It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Roger Leir, researcher of alleged alien implants, dies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

skyblueworld
This is a shame, I remember the footage from Turkey of a UFO caused quite a stir on here, with people claiming fake fake fake.

Like some previous posters have mentioned, I wonder too where the implants he pulled out have gone?

WTF, why is the Turkey UFO relevent her ? Did he pull it out of someones ear or something ?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Flim flam man, con artist, huckster, liar. This man was more dangerous than your average UFO believer, he was cutting into real humans. Ufology is way better off with out him.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Jack Jouett because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Can someone tell me what they might be if they're NOT implants?

I don't think anyone knows for sure as test results for the implants are hard to find , I did however find this which raised an eyebrow ...

The implants Two series of tests have been performed in 1998 under the direction of NIDS, more precisely of Colonel John Alexander who was a prominent member of its team of scientific advisers (Colonel Alexander had a long career in secret military studies, notably at Los Alamos National Laboratory). hey were performed first at Los Alamos National Laboratory and later at New Mexico Tech. In his book, his articles and conferences, Roger Leir mentions studies made in other laboratories, but the precise results have not been published yet. We first have the results of the analysis done at New Mexico Tech in 1996, paid by NIDS and published on its web site, at : www.nidsci.org...

There's that name again

This is all I can find on actual analysis of an implant...

we have the " letter of opinion " of the metallurgist engineer who did the tests, Mr Paul A. Fuierer. It is not on the NIDS site, but it is reproduced by Dr Roger Leir in his book, with his comments, and on his own web site, at : alienscalpel.com... It seems important to signal here that this metallusrgist gave in fact two successive opinions. When he gave the first one, he had not been informed at all of the origin of the fragment. He expressed the opinion that its metallic components were similar to those found in meteorites. When he received this first letter of opinion, Dr Leir was so surprised that he called the metallurgist and informed him that the fragment had been extracted from a human body. Mr Fuierer, who is known to be a skeptic regarding ufos, gave then an additionnal opinion. He stated that an iron-silver mixture imbedded into the body could cause a calcification reaction, with a resulting material comparable to ceramic materials used in medecine and dentistry. But Dr Leir notes in his book that such materials are no longer in use because they produce a " tremendous inflammatory reaction ". However, none of the implants had produced such a reaction. The metallurgist did not know that, and he did not know either that "a strange, gray, dense biological membrane covered the specimens. Last of all, there was no evidence of a portal of entry " (p. 170 of Dr Leir’s book).

And more from NIDS...

As for the analyses done at Los Alamos, it seems that they are presented, rather briefly, and only in the book of Dr Leir, which he published on his own initiative. It is important to stress here that, in the initial agreement between NIDS and the Leir-Sims team, it was understood that NIDS would publish a scientific article (according to Leir in his book). But instead of that, in 1996 they pushed Leir to publish rapidly an article in the Mufon UFO Journal (see p 175 of the book)

Here's the source , it's not an easy read due to the lack of formatting but I find the NIDS involvement interesting.
www.hwh22.it...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

DenyFlatulence

Just out of curiosity. How does one refute hard physical evidence like this??

By quoting statements like this:

DenyFlatulence

I'm not saying it can be proven that these implants are from ET's necessarily.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
And from a podiatry website:

Foreign Body Removal Foreign bodies embedded in the foot are common in podiatry. The patient may or may not recall the incident. There are number of objects that can penetrate the skin of the foot causing an embedded foreign body. The most common foreign body to penetrate the foot is a sewing needle. There are other materials that can cause foreign body injury to the foot including; toothpicks, glass shards, metal shavings, cloth fibers, hair, and sand or silica. Most anything that is hard can penetrate the skin and pose a threat when it is stepped on by the foot. Insect stings and sticker-burrs from various plants are also common. Foreign bodies can remain in the foot indefinitely. There have been reports of materials that have penetrated the foot and have remained encapsulated in deep tissues of the foot for years. Usually, the body will see the foreign object, no matter how small, and encapsulate it through an immune tissue response. Many times, it’s not the foreign body, but the foreign body tissue response that causes pain and the need for removal.

www.ashevillepodiatrist.com...

