It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's deputy economy minister "country's economy is in crisis"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Yusomad

SubTruth

Yusomad
reply to post by SubTruth

Maybe in your world, the US is the only superpower(I use capitals for it because it looks like a group of people when I just type us(we)but if you find irony in that, fine, simple people have simple ends). But, plase keep peddling that "US is the only superpower by definition" Im sure china, russia, and few other countries would like you to take your head off the bottom of your back but meh...

Mods I am sure this is a little over the line.
edit on 18-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

The US the only superpower...

The United States is capable of fighting three simultaneous wars spread out across the globe. In fact, in the past ten years alone it overthrew the Afghan government and destroyed Iraq. Neither of these states is even in the same hemisphere as America. Russia beat up on tiny Georgia, one of its nearest neighbors. Which sounds more like a superpower to you?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

DJW001

Yusomad

SubTruth

Yusomad

Maybe in your world, the US is the only superpower(I use capitals for it because it looks like a group of people when I just type us(we)but if you find irony in that, fine, simple people have simple ends). But, plase keep peddling that "US is the only superpower by definition" Im sure china, russia, and few other countries would like you to take your head off the bottom of your back but meh...

The United States is capable of fighting three simultaneous wars spread out across the globe. In fact, in the past ten years alone it overthrew the Afghan government and destroyed Iraq. Neither of these states is even in the same hemisphere as America. Russia beat up on tiny Georgia, one of its nearest neighbors. Which sounds more like a superpower to you?

Its good to see you show your real colors, not that anyone had doubts but...
At least we can agree, the US illegally toppled the democratically elected leaders of many countries. See thats a step forward, now lets see if we can erradicate a bit more of the ignorance.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Yusomad

DJW001

Yusomad

SubTruth

Yusomad

At least we can agree, the US illegally toppled the democratically elected leaders of many countries. See thats a step forward, now lets see if we can erradicate a bit more of the ignorance.

Saddam Hussein was not a democratically elected leader. But at least we agree that Russia is not even in the same league as the United States.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yusomad

If you add the 2nd through 17th largest navies in the world together (this would include both china and russia BTW) they are almost as large as the US navy.=Super Power

No other nation even has one aircraft carrier close to the size power and capability of the US Nimitz class Super carrier, the US has 11.=Super Power

No other nation on earth has a stealth fighter or bomber, the US has 20 B-2 stealth bombers, 59 F-117 stealth fighters, 187 F-ss raptors and they are still building the F-35 fleet.=Super power

Was that enough or do you need more reasons why America is a "Super Power" and russia and china are not?

I could go on like this all day, russia and china together dont even come close to the US in total power, finacialy, politically and militarily.

Not to mention the US is soon be in the top 2 producers of oil and is the top producer of natural gas.

I mean there are honestly hundreds of examples why the US is far and away beyond these other countries.

Can you even name 3 reasons why you think these other countries are so much better than the US?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Yusomad

DJW001

Yusomad

SubTruth

Yusomad

The ignorance is on your part man. This is not a thread discussing the legality of America's invasions. Your trying to derail because this is an argument you cant win with facts.

Stick the facts......

Does it matter if it is or isnt illegal, when we arent discussing legality but actual ability?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

You fail to understand that maintaining a global empire requires maintaining logistics. The USA very foundation rests on sustaining economic growth. It is already clear that disparity is grossly expanded inside of the US. In order to maintain such a massive military, the American people pay the price. How long will this last? Will the American police state keep expanding unabated to public unrest when "democracy" unveils itself as hegemonial imperialism?

It won't last. And besides, the doctrine of military power as global primacy is an obsolete discourse. The modern doctrine dictates that nations who control the accumulation, production and distribution of resources as the primary objective for global primacy. In fact, a large military is counter-intuitive to this very concept.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Vovin
reply to post by oblvion

You fail to understand that maintaining a global empire requires maintaining logistics. The USA very foundation rests on sustaining economic growth. It is already clear that disparity is grossly expanded inside of the US. In order to maintain such a massive military, the American people pay the price. How long will this last? Will the American police state keep expanding unabated to public unrest when "democracy" unveils itself as hegemonial imperialism?

It won't last. And besides, the doctrine of military power as global primacy is an obsolete discourse. The modern doctrine dictates that nations who control the accumulation, production and distribution of resources as the primary objective for global primacy. In fact, a large military is counter-intuitive to this very concept.

Wrong. It is military power that allows one to acquire and control resources. It has been this way since the dawn of time.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

DJW001
Saddam Hussein was not a democratically elected leader. But at least we agree that Russia is not even in the same league as the United States.

See you are right there, it was imposed by rumsfeld, reagan & co. But I guess you dont want to read this right?

Oh now that I remember, that must be before or after the russian stock market recovered? Was that yesterday? Because as of 5 hours ago its rising...
edit on 2014u42201403pm18 by Yusomad because: mistaken reagan for bush

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

No that is not necessarily true now. Deals to produce and export resources are not conducted under military dominance, but typically under neoliberal entanglement.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Vovin
reply to post by DJW001

No that is not necessarily true now. Deals to produce and export resources are not conducted under military dominance, but typically under neoliberal entanglement.

Yes, until it becomes inconvenient. Then, it becomes regime change time. I assume Vladimir Illych is prepared for regime change.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The coup forces have threatened to destroy Russian oil pipelines. This would benefit the USA big time (but not so much the EU). How much military force has the US deployed in Ukraine to achieve this?

RT report
edit on 18-3-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join