It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, decendants of Atlantis?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
This is not a Stargate thread! The Stargate thread can be found in the Government Projects forums!

sorry about that but I did see something wrong written down.. only wanted to correct it.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Atlantis never existed.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
frosty you all ready did .. and what reason makes you come to that conclusion.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
two questions
1. is there any skelitol evidence?
2. What is this chemical?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Atlantis never existed.

So you keep saying...

Of course then, you'd be ignoring the facts that:

1) Plato is a recognized historian
2) there are THREE separate times in the Critias text he mentions that the tale is a TRUE story, not fiction
3) how well the Altiplano fit's Plato's descriptions point by point...
www.geocities.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
First, on Atlantis. Plato NEVER stated it was any more advanced than Ancient Greece. Any notions of superadvancement come from fiction writers, not the historical account of Plato.

So many people dont understand this. When they said a society was advanced back then they meant something along the lines of Greece or Rome, not airplanes and lasers. They MIGHT have indoor plumbimg but that is about it

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Let's see:
1.Plato told this story to amuse people
2.The story was not meant to educate people
3.No where at all does Plato ever mention this place exist
4.No exact location is ever given
5.Plato took a mass of water which very few had traveled and claimed there was a continent somewhere out there
6.There has been no proof what so ever of a lost continent
7.Plato told this story to amuse people
8.Still no proof of any skelital remains

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
very creative theory, thoughtful and original. I've seen theories on atlantis being in scotland, mediteranean (sp?) etc, aren't most of the vampire roots in eastern europe ? Maybe they travelled, of course, but I think there may be a geographical disconnect here. cheers ! more original ideas like this !

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I dont particularly believe in my theory, I was just experimenting and gaging peoples reactions and responses,
Also Mr. Frosty have you not heard the term overstressing your belief, I ask you not post on any Atlantis threads I may post, I know I cant stop you from doing so, but I ask you to do so.
Also can I close my own post or is that something only a moderator can do?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Correction, I am overstressing the truth.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
You do not know that for a fact, so it is your belief.
Even if I cant technicaly do this, I'm going to.
Thread closed.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iori_komei

The Existance of Atlantis unfortunately, dose not outdate the earliest records of the Old testiment. The First Vamps were the creation of God "not the Devil". It was a punishment for evil doings & Cain was the first to recieve this punishment.

True Vampires are said to be the Sires/Descendants of Cain & his likes.

Atlantis Is just that also, a fable & nothing more.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Of course then, you'd be ignoring the facts that:

1) Plato is a recognized historian

he was a philosopher, they are well known for making up stories with a moral point to them

2) there are THREE separate times in the Critias text he mentions that the tale is a TRUE story, not fiction

he also says its fiction right at the start and the dialogue is not a report it is a fictional what if..

3) how well the Altiplano fit's Plato's descriptions point by point...
www.geocities.com...

uhuh
sank beneath the waves and fought a war with athens did it

why is this thread even in this forum.
it has nothing to do with ancient history
more to do with psychiatry if you ask me

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
We'll the ledgend of dracula came from Vlad, but the whole vampire myth has been around much longer. The first vampire was surposedly Lilith, type her name in google there is plenty on her. She was the women befor Eve in the dead sea scrolls. But also the story of vampires also comes from tribes in africa....this i havent studied much but i do know they exist.
If vampires do exist...they are not blessed, so to say that vampires are the decendetns of atlaentians is complete nonsense sorry. By the way i read somewhere the atlantis was just a colony of the Mu civilization.

I have not figured out how to do the external quotes yet, but this I found on Wikipedia under Lilith..