So even as a podiatrist, his only area of expertise, Dr. Leir really should have known better... and most likely did.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Right, but these implants, paradoxically, weren't causing infection or inflammation and in fact were becoming incorporated into the abductee's own nerve and connective tissue. They're the "shred of physical evidence" that debunkers like to crow doesn't exist. My guess is now that the researcher has been silenced, his samples will likewise disappear.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

They're the "shred of physical evidence" that debunkers like to crow doesn't exist

Please share the evidence that this is "physical evidence" of Alien implants because I've looked and can't find it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Urantia1111
reply to post by draknoir2

Right, but these implants, paradoxically, weren't causing infection or inflammation and in fact were becoming incorporated into the abductee's own nerve and connective tissue. T

The article clearly states that foreign objects can and do become encapsulated for years. When there is no inflammation or pain the subject would have no knowledge of it, unless it is seen through X-ray or some other scan.

And the "incorporated into the abductees nerve" is complete unsubstantiated speculation. Connective tissue, yes... nervous system, prove it. Abductee... prove it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There was a show on the Discovery Channel about Dr. Leir and his Alien Implants and very interesting Scanning Electron Test Results and metallurgical composition of implants. I tried in vain to find it in it's entirety. I could only find a short clip that ends when it starts to get interesting.. If someone has the full show. Please post.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Appx a year ago I heard a Coast To Coast program about alien abductions, and the implant subject was discussed at length. One of the guests was L.A. Marzulli. Marzulli is a fairly well-known Christian author\radio talk show host\researcher. He said some wild things about the implants that I had never heard before. He claims they change the abductees' DNA.

I take this all with a grain of salt, but nonetheless it's quite interesting, and scary as hell to boot.

Here's one of several Marzulli discourses on implants:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

=\

R.I.P, and our condolences to his family. =\

Who will fill in his shoes as expert on foreign implants?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What I found most interesting about his research was that at least one of the implants gave off "radio waves", at an extreme high or low in the Hertz, I can't remember which.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Spader
What I found most interesting about his research was that at least one of the implants gave off "radio waves", at an extreme high or low in the Hertz, I can't remember which.

Revolutionary, Earth shattering proof of alien life/technology/civilization and... eh, whatever.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The only implants I've heard of were made of silicon (glass) or wire. Seems like it'd be very outdated technology for extraterrestrial visitors to be using.

Coincidentally, those are the 2 things that people that think they have Morgellon's disease bring to doctors to show that there are foreign bodies inside them.

Modern medicine says that Morgellon's is actually a form of Delusional Parasitosis where the sufferer thinks that they have foreign bodies under their skin. Description of Morgellon's by wiki:

The term "Morgellons" was introduced by stay-at-home mother Mary Leitao in 2004 to describe a skin condition characterized by a range of cutaneous (skin) symptoms including crawling, biting, and stinging sensations; finding fibers on or under the skin; and persistent skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores). A majority of health professionals, including most dermatologists, regard Morgellons as a manifestation of other known medical conditions, including delusional parasitosis[13][14][15] and believe any fibers found are from textiles such as clothing.[16] The Morgellons Research Foundation, a non-profit advocacy organization, believes that it is a new infectious disease that will be confirmed by future research.[17][18] "Other health professionals don't acknowledge Morgellons disease or are reserving judgment until more is known about the condition".[19] Separate, large-scale studies into the proposed diagnosis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)[20][21] and the Mayo Clinic[9][10][22] failed to find an infectious cause of the symptoms and confirmed that Morgellons is a variant of delusional parasitosis. The term "delusional infestation" has been suggested to account for Morgellons' patients as well as standard delusional parasitosis patients.

The fact that conditions exist where one thinks there are foreign bodies in ones body when there are not should be considered when pondering alien implants. I'll bet at least some of them are a combination of delusional parasitosis and a very active imagination. I've read that Morgellon's sufferers have been known to bring in little matchboxes and stuff with implants they've scraped out themselves, which end up being little glass pieces then didn't know then absorbed. Also read this from the CDC:

CDC researchers issued the results of their multi-year study in January 2012, indicating that there were no disease organisms present in Morgellons patients, the fibers found consisted mainly of cellulose, which the CDC suggested were likely cotton, and concluded that in these respects the condition was "similar to more commonly recognized conditions such as delusional infestation"

Are any alien implants made of cellulose?

