It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens charged with torturing disabled boy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Two teenage girls are behind bars following allegations that they carried out a campaign of harassment against a mentally-challenged boy including stabbing him, dragging him by the hair and forcing him to engage in sex acts with an animal.

The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office said 17-year-old Lauren Bush and an unnamed 15-year-old girl - both students at Chopticon High School in Morganza, Maryland - recorded the assaults against the autistic 16-year-old victim on their cell phones. Footage shows the suspects force the teen to walk on a partially frozen pond, which resulted in him falling through the ice several times. Each time, police said, the suspects refused to help the boy out of the frigid water.

Sheriff Tim Cameron said that the allegations leveled against the girls are among the most disturbing he has dealt with in his career. He says that several times between December and February, the suspects preyed on the victim – assaulting him with a knife, kicking him in the groin, dragging him by the hair, coercing him to engage in a sex act with an animal, and forcing him to walk on the partially frozen pond. ‘Another video depicts the male on an icy pond being told to continue to walk out further, actually falling in the water several times and pulling himself out,’ said Cameron.

Fox 17 Nashville

What the hell makes someone do something like this to someone. Especially someone like this. This girl is going to get her share in prison im sure..

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

andr3w68
What the hell makes someone do something like this to someone. Especially someone like this.

Kids read that "might makes right" everywhere in the Big Sensationalists Media. They see films about it. Guess what they do. They assume that it mean that the "weak" can be bullied by those who are "fit".

Sure Might Make Right, but so does Love - otherwise no species would be able to reproduce!

edit on 17-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

swanne

Sure Might Make Right, but so does Love - otherwise no species would be able to reproduce!

I wish that more people held this belief. It seems like less and less people want to be helpful or courteous anymore. There are too many people with the "I'm better than you are" attitude.
edit on 17-3-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I know that every generation looks at it's teenagers and thinks that there is little hope for the future, but somehow they grow up and become decent adult human beings. Probably not these girls though.

With all the sadistic teenaged and young adult crimes I've been hearing about in the news lately, it makes me wonder about the future of humanity, of course I'm an old fart now and that's how my aging brain thinks I guess.

However, incidents like this make me believe that, contrary to the 60s and 70s, you just can't trust anyone under 30 these days.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
These are garden variety bullies engaging in typical human behavior. It's just that no one ever slapped some socialization into them.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You know the sad thing about it these are where our future leaders are going to come from.

The generation obviously and not the town in case someone misunderstands what I was saying.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I would say garden variety bullies are quickly becoming the norm and not the exception. I see this as anything but typical behaviour. This borders on psychotic,antisocial . Never when I was a teen would we bully to this extreme. There is a psychosis spreading amongst society,and quite frankly it scares me more than any doomsday scenario.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

AccessDenied

I would say garden variety bullies are quickly becoming the norm and not the exception. I see this as anything but typical behaviour. This borders on psychotic,antisocial . Never when I was a teen would we bully to this extreme. There is a psychosis spreading amongst society,and quite frankly it scares me more than any doomsday scenario.

I was bullied like this as a kid. It's one of two reasons I'm so screwed up now.

Yes, bullies are becoming worse and more common. Our society revels in violence. Look at video games and Hollywood. Violence is glorified.

And where were the parents of this boy? If he is vulnerable they should be watching him.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

However, incidents like this make me believe that, contrary to the 60s and 70s, you just can't trust anyone under 30 these days.

This kind of story is more commonplace these days...or maybe it just seems that way?

I lived through the 60s and 70s and you never really heard anything like this.

Back then, there was an understanding between parents and teachers which doesn't exist any more.

I can only speak for my own country, UK.

I remember at some point in the 1980s when corporal punishment in schools was outlawed.

Things very quickly deteriorated after that.

