It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomnod.com Sighting .... Wtf is this plane doing here? Could this be Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

All good we all get excited sometimes, I have buggered up a few times by excitement, last time it was a polarity of a capacitor in a tv I was repairing and blew a IC chip..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Murgatroid

BalderAsir
Definitely not a 777 nor is it a Malaysian Airlines Aircraft, wrong colour scheme on the tail. It looks like a Go Air or Jet Airways aircraft with that paint scheme around the tail.

BINGO...

The tail paint scheme matches perfectly and Go Air has a large fleet of A320-200's

Nailed it for sure the paint scheme is identical.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is being blown way out of proportion ...

The title of this thread -

"Wtf is this plane doing here? Could this be Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ?"

So someone is looking at satellite photos for the missing plane ...

... and finds a plane.

I have a hammer in my hand ... things that need hammering begin to magically appear ...

edit on 3/19/14 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Looks like some folks did all the hard work already but from the few comparison pics I didn't think they were the same planes either. Case closed.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

SherlockH

... and finds a plane.

I have a hammer in my hand ... things that need hammering begin to magically appear ...

its called checking all avenues. I think the bases of the find was that the time stamps on the satelite imaging matched up with the 4 - 7 hour window of the plane still flying.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

amraks

SherlockH

... and finds a plane.

its called checking all avenues. I think the bases of the find was that the time stamps on the satelite imaging matched up with the 4 - 7 hour window of the plane still flying.

How many planes do you think were flying in that 4 -7 hour window within the range of that aircraft? Thousands?

There are roughly 100,000 commercial flights daily world wide according to some sources I've read. Broken down by hour and then multiplied by a 5 hour window would be roughly 20,000 flights world wide. Given the 777's range I would guess maybe at least 5000 flights - to answer my own question. That of course is an extremely rough estimate but I think it can be reasonably argued to be in the thousands ...

that would equate to a lot of photo analysis ...

IF one could find a 777 silhouette with say smoke trailing from it on along or near the missing planes last flight path then that would be something worth while.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SherlockH

You do realize this is a discussion forum right?

When someone finds something they want to discuss they post it here and we discuss it and sometimes we figure out what the reality is, like this time. Jumping into the thread days after it's been figured out and decrying its existence isn't adding anything to the discussion.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure why the world is so excited about this. It is a plane making its approach for a landing, which is why it is so low. Approximately 4 miles away you will see the plane is lined up for the runway of Veer Savakar International Airport

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Springer

You do realize this is a discussion forum right?

When someone finds something they want to discuss they post it here and we discuss it and sometimes we figure out what the reality is, like this time. Jumping into the thread days after it's been figured out and decrying its existence isn't adding anything to the discussion.

Whatever ... I thought this from the moment I saw the OP (which was just now) ... carry on ...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Congratulations, here you go.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

SherlockH

IF one could find a 777 silhouette with say smoke trailing from it on along or near the missing planes last flight path then that would be something worth while.

Considering this was located within an acceptable radius of the plane's last known sqwauk location, in an acceptable time frame, I think you answered another one of your own questions.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So the premise of this entire thread seemed reasonable to most of you on this page.

Critical thinking skills are not among your strong suits.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

hardly ..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

parad0x122
reply to post by UberL33t

I'm curious of that too, I can't tell if this thing is flying or somehow just..parked in the woods? If the latter...how the F is that even possible without disturbing the surrounding area?

It's fake.A moving plane at 300 to 500 mpg would generate smear or be fuzzy due to motion.this is sharp.

photoshopped.

sad people.attention seekers.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

championoftruth

parad0x122

I'm curious of that too, I can't tell if this thing is flying or somehow just..parked in the woods? If the latter...how the F is that even possible without disturbing the surrounding area?

It's fake.A moving plane at 300 to 500 mpg would generate smear or be fuzzy due to motion.this is sharp.

photoshopped.

Fake? I don't think so ... Wouldn't it depend entirely on how long the exposure of the camera was? You can photograph planes flying above you traveling at cruise speed and altitude without motion blur can you not? It is taken at a distance. Its not like the plane is flying within 50ft of the camera. Aren't you making an assumption you aren't really certain of?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

Okay, than explain this to me: How does a photoshopped image end up in a satellite imagery database that anyone on the internet can log into and see? The images I posted can be verified by logging into the sight yourself, and navigating to that map.

You would've known this had you read the thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

championoftruth

parad0x122

photoshopped.

You know what is sadder, computer illiterate people like yourself who couldn't
have spent all of a few minutes to see not only is it NOT fake, people have determined

where it is,
What it is not,
and what it probably is.

The image is 100% legit from TOMNOD.

The idiocy in your post is astounding,

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The image in this shot is of a plane that is approx. 100 feet long. Flight MH370 is a boeing 777 and is just under 250 feet long.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by optimumsource

Yup, I've read all of the posts. I agree that there's no way this is MH370.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertDeniro

You'll notice the engine cowlings on the included pic show they painted a dark color. Also, I suspect the since the plan is headed North(ish), the light from the Sun was coming onto it from above and mostly behind - leaving the engines in the shadow of the wings. Subsequently, the engine cowlings might not be readily visible in the satellite image.

edit on 2014-3-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Clarification.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join