Until I see more evidence that alien implants are in fact extraterrestrial in nature, I'm inclined to believe its a particular kind of delusional parasitosis.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

majestic3
Wonder what happend to all those implants?

Dr. Leir was a member of the Mutual UFO Network. So he probably passed his research on to MUFON or to his friend and colleague Alex Moser (at 26 minutes in).

Sad day. My respects to his family.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

There are no "alien" transplants.

The current rulers of the world are intentionally floating stories about UFOs and staging events. This is to confuse people and divert their attention from real issues.

There are no aliens present on earth. An alien means a person born on another planet who has travelled to this planet.

However there is one fact - science on this planet has developed to an advanced stage. Scientists can fabricate stuff that some would take for "alien".

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

There are no aliens present on earth.

Opinion stated as fact.

Granted, there is no smoking gun. But there sure is a lot of circumstantial evidence. And a lot of that evidence goes back to a time when science did not have the ability to create tech that would be mistakable for something alien.

The fact is, the general public doesn't know for certain either way. So unless you have a conclusive evidence for the every truly unidentified craft ever reported, you are in the same boat as the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's too coincidential that Lloyd Pye(starchild skull) and Dr. Rodger Leir died months apart. Both were in a field of ufo study that would turn the world we know upside down

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm open minded re the implants, many years ago I posted re what I thought was a spot I had on my leg for years, it was a brown mark with a dark centre, I tried popping it as a kid and it felt just like skin, when I was about 48 I saw it again while itching my leg and tried again to pop it and this time a small bit of what looked like metal came out. It was very similar to a bit of lead from a pencil except that no matter how hard you tried to crush it, it stayed in one bit, sadly as I tried hard to crush it the thing shot away from me and in to the carpet, I never found it again.

Not really odd on its own but when my daughter was born (posted re this years ago) she suddenly one morning had a spot on her belly just above the navel. She would not let me touch it as it seem to cause discomfort although as she was a small baby I think she just didn't like being prodded

When she dosed off to sleep I tried again and this time like my leg a little bit of round metal popped out, again like a bit of lead pencil but this one had tiny divots in it, maybe markings but a pattern for sure. Again I tried to squash the thing and like the other one nothing did any damage, even hit it with a hammer. Nothing..

Sadly the same thing happened and I lost it..

I posted re it on here asking if anyone knows a medical reason why it could happen but no one knew of anything, while reading this thread I noted the possible way it can happen but I can't agree on it as mine could have come from anywhere, I was a typical rough and tumble kid but my daughter was just born and as a parent who did he bathing and nappies I know that the spot appeared over night and she was swaddled most of the time or in her cot, there was nothing that could have stuck her, especially not that it could have gone so deep in.

A mystery, I don't know what they were but they were incredibly similar both in appearance and the look of the spot on the skin (a light brown small ring with a dark centre).

As said I did post about this as a matter of record years back, although I am a believer who has seen two somethings that were extremely weird and didn't look like anything I've seen flying before or since I do feel I'm a level headed person who looks at reports from a neutral position and if I think its fraud I say so. But these little things have me puzzled, very very weird, obviously I wish I'd not been so clumsy but at the time it was more about what were they, what sort of spot was it, the mind wasn't thinking about Alien implants (well not about my one) although when I saw the thing on my daughter it did flash into mind briefly.

Oh well, that's my lot, that is what happened, I'm not a tall tale person, anyone who reads my rambling knows I'm just a decent honest bloke, I come here because its an interesting place to chat on, I have no agenda, I'm just a bloke with a lot of time on my hands due to illness but not a 'nutter' either

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Not really. 'Alien' doesn't necessarily constitute extra-terrestrial. Alien can be construed as anything foreign that does not belong. It's pretty fair to say that those objects do not belong in the human body. Some have also questioned the implication of 'implants'. Again, I think this qualifies as an implant, as it is an inorganic item that was intentionally introduced to the body for a specific purpose. I think the questions should be 'For what purpose, how and by whom'? There is no doubt, by my logic anyway, that the objects were both alien and implanted. Not really buying the 'lack of testing' line of thinking either. We were shown multiple test results and analyses. I've no reason to disbelieve those results or to think that those results would have been any less reliable than if conducted by 'official' groups.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join