It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Calls Up Troops After Crimea Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
yahoo

This is getting scary now... one little spark and it all kicks off....

Ukraine's parliament has approved a partial mobilisation of troops following Crimea's referendum supporting a union with Russia.
It said 20,000 troops reserve troops were being called up, plus 20,000 more from the National Guard.
Crimea's regional assembly has already formally applied to join Russia and announced the nationalisation of all Ukrainian state property, including the disbanding of military bases on the peninsula.
"The republic of Crimea appeals to the United Nations and to all countries of the world to recognise it as an independent state," read a document by the Crimean assembly on Monday.

I think this has all been planned out for a while..... Putin doesn't do anything lightly and he would never make a move unless he knew with certainty that his moves would be successful and so far they have been...

what do you guys think? is this referendum Legit or is it all a big show to keep our eyes from looking at the big picture?

I can't remember a time in my life when things have looked this bad but then again i only popped into existence 27yrs ago..... are things really as bad as i think or am i being a drama queen with a beautiful tinfoil tiara ?

edit on 17/3/2014 by Ph03n1x because: Update

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Links not working?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The problem for the illegitimate Government in Kiev, is that they do not know if the army will obey them. The Military Brass have no idea if the troops will do what they are told.

Very sticky for them.

P

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

majestic3
Links not working?

thanks for letting me know, all fixed now

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Id say most of the Ukraine reserves were already gathered and prepared.
Why would you let it go this long?

just more chest thumping.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Good, get those fatties excercising, after all its US and EU money paying them.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Its honesty really hard to say what will happen next because Mr Putin holds all the cards really. There is no way the Ukraine can hope to fight Russia and win on its own.

Everyone else is kind of kicking up dirt around the circle but nobody seems game to get in the ring and provoke the bull as it were. I wait with baited breath to see what happens next, but so far its looking like Putin has just made a land grab pretty much unopposed.

Will he stop at Crimea? That is the million dollar and potentially war starting question

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

shappy

So many new pro-russian posters it is hard to keep up these days. What do you think of ATS,it is a great place to spread the word.

Could you provide some proof about what you said? Readers watch Vice news and make up your own minds about what the truth really is.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

SubTruth

shappy

So many new pro-russian posters it is hard to keep up these days. What do you think of ATS,it is a great place to spread the word.

Could you provide some proof about what you said? Readers watch Vice news and make up your own minds about what the truth really is.

Im pro common sense and not so much hysterical knee jerking overhyping and hyperbol.

Unlike you I do respect other peoples opinions that can and are different to my own. I however prefer to argue my case with facts not fiction. Probably the academic in me.
edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shappy

Well after this all blows over hopefully I look forward to seeing all you new posters really settling into ATS.......LOL. I am sorry but after the health care debate it is so easy to see it now.
edit on 17-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think they should just cut their losses and sort out where the new countries boarders will be.
It is clear the west will not help If war breaks out and seeing that the polls have spoken (not to sure If it is rigged or not tbh) to avoid any blood shed just let the Bear and the people have what they want.

Lets face it Russia has won and to the spoils the victor.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by shappy

Well after this all blows over hopefully I look forward to seeing all you new posters really settling into ATS.......LOL. I am sorry but after the health care debate it is so easy to see now.

If it blows up, I assume you will be first in line to defend your democracy and freedoms, no?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

shappy

SubTruth
reply to post by shappy

Well after this all blows over hopefully I look forward to seeing all you new posters really settling into ATS.......LOL. I am sorry but after the health care debate it is so easy to see now.

If it blows up, I assume you will be first in line to defend your democracy and freedoms, no?

Your kinda proving my point for me......thanks. Members and readers take a good hard look and see the truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I wonder...how many Ukraine troops will really fight aganst Russia.....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

SubTruth

shappy

SubTruth
reply to post by shappy

Your kinda proving my point for me......thanks. Members and readers take a good hard look and see the truth.

Proves what point? I live in a Neutral non NATO country, we don't want NATO and the problems it brings.

If we were not neutral we would have no country left after the last world wars.

We're doing just fine by ourselves, we don't stop our citizens fighting in foreign armies, they are welcome to do so under specific rules.

If you are strong to your convictions I expect people who are that strongly opiniated to back up their convictions by action. So far I see none of that except hyperbole, fiction and dramatising. You are welcome also to do that too, but honestly, it is just that.

I see this from neutral eyes, not pro or against anything. Well, except pro peace of course and calm and common sense.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

ressiv
I wonder...how many Ukraine troops will really fight aganst Russia.....

Not many. I do believe they will accept external forces signing up, so people on here are welcome to go defend Ukraine by signing up. I am sure they won't say no.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I get the feeling that Putin is aware that NATO can't do Jack without inciting a civil war in Ukraine and if that starts it's only a matter of time before it escalates to a full blown international conflict

i think the collective leaders of NATO know that is not a scenario that is going to end well for either side, which in turn may cause them to back off.

if it does escalate further towards open conflict we are all screwed.... regardless of if you are European, Russian or any other nationality.. there will be no escaping it once that big Russian bear decides it doesn't want to play nice anymore.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think the West is rooting for a civil war........I think the whole shebang was set to destroy the Russian pipelines across Ukraine....
That would make the mideasts LNG much more in demand and valuable.....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

It's because you just made your account, you have like 90 posts and never started a thread. Can you say, propagandist? I wonder who it is that you work for.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well we know Russia does not currently have the ability to invade and occupy the rest of Ukraine. Even without Western help. Ukraine also does not currently have the ability to remove Russia from the Crimea without help. The problem for Russia is that until this is settled its economy is going to be in tail spin. NATO of course has military ability to remove Russia from the Crimea but, they will not bother because they have Russia in a vice. They can slowly bleed Russia's economy, further isolate it, gain even more members of NATO and watch a instablility begins to destroy Russia from within. And they can do this all being cheered on by the rest of the world because Russia is so backwards when it comes to international diplomacy. All Russia can do is look for a face saving way to get out of this, something the West has left open for them.

top topics

join