It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, decendants of Atlantis?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
people who saw atlantis never existed are wrong to asume that since we really dont know what atlantis is in the first place, how can we look for something that we dont know what it looks like?!
and yeah that theory resembles the TV show.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If one takes Plato's T & C as truthful (I take it as a story) then you know approximately where to look. However it also states they had conquered the western med.

There was of course nothing but small seasonal villages to conquer in that time frame and no evidence of that "empire".

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think Atlantis did excist. It was destroyed three times.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

the aurignacian "empire" stretched from spain to the zagros mountains and heck, they were still going strong post glacial in eastern europe. [boardman cambridge histories]

then of course there were the gravettians. they dominated up until the neolithic. their "empire" was the correct size.

finally you can talk about y haplogroup j2. who says that wasn't an "empire"?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Howdy Parta

Those names are associated with tool industries or common cultural traits. I don't think you could call them empires.

The lack of anything but a hunter-gather culture also frowns on the term empire.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
there is a little more than just a tool industry. there is worship, weaving, clay firing, architecture, art and blood. they followed a displacement policy just as real empires did and they had boats. they were struck by a series of huge catastrophes too.

there was a herding tradition [huge pens] plus they were grinding something besides ochre... [maybe some of the native cereals?]. they had grapes, honey, milk [to get really fat on], local obsidian, flints, native amber, gold, silver, tin, copper, zinc, lead, iron, lifestone, ivory, wood, huge thermal caves, hot springs, blue dye, mountains of salt, shovels etc etc.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta
there is a little more than just a tool industry. there is worship, weaving, clay firing, architecture, art and blood. they followed a displacement policy just as real empires did and they had boats. they were struck by a series of huge catastrophes too.

there was a herding tradition [huge pens] plus they were grinding something besides ochre... [maybe some of the native cereals?]. they had grapes, honey, milk [to get really fat on], local obsidian, flints, native amber, gold, silver, tin, copper, zinc, lead, iron, lifestone, ivory, wood, huge thermal caves, hot springs, blue dye, mountains of salt, shovels etc etc.

Howdy Parta

Ah you seem well read on these guys. Your list is mainly resources that hunter-gathers have always had access to. I'm open to this but an empire equates to political organization, was there any?

[edit on 18/12/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
the list of hunter gatherers that had that selection of resources is very short indeed.

it seems from their burial customs that there was a hierachy. there was certainly a state religion and their structures were community built [because they were so big]. there was a social support network, industry towns and great public works projects.

what would an empire look like @ 9000bc? there was a great family of folks spreading over a vast area bringing new traditions and technologies. are you looking for a king or maybe a central [destroyed] city?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Howdy Parta

We seem to be talking about two different things. I'm referring to your reference of the Aurignacians. Who are you referring to?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

well both actually. an aurignacian ruled "empire" peopled by gravettians. the aurignacians held the best lands even though there were far far more gravettians completely surrounding them.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Considering the time periods involved.. So what time frames are you using for these people?

there was certainly a state religion and their structures were community built [because they were so big].

Could you please link to a source on these 'structures'. Thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

proto-aurignacians show up in thrace about 42,000bc and gravettians about 35,000bc in illyria [of course there are the spain first nutters too as there always are in everything there is]. the gravettian tool industry was based on mousterian [either emh or neanderthal] but the aurignacian industry was new.

there are longhouses at kostenki [don valley], angara valley and the epipaleolithic folks of southern scandanavia built them too. noone has ever dug kostenki deep in the "preferred" areas of the carpathian basin before so you have to settle for the semi long houses of the highland mammoth hunters.

is it the giant cow pens and canal work you'd like to see? i'll show you but you have to talk to the science guys yourself [that is to say... don't rip me a new one]

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Parta]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Howdy Parta

You seem (or your sources) to be of the mind that this culture was much more organized than I'm led to beleive.

I'd appreciate your sources so I can investigate further. Thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

how about you tell me what you are led to believe and by who. you can see for yourself the extent of the culture [or maybe you can't... do you need some maps?]. i'm not stating anything that isn't orthodoxy [that is something said by at least 6 out of 10 concerned] so who are you talking about that says these people where boobs?

[ps the bit about it being an aurignacian empire peopoled by gravettians is me... sorry. its just my interpretation of the islands of aurignacians on the best lands in a sea of gravettians]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Howdy Parta

So you don't have any sources??

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

sources for what? longhouses at kostenki? see donsmaps.com
www.donsmaps.com...

venus figurines far and wide?... see there too.

are you saying these two groups weren't around post glacial? see boardman cambridge ancient histories search banat aurignacian

do you need maps? current maps? if you are just googling you might be somewhat limited to very old and new bloggy things.

what is it exactly you are saying is not so? the empire? you haven't said what that has to look like yet. you haven't said what it is you believe to be true in any form.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Parta

This is a link to the cambridge ancient history by boardman

Banat

Is this your source?

The diagram of a pit house isn't really a good source. yYou seem remarkably unwilling to share your sources for this informatioin.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

yep. aurignacians not slackening post glacial banat. is there a question about the epigravettians being there at the same time? from the pyrenees though anatolia? picasaweb.google.com...

30m long pit houses are community efforts which was the point right?

my sources for atlantis being in the carpathian basin have been made known to you by name. i can show you all the pictures that convinced me. beyond that you have to make an effort as you will be far ahead of the game. cripes exeter and goethe universities just got off their fatbums to investigate the massive mystery city at cornesti and thats right beside a major hiway.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Oh I'm sorry Parta, I didn't realize who you were and that we'd 'spoken' before. The knowledge of that exchange explains your actions and thoughts.

Hans

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Interesting thread.
However it was not Stargate: Atlantis which first brought up the combining of two unconfirmed legends - it was a series of books written by Robert Lory between 1971 and 1974, based on the character created by Bram Stoker. He put forward the idea that Dracula and other legendary persons such as Lilith were actually from Atlantis and had survived to the present day, using various methods of sustaining their existance from humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join