It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antichrist Revealed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
...and his name is Putin.

Slightly tongue-in-cheek, but if you apply the common attributes of an antichrist, Putin certainly fits the mold quite well: Popular, demagogue, revitalizing a slumped empire, becoming suddenly aggressive on the world stage after years of being benign.

But more prescient is how Putin's actions fit almost to a T what happened in history leading up to both WWI and WWII. The world dives into a festering recession/depression that never cures evenly; old alliances begin to shake and shatter as a country defeated in a previous war begins a resurgence on the world stage.
SO
Now Russia (like Germany before it) looks to be successfully annexing a neighboring SOVEREIGN nation (Regardless of votes, ya'll, Ukraine is still supposed to be independent). And the world is providing a weak response.

And unlike in the past, America is now the has-been world power. We don't even have the forces in Europe anymore to counter Russian aggression effectively. And now the EU is facing a power vacuum being eagerly filled by Russia, who sees us as a neutered dog, unable to stop his adventures.

Welcome, folks, to WWIII.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wasn't Bush, Osama, Sadam, Stalin, Obama, Hittler, Gadaffi, Bill gates, Justin Beiber, the pope (all), the queen and so on before Putin?

Every year there is at least one

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

If you really think Putin stands a chance against Obama, you are severely mistaken. Xi Jinping can't defeat the U.S. either. Only the International money-lenders can bring down America, should they choose to. Just my opinion though...

ETA: I sincerely doubt Putin is the Anti-Christ, as that would put an unfair amount of stock into just one of the worlds many ridiculous religions. Folktales. Myths. Legends. Whatever. Also as Nugget1 pointed out, Putin simply does not fit the bill.
edit on 3 17 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Wasn't on topic at all

edit on 3 17 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Giving credit where credit is due.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The antichrist is supposed to appear with a solution to the worlds problems. He will be charismatic- loved by ALL. Putin doesn't even come close to the description.
If you were to poll everybody on the planet, I'm guessing our POTUS would win, although he doesn't fit the criteria, either. He does, however, come closer than Putin.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Anti-Christ will have a World Army, that's NATO buddy, not Putin.

Under Putin Russian Christian Orthodox Church is thriving.

Before making a thread, inform yourself, rather than make a thread and wait for us to inform you.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
its funny, for the longest time the protestants thought the catholics were the antichrist and the cathilics thought the protestants were the anticrist

then nazi germany happened
about half n half protestant and catholic
so..
to find the next antichrist look for the biggest following of christians....led by something created by the bankers
ohhh look
its Israel

aipac runs the nato countries
edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago16 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

say what if its Auntie christ?
shouldn't there be some rightous babes on that list...?
mother teresa comes to mind
edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago49 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"Antichrist" is not a synonym for "bad".

While I do not believe in the Christian mythology of - well any of it - Putin does not fit the Christian description of the Antichrist.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Slightly tongue-in-cheek…

How can a single man have 7 heads and ten horns?

This symbology implies that the "beast" is an agency, government or power base. The "7 heads" are multiple rulers presiding over that, not a single human being.

Just my interpretation.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They are probably here already in the forms of some misled egotists controlling things, preventing ''Christ = Saviour'' from 'saving', ie ''anti=against'', 'against the saviour'.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Danbones
its funny, for the longest time the protestants thought the catholics were the antichrist and the cathilics thought the protestants were the anticrist

then nazi germany happened
about half n half protestant and catholic
so..
to find the next antichrist look for the biggest following of christians....led by something created by the bankers
ohhh look
its Israel

aipac runs the nato countries
edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago16 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

say what if its Auntie christ?
shouldn't there be some rightous babes on that list...?
mother teresa comes to mind
edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Monam3b20143America/Chicago49 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

The interesting thing about Holy wars and animosities is that most of the ongoing conflicts are WITHIN the given religious faith.

Christianity: Catholic v. Eastern Orthodox. Catholic v. Protestant. Protestant Sect v. Protestant v. Sect.

Islam: Sunni v. Shia. Wahhbist v. The rest of Islam.

Only when the entire faith is challenged do they lay their internal strife down for a while.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It has occurred to me that the quickest way to destroy the Antichrist is to treat it as though it doesn't or can't exist. If people weren't so hell bent on Jesus solving their problems for them, we wouldn't have to worry about being tricked. So how about this: if you think someone is the Antichrist, treat them like an average person. Because only YOU can give them the power to be more than that.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Sorry but most all of this is bunk. If Hillary Clinton wants you to believe there's a similar aspect to this as there was prior to WW2 then you know it's bunk. And not to sound nationalistic, because it's really not intended that way, but Russia is a two bit military power and couldn't come close to matching the power the US can throw it it or pretty much any aggressor. I'm talking raw power of a military machine that's funded like no other military or even combined militaries. If the true capabilities of US might needed to be exhibited, vs that used in small conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, the results would be devastating. The Russians would look like they're still fighting WW2 in comparison.

Now let's hope for everyone's sake, it doesn't get anywhere near that.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Indigent
Wasn't Bush, Osama, Sadam, Stalin, Obama, Hittler, Gadaffi, Bill gates, Justin Beiber, the pope (all), the queen and so on before Putin?

Every year there is at least one
Justin Beiber I can believe

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Most of you glossed over the fact that I did say my comparison of Putin to the Antichrist was "tongue-in-cheek."

What is not tongue-in-cheek is the state of the world today compared to the state of the world in the run-ups to WWI and WWII. For those of you who believe we could quickly respond and counter Russia today are in the dark as to exactly where we're deployed. Europe isn't our military focus. Hasn't been in a long time. If Russia decides to march into other EU countries, it could pretty much do it without us being able to militarily stop it short of threatening a nuclear option.