Make your own minds up.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I absolutely agree. The uptick in this kind of crap came with the abolition of parents and teachers knocking sense into kids.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
These girls are deeply disturbed,obviously.I'd bet these two will need years of psychological help to become close to"normal"
I have to ask,Didn't the autistic boy's parents notice signs of abuse?How could they not?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

TDawg61
These girls are deeply disturbed,obviously.I'd bet these two will need years of psychological help to become close to"normal"
I have to ask,Didn't the autistic boy's parents notice signs of abuse?How could they not?

There is no "normal" for people like this. Either you're compassionate or you're not. You can't counsel someone into having emotions. The only things that might mitigate their attitudes are time and a bit of the b***h, payback.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I can't speak for everyone in my generation (im only 23), but I was only really beat once as a kid, and I think I still turned out alright.

In my opinion, It boils down to a few things.

Money - People in a poor income are subject to more external stressors.

Parenting - Parents seem to be getting lazier, and relying more on others help to raise children, robbing kids of needed parental interaction.

Society - Its just "cool" to be an ### hole.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Parents to busy with themselves to give a crap about their kids. Parents to scared to even spank their child . No supervision at all

Most people do not want to stay home they would rather work to afford a house , raising kids is 2nd or 3rd most important thing Money , my life , then kids .

We are on generation 2 since womens rights movement demanded to enter work force and screwed it up for everyone , no one raising kids , lower wages , less work , all around killed the family unit and forced the situation of two people having to work just to barely make ends meet . seems to be getting worse and worse .

ETA God I am probably gonna get flamed for my comment but that is just how I see it no disrespect to anyone

edit on 17/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes as some of you mentioned, where the hell was this boy's parents or legal guardian?

What the hell is our kids being fed with in today's society? This is down right sickening, yes those girls are mentally ill, they need to seek help.

It's not helpful when kids in today society is fed garbage like justin bieber & miley cyrus, then there is lady gaga. Our standards have fallen, why did we go so wrong?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

andr3w68

Parenting - Parents seem to be getting lazier, and relying more on others help to raise children, robbing kids of needed parental interaction.

Society - Its just "cool" to be an ### hole.

It's not that parents are getting lazier, it's that our rights to raise and discipline our children have been taken away. Ever try to punish a teen and have them say to you that they will just call police and child protective services on you if they don't get their own way? That is the reality of today. Kids have been given rule over the parents and this is the result. As for the parents of the victim...that is definitely laziness or neglect or both. How could all of these instances happen to this boy without their knowledge? Partially to blame IMHO.
As for society, oh heck yes, the more of an idiot you are, the more you are glorified. Tis the age of stupidy, and psychosis.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I agree with you there. Political correctness or not speak your mind.

Edit: whats this world come to when we cant express an opinion or speak our minds without the fear of being flamed

edit on 17-3-2014 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

freedomSlave
Parents to busy with themselves to give a crap about their kids. Parents to scared to even spank their child . No supervision at all

Most people do not want to stay home they would rather work to afford a house , raising kids is 2nd or 3rd most important thing Money , my life , then kids .

We are on generation 2 since womens rights movement demanded to enter work force and screwed it up for everyone , no one raising kids , lower wages , less work , all around killed the family unit and forced the situation of two people having to work just to barely make ends meet . seems to be getting worse and worse .

ETA God I am probably gonna get flamed for my comment but that is just how I see it no disrespect to anyone

edit on 17/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

Yep, you are gonna get flamed. Some of us would not have had to enter the workforce and break up the traditional family unit, if men had been honorable and held up their 50% of that equation. Besides, no idea if this victim or his tormentors came from a single parent household.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I don't mean parents as a whole, rather, I was stating that in cases like this, that seems to me to be what it boils down too. Make sense? (not trying to be rude, just trying to clarify)

As far as the rights of parents being taken away goes, yes, it is a real problem.

However, if your child truly respected you, they wouldn't be doing things like that.

*edit*

to clarify, I do understand its hard to make them respect you without the right to punish them. Another downfall of our current society I'm afraid.
edit on 17-3-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Such actions go beyond a spoiled child. The only kids I've known that are this sociopathic, involve extreme abuse at home, often sexual, but their cores are shattered. Or they're part of a cult, which could also be a generational thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join