

rigel4

zeevar
reply to post by rnaa

Apes & Gibbering.........Ring any bells
?

No..just because I dont understand some thing on your level doesn't mean I'm any less stupid than you, there are other subjects I could run circles around you with, You have a platform to educate people with what you think you know, good knowledge is for sharing, but instead you chose to smart mouth me, and like a typical keyboard warrior you have proved nothing other than your smug condescending attitude.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by ilian51378

Einstein predicted the existence of gravitational waves.
Nothing too tricky about predicting transuranic elements and Lazar got the properties of 115 wrong.

well so far. however it still remains possible that the right number of neutrons will make element 115 stable. the theory is there. it may be forever before we can add the "magic" number of neutrons to imbue supposed stability and know for sure. but it's probably too early to say Bob was wrong on that. besides his other biggie that the strong force and gravity are essentially the same thing has theoretical evidence that at least on paper says he was right. as you know anyone with a little science knowledge could predict element 115's eventual discovery. but i do not think anyone had ever made the claim that the strong force and gravity were the same thing. it is actually the key to Bob's veracity one way or another as far as the science prediction bits are concerned.

but the non bob related science bomb shell from today's announcement is that the inflation theory lends it self to all sorts of possibly not so kooky science. antigravity, worm holes. Mach's principle. space warps stuff like that.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Indeed, you have some valid points. Just because you cant see and touch it doesn't mean to say its not there.. but I am an old fashioned skeptic of men in white lab coats.
I am a great fan and admirer of the wonders of the cosmos... but an explosion from nothing?? Maybe its the scale of it, maybe the universe is the result of a match being struck in the dark.
But I am compelled to read up on CMB.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Like when you drop a rock in a pond-the first ripples are larger, faster, and closer together but as the waves extend out, they get shorter, slower, and farther apart. Those shorter, slower, and farther apart waves is what scientists see now as remnants of the Big Bang.

THank you!!!
That makes sense to me. I appreciate the effort

It's truly hard for me to wrap my mind around space/cosmos/bug bang (sic).....with my sanity intact.

Like Zen says: don't even try. Just be aware that we don't get it.

I know I don't get it. And I'm beginning to be okay with that (in my mid-50s) (finally). The thing is:

I just don't know, and that's just that. It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

It is never only a theory. Evidence shows our universe expanded from a single point in spacetime and continues to expand.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Like when you drop a rock in a pond-the first ripples are larger, faster, and closer together but as the waves extend out, they get shorter, slower, and farther apart. Those shorter, slower, and farther apart waves is what scientists see now as remnants of the Big Bang.

THank you!!!
That makes sense to me. I appreciate the effort

It's truly hard for me to wrap my mind around space/cosmos/bug bang (sic).....with my sanity intact.

Like Zen says: don't even try. Just be aware that we don't get it.

I know I don't get it. And I'm beginning to be okay with that (in my mid-50s) (finally). The thing is:

I just don't know, and that's just that. It is what it is.

You're welcome. I'm happy to share what I know. I don't know everything but who does? We all come to ATS to share and learn.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

zeevar

Indeed, you have some valid points. Just because you cant see and touch it doesn't mean to say its not there.. but I am an old fashioned skeptic of men in white lab coats.
I am a great fan and admirer of the wonders of the cosmos... but an explosion from nothing?? Maybe its the scale of it, maybe the universe is the result of a match being struck in the dark.
But I am compelled to read up on CMB.

But the Big Bang wasn't an explosion from nothing. Remember what you just said: just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
In the linked video, Stanford professor Andrei Linde, 'founding father of inflation', is first told about , and then celebrates the new discovery. He is quick to identify the newly found patterns in the cosmic microwave background as being due to quantum gravity.www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlfIVEy_YOA
edit on 17-3-2014 by Ross 54 because: corrected link address

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join