It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Don't worry about the low IQ, knuckle dragging, mouth breathers they are hiring into the force right now, worry about the zero IQ replacement of the near future, UAS drones and robo-cops.

Cheaper in the long run, totally obedient, no remorse or hesitation, and after market replacement parts when they get damaged.

Think about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
Don't worry about the low IQ, knuckle dragging, mouth breathers they are hiring into the force right now, worry about the zero IQ replacement of the near future, UAS drones and robo-cops.

Cheaper in the long run, totally obedient, no remorse or hesitation, and after market replacement parts when they get damaged.

Think about it.

Hey. As long as they ain't putting those things together at a GM plant? why not. Why not just build some robots like the ones from the old Lost in Space TV show? that guy was cool and so polite! plus the way he used to wave his claws was hilarious! and instead of needing a firearm for protection you could just equip them all with some Knck-out gas and a big duct tape dispenser in the back. put the bad guy to sleep, duct tape hime to a light post, call Dr Phil and move on, Dot Org!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yet another example of anti-intellectualism, anti-education, and anti-intelligence in the US. We're becoming a nation of watered-down, dumbed-down, play to the least common denominator, barely enough brainpower to walk on two legs slugs. Sure, there are some really bright individuals who are doing amazing things, but in general, we're de-evolving. With my fiancee in the education field, and her good friend a university professor, I can tell you some absolute horror stories. It's not all bad, I recognize that, but it's not all rainbows and sunshine either.

What really irks me, is competition is getting demonized as well. Everyone gets a trophy, so finishing first is meaningless. If winning is meaningless, the drive to become great is eroded. It's sad.

With respect to the article, I wonder if those doing the hiring are intimidated/insecure that a potential employee may be smarter than they are? I question the character of that police department. Good institutions and good leaders surround themselves with the best candidates.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
How did he score too high on the test? Did he break the donut in half before dunking it?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This reminds me of the book trilogy/upcoming movie, Divergent. Those who are deemed to be "divergent" are hunted down because they're dangerous to TPTB.

***SPOILER ALERT***
What makes them divergent? They're well rounded and smart enough to think for themselves.

I personally have a brother in law and a close friend who were told they were too smart when they tried to become LEO's. This was over 15 years ago, too. Glad to see this "myth" is out in the open now.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This leaves me fairly speechless... :/
reply to post by Elton

Meh...a few years ago I would have shared your sentiment....now...not so much. This is now the norm. Up is down, black is white, slavery is freedom, dumb is preferable to intelligence...talk about the Ministry of double-speak.

Just another chapter in the US's race to the bottom.

Sad and pathetic....but hardly surprising.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm almost 100% certain this has been posted on ATS before. The date of this article is Sept. 8, 2000.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least these and probably more, close to when this article first appeared.
edit on 3/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What really irks me, is competition is getting demonized as well.
reply to post by FatherStacks

What really irks me are those that still cling to the idea that competition is being demonized....because it most certainly is not. It's the lack of competition...the lack of free markets that is being demonized. It is the absolutely ridiculous concentration of wealth in the hands of so few that is the problem. When 6 people in the US have more wealth than HALF the population....you know theres a problem.

The game has been rigged to favor a very tiny percentage of the population. There is absolutely nothing wrong with competition...there is a huge problem when everything is driven by fraud....so that you cannot compete fairly.

If winning is meaningless, the drive to become great is eroded

If by winning....you mean concentrating the wealth of an entire nation into the hands of a few hundred people and corporations...then yes....winning is meaningless.

Does being a great nation mean that the majority of the population struggle to survive under crushing poverty so that the uber wealthy can buy another yacht or luxury car? Or maybe spend 30 grand having gold leaf applied to their new Mercedes?

If thats the case, then I really think you need revisit what made the US great to begin with.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

How did he score too high on the test? Did he break the donut in half before dunking it?
reply to post by buster2010

LOLZ...nicely played Sir....nicely played.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hypothetical: What if the cop wanted to rise in ranks to become Chief of Police? How dumb.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Wow. Just what we need. Next thing you know, high school diploma will be the maximum education allowed, GED or lower preferred. More brute force, less thought. Investigations cost money. Shoot or bludgeon first, ask questions later.

Soon police dogs will have higher IQs than their handlers.

Cops are also in the top tend jobs showing highest rates of psychopaths.

Psycho Cops

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I will chime in on this one. We had a similar issue a decade or two ago here in Jacksonville with the Sheriff's Office. Same thing, guy tested too high on the IQ and intelligence profile. The reason that I was told in confidence by a Detective working there was they did not want someone that might question the laws, or the interpretation of them. They did not want someone too smart that could cause a lot of problems for the department. They might not enforce laws they disagreed with or let people go and not arrest them because he felt it would be wrong. They want drones out there arresting people. I think everyone has seen police arrest people even though the arrested person had proven the officer was wrong before the arrest. The usual comment is, "I'll let the lawyers or Judge sort it out". Says a lot about who the give a gun too and put out on the street.

Now, this does not mean someone that has spent years studying criminal justice in college and are a graduate from joining the force. These people usually make rank quick and are brass or in robbery/homicide, white collar crimes, etc. where intelligence is actually needed. The general patrol officer out in the streets chasing ordinary criminals doesn't need to be too smart for their own good.

Anyway, that is basically how it was related to me. I think that this is the problem with a lot of brutality. When someone starts questioning what the officer is doing or basing his arrest on and challenging them with intelligence, they respond with violence to shut the person up. You know, I am the authority here, are you a lawyer or something. No? Then don't you dare challenge my decisions.

Just IMHO.

edit on 17/3/14 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Nothing to do with them getting bored. Especially in this economy. Everything to do with wanting average and below average followers.

They cant have police thinking for themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't see the problem here, unless you're a bigoted IQ'ist? Low IQ and high IQ people are all the same, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy this tsunami of progress.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
On the positive side of things, when a person screams "You dumb cops!" they're not being insulting!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

The Court ruled "correctly"- The Court is an agent of the State- which no matter the mask, is ALWAYS just a power-hungry, control-freak monopoly on violence.

Being below average intelligence with violent tendencies that have been focused to serve the State IS the job description for police.
Those with above-average intelligence, but with the same psychological disposition, become judges and politicians (high functioning sociopaths)

edit on 18-3-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Humph, well done mate. Looks like they will be whacking up the fluoride in the water again...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join