It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell: Assuming they crashed here, was it intentional?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Yes, this is what I suspect. It crashed conveniently near the only base capable of delivering nuclear bombs. I think they might have been trying to send a message to someone, like 'We're here' ???????????????????

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The radar theory brings to mind the plot from the 50s film "Earth Vs The Flying Saucers" where they bring down the invading ships using an advanced radar system. It's called in the film "Operation Skyhook". Interesting coincidence.

(In fact on a side note there is a very interesting book titled "Hollywood Vs. The Aliens" by Bruce Rux where he presents his theory that the US government has for decades been providing actual UFO incidents to film makers to acclimate the public to an alien presence. Actually that might be a topic for another thread in itself, if there isn't one already.)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

swanne
reply to post by Unity_99

Maybe they want us to think the craft was carrying ETs... maybe it was carrying a secret project which failed.

This is something which I came across once:

news.cnet.com...

Roswell 'was plane full of alienlike children sent by Stalin'
A new book called "Area 51" suggests that the flying object that crashed at Roswell wasn't full of aliens, but alienlike children. The flight was allegedly intended to cause panic in the U.S.

At this point, this theory is as probable than anything else, I guess. The coffins for the "ETs" were after all the size of children...

If intended to cause panic in the U.S., why crash in BFN New Mexico instead of Times Square?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Good questions....

I doubt it was intentional. For one, why wouldn't they just crash an unmanned ship? There were reports that alien bodies (one alive, even?) were found at the site. Unless their morals/ethics are extremely different than ours, they wouldn't kill their own kind for no apparent reason.

Another thought, if they wanted us to have this technology, why not just give it to us? Why give their tech to us by crashing it into the ground?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

thesearchfortruth
I doubt it was intentional. For one, why wouldn't they just crash an unmanned ship?

Time travel doesn't work without consciousness because it involves having an observer shift their frame of reference -- basically imagining something so strongly that it becomes real. You need a ship (consciousness amplifier) and a pilot or pilots.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If it did happen, I'd expect an intentional visitation to feature a landing rather than a crash.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Annunak1
I'm sure our planet has got a " ENTER AT OWN RISK " rating from other space visitors that have been here. Humans as a race are unstable, aggressive, and self destroying.

About the Roswell incident i don't know what happened. It seems unlikely they would've crashed but hey maybe the aliens had a few drinks to much who knows. MAybe the US military thought it was an enemy drone and took it down. Poor visitors though. If i remember correct they found 1 dead and the other badly wounded.

Yet these ADVANCED races that can travel the cosmos fear us some logic that is

edit on 18-3-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

thesearchfortruth

I doubt it was intentional. For one, why wouldn't they just crash an unmanned ship? There were reports that alien bodies (one alive, even?) were found at the site. Unless their morals/ethics are extremely different than ours, they wouldn't kill their own kind for no apparent reason.

Another thought, if they wanted us to have this technology, why not just give it to us? Why give their tech to us by crashing it into the ground?

Not to pick on the above just gives me an opportunity to make these points.

I personally entertain the theory that it could have been intentional. Not sure what weight to put to it but that was the conclusion of an RV session also (can't recall who it was).

Morals and ethics we can't even begin to guess at, how do we know it was their own kind, or even alive or dead within our understanding of those words.

Why not give the tech to us - again we can only guess at purpose, suffice to say that the situation of finding a supposed crashed vehicle with occupants suited whatever consciousness was behind it.

The OP's question presupposes physical recovery and bodies, if that did really occur then you can list a dozen pretty significant outcomes that resulted, question is whether they were intentional.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Vaedur
Let's start off by assuming that a UFO crashed at Roswell. I'm not saying I believe it happened, I'm not asking if one did. This is more of a "What if it did" thought. So, assuming we got one of their UFO's, could it have been given to us on purpose. Was it a way for us to be able a) Digest What we found on our own time. b) To make us technologically ready to enter the intergalactic community (yeah I chuckled a bit at that one myself. or c) enslave us all via our own stupidity.

Would that mean we were visited by different alien races? One who wanted to enslave us (the Egyptian aliens) and maybe ones who wanted to free us (who ever stopped the Egyptian ones), and ones who wanted to enlighten us (Roswell).

Had to type this quickly, sorry for the poor grammar and random thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Also, would they place signs outside our planet that read "extremely hostile, avoid at all costs!".
edit on 17-3-2014 by Vaedur because: English is not my native language. Gibberish is.

Wow! Alien suicide?
I never would had guessed … Vince Foster was an alien?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Interesting discussion... hard to glean any facts, though, but educated opinions are fairly easy.

The Roswell crash did happen... and it was some unearthly tech. If you do the leg, eye and finger work, that's pretty much a given, but always there is the attached "maybe," though in this particular case, the 'maybe' is quite weak. The likeliest explanation is a universe teaming with life and some of it reached us with their tech they've been developing for who-knows-how-long. I personally think they've been around Sol system for a long time and still are... but onward.

Now, accident or intentional... or a combo? I'd think advanced tech ET's would be pretty accident proof, but things happen... so an accident is just as likely, or likelier, than some subterfuge-laden-human-psyche-sort-of-Machiavellian-type-fake-crash to give us tech.

Some lore says it was our new, powerful RADARs that grounded them... that seems pretty weak and based on our current knowledge of tech, but again, who knows? Lightening? Again, doubtful... but for all we know, the local Indian spirit/god smote them from the sky, heh.

A fight between our zookeepers and a freedom loving ET group? Maybe, since there does seem to be more than one species zipping around. But fighting also seems pretty Earth Ape centric and far flung galactic civs with incredible power at their disposal and near infinite resources might have moved beyond such power games.