And I'm shocked at how quickly people on here came to Putin's defense, or downplayed his ability to wreck real havoc on the world' stage.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

nugget1
The antichrist is supposed to appear with a solution to the worlds problems. He will be charismatic- loved by ALL.

When people around the world were hailing Obama as the messiah/world savior .. and they were ... I was concerned. But thankfully most people woke up from that and can see that he's just another typical politician. I don't see anyone on the world scene at the moment who would fit the anti-christ description.

Putin doesn't even come close to the description.

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

behindthescenes
Most of you glossed over the fact that I did say my comparison of Putin to the Antichrist was "tongue-in-cheek."

What is not tongue-in-cheek is the state of the world today compared to the state of the world in the run-ups to WWI and WWII. For those of you who believe we could quickly respond and counter Russia today are in the dark as to exactly where we're deployed. Europe isn't our military focus. Hasn't been in a long time. If Russia decides to march into other EU countries, it could pretty much do it without us being able to militarily stop it short of threatening a nuclear option.

And I'm shocked at how quickly people on here came to Putin's defense, or downplayed his ability to wreck real havoc on the world' stage.
Not defending Putin and didn't comment on the AC issue. However it's clear this scenario has been staged from both sides. So I don't believe there's risk of what you suggest, unless of course that's also part of the general plan. Russia could not maintain control of any nation where the people are not in agreement of being incorporated into the Russian hegemony. They're not only broke, they don't have the manpower to do so effectively. Keeping Russia as the boogieman only serves the bankers and military industrial complex everywhere. It keeps money flowing to Russia, via higher energy costs in the Euro Zone, and enables them to continue to pay their debts to the banks. That's all anyone cares about. If Russia were to go into a financial tailspin, it would have sweeping ramifications all over the globe. Now this all might get out of hand as China appears to be the next issue as their banks are defaulting at an alarming rate.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Leonidas
"Antichrist" is not a synonym for "bad".

While I do not believe in the Christian mythology of - well any of it - Putin does not fit the Christian description of the Antichrist.

You are correct, the actual meaning of antichrist is one who is against Christ (Jesus of Nazareth, bar Joseph, son of Joseph). So Bill Mahr fits the description much more than Putin. Putin has allowed Christianity to re-flourish in Russia. Guess he liked the part of the New Testament that says people should pay their taxes and obey their government.

I do believe in Christ, but you are correct Putin does not fit the bill, and neither does Obama. Obama is not universally loved or respected, he is seen as weak overseas, and around 40%+ of Americans loathe him, which is why he persecutes them with the IRS etc.

If you were tongue in cheek about Putin wreaking havoc, I don't think so. We have a Russian exchange student living with our daughter. The Russians have no illusions about Putin and have had the lessons of WWII drilled into them. They are even all required to learn German, "the language of the enemy."
edit on 17-3-2014 by grandmakdw because: make the purpose of the OP clearer

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't believe a single reply is 'defending' Putin in any way. Just pointing out that your view of the antichrist is not considering the description we have been given of the antichrist. Your 'guess' is based on.......nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

intrptr

Slightly tongue-in-cheek…

How can a single man have 7 heads and ten horns?

This symbology implies that the "beast" is an agency, government or power base. The "7 heads" are multiple rulers presiding over that, not a single human being.

Just my interpretation.

Googles quantum computers seem like promising candidate for the beast (the antichrist has been around since jesus was here), some kind of beast "like no other beast before it" makes me think computer A.I. . My interpretation.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Acidx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Bilk22

Sorry but most all of this is bunk. If Hillary Clinton wants you to believe there's a similar aspect to this as there was prior to WW2 then you know it's bunk. And not to sound nationalistic, because it's really not intended that way, but Russia is a two bit military power and couldn't come close to matching the power the US can throw it it or pretty much any aggressor. I'm talking raw power of a military machine that's funded like no other military or even combined militaries. If the true capabilities of US might needed to be exhibited, vs that used in small conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, the results would be devastating. The Russians would look like they're still fighting WW2 in comparison.

Now let's hope for everyone's sake, it doesn't get anywhere near that.

There is a good chance that there will be a major war soon involving NATO, Russia, China.

Why? The world economies are rapidly falling apart. The US is the best example of what all these governments are doing - spending money they don't have at alarming rates, printing "money" out of thin air, making it worthless.

Which if the economies fall will lead to massive world wide rebellion, revolution, throwing TPTB out on their respective bums.

Can't let that happen the people in power say - so what is the solution? - what has historically been the solution? - a major war involving everyone.

Oh yeah, a side benefit, we need to reduce population size due to advances in robotics and 3D printing putting 70% out of work, need to get rid of them too. The solution? a major war involving everyone. All we have to do is convince "the little people" to go along with it.
How, well we can use radical Islam by allowing them to flourish and not allowing anyone to criticize it or stop it, in effect demonizing Islam in the process. Oh sh-t, that isn't working.
So now what, Russia was the big bad bear, so get people upset about them re-annexing russian speaking people back into russia. Doesn't seem to be working.
We can't reduce the population and solve economic problems without a world war - so - think TPTB - think - how about stealing a big plane then turning it into a big bomb and crashing it somewhere (that will get the little people's attention). Who to blame it on, where to have the war? Not China says China we have all those empty cities to fill with refugees, not Russia balks Putin, the US had their turn in 2001. So, hell Obama is weak, lets convince him and their media is the best at propaganda. Where to have the war???? We are sick of the Arabs playing God with their oil and now we have enough on our own soil(s) through new technology, let's do it there. (Anyway, my put the pieces together scenario - tongue in cheek but the pieces fall into place scenario - is much more plausible than a Russian inspired WWIII) But, there will be a WWIII to protect the interests of TPTB (the powers that be)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join