It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin signs order to recognize Crimea as a sovereign independent state

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

President Vladimir Putin has signed an order that Russia recognizes Crimea as a sovereign and independent state. The Autonomous Republic of Crimea held a referendum on Sunday with over 96% voting for integration into Russia.

Putin signs order to recognize Crimea as a sovereign independent state

“According to the will of the peoples of the Crimea on the all-Crimean referendum held on March 16, 2014, [I order] to recognize the Republic of Crimea, in which the city of Sevastopol has a special status, as a sovereign and independent state,” the document reads.

The order comes into force immediately.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

I wonder who else will see Crimea as a actual country. I still have a feeling that even being it's own state, that Russia will have a heavy influence on what happens there.

More details to follow as it unfolds. This is fresh breaking news apparently..

More added:

Crimea also addressed the UN seeking recognition as a sovereign state.

"The Republic of Crimea intends to build its relations with other states on the basis of equality, peace, mutual neighborly cooperation, and other generally agreed principles of political, economic and cultural cooperation between states," the parliament said.

The Crimean parliament also unanimously voted to integrate of the region into Russia.

-SAP-
edit on 17-3-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So much for Putin listening to Obama's threats/sanctions today ... or listening to John Kerry when he drew that line in the sand. Obviously Putin holds all the cards. He isn't going to blink and he's not going to give up his expanding territory.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And in 2 years Crimea will be officailly recognised by the UN as an independent country. Just like Kosov was.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
when it was cuba and the shoe was on the other foot it was good to do for the US what Putin is doing now in crimea.
except that time it turns out it was the us missiles in turkey that were the cause of that incident

so the us has to hide one heck of a huge hypocrisy and the world isn't buying it this time
hell, most of the US isn't buying it this time

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What's good for the goose is good for the gander

What the west is doing is the online gaming equivilent to throwing a tantrum or rage quitting.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Are you saying when a country invades and sets up an independent state that it is expansion and hence an imperialistic action that should be opposed?

Say it aint so?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I figured he would ignore it. He knows that Obama just makes loose threats and he really doesn't give a crap what America thinks at this point.

Can't say I don't blame him for ignoring Obama. I try to ignore him daily.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

benrl

Are you saying when a country invades and sets up an independent state that it is expansion and hence an imperialistic action that should be opposed?

Say it aint so?

Well, we never opposed the coup in Kosov, so why would we oppose it here?

link   
Actually this is only a chess move on the world stage. TPTB have yet to make theirs known.

link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

They're were part of the WARSAW PACT. They miss the "good times". One thing about perpetual War, it really kick starts the old economy? and a cold war? even better. You get to build all the toys and play around with them because you know your going to use your MIRV's in the end anyway! Thanks Vlad. We needed a politician who knows what he's doing to get our economy going. Guess I'll head up to the cabin in the mountains this weekend and tiddy up the bomb shelter!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

I don't know, but that is the current push of some of our leadership.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well Well.

It looks like Putin has a pen and cell phone too !!

Now what?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Updated snippet.

The parliament's resolution comes after Sunday's referendum which resulted in over 96 percent of voters answering ‘yes’ to the autonomous republic joining Russia. The overall voter turnout in the referendum was 81.37%, according to the head of the Crimean parliament’s commission on the referendum, Mikhail Malyshev.

More from RT.

He also stressed that there were no complaints concerning the voting process. Those international observers who came to Crimea made an official statement on Monday that the vote was free and conformed to international standards.

The international reaction to the Crimea’s referendum and its resolution was the implementation of sanctions. On Monday the EU and US slapped visa bans and financial restrictions against Russian and Ukrainian officials.

The White House stated that "the actions and policies" of the Russian government with respect to Ukraine "undermine democratic processes” and “threaten its peace,” sanctioning 11 officials. While the EU late on Monday introduced a list of 21 Russian and Crimean political figures that will be sanctioned for 6 months.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

xuenchen
Well Well.

It looks like Putin has a pen and cell phone too !!

