It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care — to insure 4.2 million people?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No is not a beginning is deceiving and a lie and I am tire of the government propaganda of lies, the people that have signed most are the ones that were dropped out of their insurance and they would have insurance regardless, the rest are those that are looking for Medicaid.

The percentage of new people getting insurance is still low and that is a fact.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

SO we are going to see this nonsense for while...where the GOP shouts about numbers...

While pretending to be dumb about the expansion of Medicaid (in 25 states thus far) to cover the poorest uninsured. California alone signed up a couple Million already.

They will also pretend that everyone that got one of those notices transitioning them to another policy didn't actually transition, but dropped their insurance altogether.

Then they will ignore the vast numbers that signed up under their parents plans..

And they will ignore the even larger numbers that simply called up BCBS etc. and got plans directly before the deadline....now thata pre-existing conditions are covered.

Instead they will look at the 4.3 Million folks that chose to sign up on the Healthcare.Gov site in the past 3 months and claim that is the total....Reality will always catch up with the BS...usually right in time for elections.

edit on 17-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That's why I put up the 2nd link.

Still short however.

Way short.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I think most of the enrollees are folks who had insurance...you know the ones who were told they could keep what athey had?????....and got kicked off...and had to buckle under and get ACA.
And now face HIGH premiums and OUTRAGEOUS deductibles.

In effect, paying for catastrophic insurance.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That part about calling up BCBS and getting it direct???? NOT going to happen.

I called up BCBS direct...and it still goes through the .gov website....they just do it for you.
All changes after you enroll must be handled through .gov.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I think most of the enrollees are folks who had insurance...you know the ones who were told they could keep what athey had?????....and got kicked off...and had to buckle under and get ACA.
And now face HIGH premiums and OUTRAGEOUS deductibles.

In effect, paying for catastrophic insurance.

Notice how the government always avoids 'the number' when differentiating between sign-ups and those who have actually paid?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sounds like the affordable care act is on track to become a problem, which will have a solution offered to fix it, that will cause another problem, and the conundrum continues. Seriously though, if I get really sick and there is no chance of me getting better, I probably contracted it from a hospital. Wait, why would I want ACA again?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I have a friend who recently applied for an opening at Walmart. He is 65 years old. It appears they have a new policy in filling a lot of new positions.

They are looking for those already in the age bracket of being on Medicare. They also only offer hours up to 32 hrs per week. They don't want to mess with Obamacare at all.

I guess it's a benefit for those who don't need it. More job openings for the elderly.

Des

edit on 18-3-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Shaiker
reply to post by network dude

You dont have to be on food stamps to get subsidies. Even people making 60k a year qualify for small subsidies. You are listening to disinformation or you checked it before the website has been fixed.

In addition if you make that much the payments you make toward healthcare are tax deductible if done correctly.

Trust me, I have been to the site. (that's how I know how much it will cost me) with me wife's income and my income we don't qualify for any subsidies. We are pretty far from well off, but we get by. I couldn't say that if I had another $325 a month going out. Sorry, I only have the facts I have encountered to offer.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by Indigo5

That part about calling up BCBS and getting it direct???? NOT going to happen.

I called up BCBS direct...and it still goes through the .gov website....they just do it for you.
All changes after you enroll must be handled through .gov.

You are incorrect? I am assuming confusion verse dishonesty. Or maybe that only applies for those receiving subsidies?

I have enrolled my Aunt/Uncle and Next Door Neighbor via BCBS...Both Republicans BTW...and Both flustered at how dramatically they saved money.

How? (1) I went through Healthcare.gov and compared plans for them. (2) Found a plan with MORE coverage, Lower deductible and LOWER cost...ADMINISTERED by BCBS. (3) Wrote down the plan name...(Example: BCBS Silver blah blah) (4) Called up BCBS and said "We want this plan, this coverage, this price (5) They said.."of course, lets get it done" .....The plan name is simple identical to the HC Gov Plan name plus "off exchange". Did this with my Polish Neighbors who where intimidated by the language barrier and asked for my help and my Aunt and Uncle who are not tech Savy and didn't want to use the exchange. My Aunt, who thinks Obama is born in Kenya, actually sat there red faced after we were done...she didn't know what to say because every penny counts to them and I more than halved their annual expense and got them much more coverage. How many people with pre-existing conditions simply did the same??? How many people simply stuck with the insurance company that their other family already had and called them up and said "add me to the policy"?? How many people hearing all the problems with HC dot Gov, simply called the number on the letters that were mailed out in mass by insurers offering policies at the same time? How many of the poor simply went on Medicaid via the Medicaid expansion? If 4 Million actually went through and enrolled via Healthcare dot gov...And CA for example releasing numbers on their Medicaid expansion showing 2 Million...what are the numbers for the other 24 states that expanded Medicaid?

Again...not politics, math. In 6-10 months when full and accurate surveys come out showing how many additional people have been insured (not just specific Healthcare.gov enrollees), it will be likely be a minimum of 3 to 4 times the simple number of "enrollees" on HC dot gov. It might not serve a political agenda/theme/rhetoric/propaganda ...and it will say nothing about the morals or ideology of the law...but it will be reality all the same. It's just old fashioned logic, math etc. If I had to estimate I would peg the actual number of additional folks getting health insurance at around 12-14 million right now (Medicaid expansion in the 24 states alone is at minimum another 6 million...CA alone is over 2 Million already on Medicaid expansion for the poor...then add people that went directly to be added to family policies now that pre-existing conditions aren't a factor...people that shopped on HC.Gov, but bought directly from an insurance company...kids joining parents policy)

There is a difference between what people want to believe and what objective reality suggests and outright demonstrates.

edit on 18-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join