Lilith (Hebrew לילית) is a mythological female Mesopotamian storm demon associated with wind and was thought to be a bearer of disease, illness, and death. The figure of Lilith first appeared in a class of wind and storm demons or spirits as Lilitu, in Sumer, circa 3000 BC. Many scholars place the origin of the phonetic name "Lilith" at somewhere around 700 BC.[1] Lilith appears as a night demon in Jewish lore and as a screech owl in the King James version of the Bible. She is also apocryphally the first wife of Adam.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiskey Jack

The second is that vampires do or have existed as described by Stoker/Rice/Hamilton et al. That is to say the suave, debonaire blood-sucking humanoids with slicked-back hair and impeccable fashion sense. That image of the vampire originated with Bram Stoker in about 1897. Before Stoker's image of the undead stole the popular imagination, there were a number of different regional accounts of vampire-like creatures. In Eastern Europe, the vampire was usually described as dessicated, wild, and very violent. In China, the vampire, again violent, but must move about by hopping because the blood has congealed in his veins so he cannot bend. The Greek Lamia, and the Indonesian Penanggalang are two other, non-humanoid, vampires.

Dont forget the vampyre-like thing in Mexico? the carra carra thingy.. forgot its name.. thought that I read it somewhere..I dont yet know if I believe that as of yet.. but I am open for truth..

[edit on 11/20/07 by CHIYANNE]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I would like to know every ones oppinions on my theory, be they good or bad.

Your theory is crap.

What links the Atlanteans to this 'anti-aging' tech that you state? Why not any other civilization? Why not the Vikings, or the Mayans? It doesn't make any sense why you chose the Atlanteans.

Also, Vampires don't exist. So you are starting out with a pretty week theory to begin with. To make your theory any more than crap, you'd have to first prove that the Atlantean's existed, then you'd have to prove vampires exist, then you'd have to find something that links the two together.

Of course, you can't do any of these things, which really makes your theory lame.

I mean come on, this isn't the 'creative writing board' where you can bounce fictional ideas off of other members and have them help you iron them out. What is the world coming to?

Next you're going to tell me that the Loch Ness monster is a pirate.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
First off Vlad The Impaler was not the first vampire.

Second off Atlantis does not tie into Vampirism, but perhaps they could've had similar folklore. Even though Atlantis has not been claimed to exist, the story says alot about modern time, and supposedly the bible does tie into it, and other spiritual literature.

It is possible that certain shows and programs do have have influence by certain truth mixed with fiction. People need to be skeptical until they can honestly assert it is true. Much of todays science gave away ancient beliefs and problems with the ancient world, now we can learn about people equally and understand what causes 'vampirism' when the church ruled everything different was realted to even and supernatural powers, instead of illness. An Ancient Horned God-man

and Goddess of tribes was turned into supernatural nonsense and Satanism. So you need to doubt and understand what could be the truth.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Although it is an interesting theory, it is insufficient for several reasons.

First, there is no proof that Atlantis ever existed, except in the form of documents written thousands of years ago. We cannot accept the "mythology" of Atlantis as fact, because if we were, we would have to accept any written document as proof of the existence of something.

There is no physical evidence of Atlantis, it was lost, and continues to be lost, therefore, hypothesizing about the nature of its inhabitants is impossible.

Secondly, there is no proof that vampires exist. We do not have one bagged, tagged, and examined in any public lab, anywhere. Once again, all that we have to work with is the "mythology" of vampires existence. As stated before, one cannot base a hypothesis on the nature of vampires based on mythology alone.

As I said previousily, interesting theory...but it is equally possible that vampires were created by, and Atlantis destroyed by, the Flying Spagetti Monster's Divine Noodly Apendage.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Howdy Madhatr137

Now, now bringing logic and reasoning into this discussion!

I consider Atlantis to be mythical but do consider the possiblility of an unknown civilization still having been undiscovered. that civilization wouldn't in all probability be "advanced". As for Vampires......

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Have we really reached the stage of selecting 2 entirely disconnected stories in man's history and trying to find connections between them just to promote a "new" theory?

This is unashamed egoism.

Yeah, we all like our words to be read and we all like to be congratulated on how clever we are for working something out that nobody has thought of before, but for the sake of sanity, instead of this type of theory building can we stick to word games instead, such as, how to get from BULL to SH*T in 5 letter switches...?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join