Now what?

Now with the cunning use of a pen and a cell phone Crimea de facto becomes a sovereign state recognized by Russia.
Next we will include the Republic of Crimea as a subject of Russian Federation.

edit on 17-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What a marvellous precedent!

Now France can waltz into Canada with troops and take over Quebec to 'protect' French Canadians or the Chinese can invade British Columbia to 'protect' Chinese Canadians! How about the Russians invading Alberta for all those Ukrainians who live there? Come to think of it, since the Americas are full of Europeans, we're all susceptible. Yeee-haw!!

To make matters even more interesting, it works for everyone everywhere because people emigrate to all kinds of countries. Oh, the fun governments can have with this. Conscription for every male between 18 and 65 in every country... let's invade!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

masqua
What a marvellous precedent!

Now France can waltz into Canada with troops and take over Quebec to 'protect' French Canadians or the Chinese can invade British Columbia to 'protect' Chinese Canadians! How about the Russians invading Alberta for all those Ukrainians who live there? Come to think of it, since the Americas are full of Europeans, we're all susceptible. Yeee-haw!!

To make matters even more interesting, it works for everyone everywhere because people emigrate to all kinds of countries. Oh, the fun governments can have with this. Conscription for every male between 18 and 65 in every country... let's invade!

The precedent was already set by Kosov and others prior to this.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

What a terrible situation.

The US government is dealing with a nation which can actually defend itself.

And for some crazy reason, Russia isnt scared of our economic "strength". Oh wait, we're bankrupt...

Man, this is depressing.

We, as a nation, need a pick me up.

Maybe it would help if we annihilated some more pathetic 3rd world nations in the Middle East?

Wheres that damn Iran!?

edit on 17-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Good on Crimea, they got what they wanted. Now why does the US and insanity like Kerry wish to start another Cold War based on a DEMOCRATIC solution!?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe now Obama and Kerry can sing a duet song....

[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/vm520fffe8.gif[/pressimg] Cri-Me-a River

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Putin putting people first.

If he hadn't of mobilized his troops and put them into crimea the tensions would have escallated.

Escallated maybe to a point where the seed was planted and the infighting began. Cleverly facing a nations people off against each other hoping for it to need a US led intervention.

Putin took any possibility out of the equation and acted first.
He was never gonna allow it to escalate to the levels it did in Egypt, Libya and almost Syria.
No looting, no rioting no crap.

John Kerry and the rest of the war mongers will be scratching theur heads as to how they can find something else to create the spark to drive a war in order to generate profit and boost a slumping economy.
wikipedia Anaconda Copper (and all those connected)
Malaysia aircraft? I have an opinion that 911 killed many birds with one stone. Debt was hidden and got a footing in middleastern nations. Gold? Oil, lithium..........think next gen technology essential elements and minerals.

Global opinion following 911 left many with a negative feeling towards a particular religion, nation and people. Terrorism was truly born into the peoples lives all of this to allow the big brother way.

Technology we have today can't rule out remotely controlling an aircraft.

I happen to believe Gold is going to play a part inthis regarding the Malaysian aaircraft.

777 has quite a religious connection also

Iridium systens are also connected to this.

Now imagine if the flight was actually used to transport Gold bullion. Drop off, then what with the aircraft?
Now this is the part I worry about.

Wars are more dangerous now. Years ago lives of those sending others to war actually partucipated and led their armies into battle.

These days armies are sacrificed when those sending sit behind their desks sacrificing nothing but the lives of others while still trading and profiting in many ways.
Wars also influence stock markets.

The armies and military personel of all nations are actually in the same boat. Pawns.

The sooner the military personel realise that the technology we have created means those pulling the strings have no need for a soldier who in the not to distant future will be refusing orders.

Soon the world's populations may be with a gun to their heads by a bunch of war mongers with new toys that only need a press of a button.

Crap I know but sadly true.

I've said it before don't be hasty about Putin. If he was what they said he was he could have done this totally different.
Don't judge a book by its cover.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join