It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware: Five new species of armored spiders discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just when the world is just bothered with Putin and a missing plane it seems nothing can get worse, until armored spiders are discovered, arghh!!!

Oh wait they are less than 1 mm and live in caverns over china, still something else to occupy our mind instead of WWIII and MH370.

Armored spiders (Tetrablenmidae) are medium to small arachnid species that derive its name from the complex pattern of covering they have on their abdomen, which is very similar to body armor. These tropical and subtropical spiders are mainly found in soil and leaf litter but the new species were seen inhabiting caves. The cave species has no eyes.

Two of the new species belonging to the genus Tetrablemma have only 4 legs that distinguish them easily from the rest.

Ummm 4 legged and no eyes spiders, i though spiders always had 8 legs and it was a defining characteristic of the class, learning new things everyday, now they will say there are herbivorous spiders ha ha ha (Bagheera kiplingi
)

more at Source

and other link

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Mean looking Muthers…

Look at those retractible poison polyps and their injectors.

Fang me, baby.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
NUKE IT!

Seriously though, if that thing were like a foot long, I would need a change of pants after my encounter with it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andr3w68

LOL i bet if they were a foot long they would be sold as expensive lobsters or some exquisite thing they even have the color

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It would take a man with mightier testes than me to go "fishing" for these.

Nuking spiders is ,in fact, the only use for nuclear arsenals anymore.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I FRIGGIN HATE SPIDERS! Now they get armor? DAMN IT! Screw it lets give them swords too.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It didn't say it only had four legs, it said "...have only 4 legs that distinguish them easily from the rest." .. so there are four legs that are distinguishably different from another similar species.. at least that's how it read to me.

new topics

top topics

join