But the whys and hows aside, the "almost" fact of other civilizations from the stars (and who knows where/when else) interacting with us is pretty loaded with mind-boggling implications.

No wonder people go off the deep end once this is realized... the officials lied about Roswell and subsequent other events... so what else are they hiding? How deep is the rabbit hole/looking glass? And thus this site and the obsessive search for some truth.

So sorry about stating the obvious... but the bare-bone facts of "UFOlogy" are intriguing and create so much fodder for the imagination that brief discussions become too tangential ... at least in my cluttered mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Blueshift... interesting Time Travel Theory and stated with such authority, heh, and to add confusion, perfectly possible. Though my own mind's timeline is pretty darned clear and linear... at least with cultural touchstones and trivia.

That's the rub w/ UFOlogy... near magical seeming tech (and really, magik mind/matter interaction is also possible and opens more doors) makes figuring it out a seemingly longer-than-life enterprise.

No wonder the channelers and contactees claiming that they've asked the ETs what's going on and got (an) answer(s) are so popular.

But, really, the only certainties with ET is that they (highly probably) know more than we do and have a much larger perspective on everything... and beyond that, any religious associations and/or inferiority complexes are in our collective heads.

With higher tech and more knowledge about this universe (and other universes along with other 'dimensions,' etc.), truly, anything is at least possible. And it sure seems they are revealing themselves in increments and it makes sense to gradually acclimate us to their existence... and this indicates less of a nefarious nature and more of a benevolent, patient nature... I hope.

The overflights of D.C. (and everywhere else) in the early '50's, Belgium in the '80's and in AZ in '97 were pretty big announcements... and all the individual drive-bys and abductions, before and since, do indicate a program of general acclimation at the least.

But many of us know "They" are here... now we wanna know who and what 'They' are and why the fuss over little 'ol us?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

thesearchfortruth
reply to post by Vaedur

Good questions....

I doubt it was intentional. For one, why wouldn't they just crash an unmanned ship? There were reports that alien bodies (one alive, even?) were found at the site. Unless their morals/ethics are extremely different than ours, they wouldn't kill their own kind for no apparent reason....

Great Point.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hello ATS users. I have been following the threads here for nearly 6 years. Saw strange lights in sky in Singapore around Bedok reservoir area today. Tried to get video but it was all black and white as I tried with my phone camers. It was some circular object with blinking Blue and Red lights with blinking rate varying. NOt sure what it was. Anyone else who saw it and captured any good videos?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I like to think it was accidental, perhaps carelessness...
Why?
IMHO, I think they were on contact with earths previous civilizations, then the EBE's went on a hiatus, came back and saw a very different world, how could they ever know that the previous empires fell and a new technological, economic, militaristic empires starting swarming the planet?
Like the above poster said, they got caught with their pants down.
I like to think that there is a vast community of Beings everywhere, but operate in a whole different wavelength we are not familiar yet, which could mean why we haven't detected anything yet, OR HAVE ITS JUST SUPPRESSED...
--
A lot of posters here on ATS, when asked about Humanity in general would say we are a violent, unstable, warring race...truth is, we can't always go with that assumption.
We are not as bad as we seem, there are initiatives and programs that help out a lot of people. I'm sure some alien being see's that.
Humanity is a warrior race, its in our blood to fight and perhaps our greatest strength and if we can look past our own civil bickering, we can fight those that need help, fight the REAL threats of our galaxy. People do fight for good, for freedom, for justice. Maybe one day an alien being would want our help in an endeavor that would have need for our fighting capacity.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

Transistors -> Computers -> Smartphones --> Surveillance grid --> enslavement. Was my line of thinking.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

conundrummer
If it did happen, I'd expect an intentional visitation to feature a landing rather than a crash.

A retired CEO from Lockheed Martin said that he knows the fighter pilot that shot down the craft.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Okay, just a couple points I'd like to make. first off: "Oh, you know those humans down there? Yeah, I was thinking about giving them our ship" "Oh, okay, where do you want me to land?" "Land? No, no, old boy, we're crashing" "..."
Doesn't make much sense to me, either.
As for radar/lightning being the cause, How exactly would radar interfere with their ships? As for lightning, it depends on whether or not hey have lightning on their home planet. If so, then one can discount lightning, if not, then its certainly credible.
Slightly off topic: my own personal theory is that UFO cases up to Roswell, maybe a bit further, were authentic, but as we gathered more and more tech (i.e Roswell) and figured it out, that kicked off the computer age AND, imho, most cases after Roswell are human in origin. (you can't tell me the military didn't jump all over the chance to rebuild/reverse engineer their spacecraft. But then again, it all depends on if they were successful in that endeavor or not, which I am inclined to believe that they were.)
edit on 19-3-2014 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't really get the idea that radar caused the craft to crash. A ship that could be brought down by a radio signal ping really has no business flying around in space, where all sorts of radiological phenomena exist.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wether they be Aliens or Humans or any other form

I don't think anyone would CRASH intentionally......

Riouz

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Vaedur

thesearchfortruth
reply to post by Vaedur

Good questions....

I doubt it was intentional. For one, why wouldn't they just crash an unmanned ship? There were reports that alien bodies (one alive, even?) were found at the site. Unless their morals/ethics are extremely different than ours, they wouldn't kill their own kind for no apparent reason....

Great Point.

Seriously ?

First off it isn't even a logical argument. If it was intentional then obviously it wasn't for no apparent reason.

Secondly can you think of any circumstances where humans have been sacrificed for a greater good ?

Exactly, which means their morals don't have to be any different to ours.

Not that they need to have morals at all, or that any bodies found were of their own kind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join