It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For serious? This is where their minds went!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Live 1000 Years... In Your Mind - Criminals To Suffer For Hundreds of Years?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you haven't yet, check out the link above!

Could we condemn criminals to suffer for hundreds of years? Biotechnology could let us extend convicts' lives 'indefinitely' •This is the scenario being explored by researchers at Oxford University •They claim life extension tech could mean prisoners serve longer sentences •Philosopher Dr Rebecca Roache also writes in her blog that a time distortion pill could make people feel like they were in prison longer •Another scenario the group looked at was uploading mind to a digital realm •Running it a million times faster than normal would enable the uploaded criminal to serve a 1,000 year sentence in eight-and-a-half hours

Never mind giving this pill to mathematicians, theorists.... visionaries. Never mind mortals experiencing immortality if coupled with virtual reality...

Maybe this should have gone into the Rant section of the forum. Not much of a rant though, just pointing out the obvious...

Leave your interesting comments below, you know you want to!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Wasn't that demolition man?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
lets make super slaves that can think 1000 years of escape plans to wake up to his old life and be a genius... with 1000 years of prison you know how many books you could read, classes you could take, theology, sociology,physics,you could create you would go from petty thief to doctor doom in 8 hours hah you would make Isaac Newton look like a child

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

How would they distribute this Pill???

Because force feeding them to Prisoners would surely come under some sort of Humanitarian, Geneva Convention, UN etc Law in which torture is illegal!!!

I agree with the OP, why are they not thinking of the positives???

Well maybe they are... & maybe that was the ideology...
But then some jerk off Conservative Journalist asked about Prisoners & the Scientists said it's also a possibility if applied in that context...
Then they made that bit the headline!!!

I hate Journalists & Media so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case!

Peace!

*** No it was is Dr.Rebeccah Roach's Blog, so Journalism isn't to blame this time!
What a sad & pathetic Human she must really be!
edit on 17-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: ***Stated... Also Auto-Correct!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I want to live a thousand years in my head in 8.5 hours...why should the criminals get this chance and not I?.
I would come out of my trance a wise ole monkey...who knows I may figure out the answer to it all.

Sounds like the drug in the new Dredd movie ...Slo Mo.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Running it a million times faster than normal would enable the uploaded criminal to serve a 1,000 year sentence in eight-and-a-half hours"

HOURS???

I though surely that is a typo???
They must have meant Years!?!?!
But I just used my Calculator & it checks out to about 8.7 hours!!!

Is this the New Age, Ludovico Technique the Elite would love to put us all through???

Peace!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

& what if you have a Traumatic experience???

Of any kind???

How do you think that would affect your Mental Health???

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to be the Worlds smartest Physicist, Brain Surgeon, Mathematician & LHC Engineer within the next 8.5 hours...
Hell I wouldn't have even had my Dinner by then!!!

But I'd hate to be Diagnosed with Cancer that I'd have to battle for 6 Months & to feel as if it had been over 500,000 Years!!!
Or to break a bone in an Accident & over the course of a full Year having to feel like I'd spent over a Million Years in Rehabilitation!!!

My maths may be wrong...
(I basically worked out if 8.5 = 1000, 24 = 2800, times by 365 is over a million, then half it for the 6 months!)

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs

Is this the New Age, Ludovico Technique the Elite would love to put us all through???

"Us"??
I think folks are missing the bigger idea.
If allowed, now the politicians, banksters, and other public offending scum would be able to commit a crime and get to serve their "8 hours" wink wink and get off scott free.
After all they will have served their time...
Nope, old fashioned justice I say, keep real criminals in jail forever before we hang them for their crimes against the peoples of the world.
And like someone above said, give this stuff to the thinkers so that they may better humankind.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

I may come out bat # crazy but again a human mind just wondering for a thousand years...heck I may reach nirvana and back again.
I would come out like the great sage

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I don't think the idea is to change Prison time to hours!!!

Even so it would have to be forced on Prisoners, which is illegal!

Also I doubt Bankers want to think about their crimes for that long, they're already a Suicidal bunch!!!

This would be too much for Human Mental Health I think...
Our minds haven't evolved enough to say we could experience something for 1000+ years without some sort of negative affect!

Peace g1!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

No doubt in terms of Education this would be Revolutionary!!!
I'm guess I'm just quite Pessimistic for an Optimist! A Yin-Yang kinda guy!

Peace BM!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sorry to be the party pooper, but it's been posted twice already

I even managed to find them via search, which i assumed would still be useless

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
After fifty years with no human interaction at all you would forget who you were. Basically this would just give the criminal amnesia. After he came out of the trance or whatever you want to call it, who knows if he would be a better person or not. If we are going to talk about prison sentences we'd be better off talking about how effective they are at reconditioning prisoners, or possibly creating a different culture inside prisons than the one that exists now.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
They are insane satanists who murder children and feed them to us in our food. And they want to torture those who don't follow the rules set by these villians.

Seriously they need to be boycotted, so they can't fund bad science, removed from responsible positions and put in jail for life. Just one life, till they face the consequences in the next, ie, they meaning most of the elites and their stoogie politicians.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Another point on this, is if they are getting near to this technology on a very low level, imagine what this is like on a much higher level, entering a hologram, a second passes back at home, but a 1000 years have passed in the dream, or perhaps a kazillion.

Should make you wonder what we're all in.

But those bullies and sadists don't have any rights over anyone.

top topics

join