It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, decendants of Atlantis?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I came up with this theory while studying the process of aging.
My theory being that, Thousands of years ago atlanteans started researching anti-aging methods, when they first tested it they saw only side one side effect, a certain neede chemical had stopped being produced in the body, now this chemical was found in the blood of nearly every mammal, being as advanced as they were they saw no problem with this since it would be easily obtained with there tech. but when the catastrophie struck, the tech. used to obtain the chemical was destroyed, so they were forced to literaly feed on other mammals to obtain the chemical, I suppose the the legends of vampires drinking the blood of humans were either caused by one of the following two

1. People saw the atlanteans and/or there decsendants whom would have inherited this flaw, drinking the blood of an animal, and the origonal tale was told so much over time that it changed to them drinking human blood.

2. They may not have been able to obtain the chemical do to an uknown reason, much like a drought/famine, so they were forced to obtain the chemical through humans.

I would like to know every ones oppinions on my theory, be they good or bad.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't really agree with the Atlanteans being the ancestors of vampires. If the Atlanteans were as advanced as they supposedly are, they most likely would have found a way to eliminate the side effect permenately.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
webmonkey being an advanced civilization does not neccesarily mean having the answerz to everything...but i doubt vampires can be atlanteans

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm theorizing that the great destruction happened soon after this tech. became widespread, I suppose vampires could also be an evolutionary branch that we currently are not aware of.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
while this is a interesting theory i find it hard to believe as if people were walking round drinking the blood of animals there would at least be some kind of written evidence even through oral stories or folk tales but as far as i'm aware nothing of the sort has ever been produced

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Isn't this what is involved in the Stargate:Atlantis seires on TV? The Atlantians eat human flesh to survive.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I believe the Vampire stories comes from the fact that during satanic ritual, the ones involve need to injest blood. I've heard that this ranges from increase physical power to 'maintaining human form' (50/50 hybrid theory)....

However the Atlantean civilisation were supposed to be descendants from the Pleides star system.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
To this day, I have not heard of any proven fact or even cultural story to relate Atlantis with vampires.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Isn't this what is involved in the Stargate:Atlantis seires on TV? The Atlantians eat human flesh to survive.

I believe it is. Yet another theory ripped from a sci fi tv show. Seems like every time a new tv show or movie comes out people try to associate it in some way with reality.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I did not get this idea from stargate atlantis or any other show/book, on a side note in SG-atlantis the wraith suck the life force out of you, the atlanteans were the ancients, and there is no flesh eating.

Also if my theory was true than the atlanteans would most likely not let more primitive people see them drinking the animals blood.

Lastly, this is just a theory, I am not saying it is true and I am not saying it isnt, I am only using what I know to construct a theoretical scenario, nothing more.

Oh and I do not like people insinuating that I am copying off an entertainment apparatus, if your going to be rude at least get all he facts first.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Vampire stories originated from Vlad the Impaler. He was not from Atlantis. Look him up.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yes I knew a lot of legends of vampires came from him, but legends of vampires have origonated all over the world, and a handful have been around a very long time.
I know the legend of dracula came from Vlad, and the reason we believe them to turn into bats is because throughout the last few hundred years we've associated bats with evil.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
We'll the ledgend of dracula came from Vlad, but the whole vampire myth has been around much longer. The first vampire was surposedly Lilith, type her name in google there is plenty on her. She was the women befor Eve in the dead sea scrolls. But also the story of vampires also comes from tribes in africa....this i havent studied much but i do know they exist.
If vampires do exist...they are not blessed, so to say that vampires are the decendetns of atlaentians is complete nonsense sorry. By the way i read somewhere the atlantis was just a colony of the Mu civilization.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Kinda hard to say, considering Atlantis never existed.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
An interesting theory, but at its base are two...questionable assumptions.

The first is that Atlantis existed. We can rehash the standard "Was Plato being allegorical" argument here, but for the sake of discussion I'll let this alone. Suffice it to say that I'm skeptical about Atlantis' existence, and even more skeptical that it was a super-technological society.[1]

The second is that vampires do or have existed as described by Stoker/Rice/Hamilton et al. That is to say the suave, debonaire blood-sucking humanoids with slicked-back hair and impeccable fashion sense. That image of the vampire originated with Bram Stoker in about 1897. Before Stoker's image of the undead stole the popular imagination, there were a number of different regional accounts of vampire-like creatures. In Eastern Europe, the vampire was usually described as dessicated, wild, and very violent. In China, the vampire, again violent, but must move about by hopping because the blood has congealed in his veins so he cannot bend. The Greek Lamia, and the Indonesian Penanggalang are two other, non-humanoid, vampires. If it were possible to trace this legend's origin to a specific location, or if there were more consistancy between the different cultures' depictions, I might be more open to your supposition. As it is, to me it's a nice place to start a work of fiction, but not something that's particularly likely to be true.

[1] Keep in mind that our primary source for Atlantis is an iron-age Greek. 17th-18th century technology would be advanced tech from his perspective. This is one of my greatest frustrations when discussing ancient advanced civilizations with people.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And consider as people have noted on other Atlantis posts that there has been NO evidence dug up as to there having been an advanced society. Reinforced concretes, metals, plastics, or other obvious "tailoring" of the world around them. There would still be clues floating around out there for us to find and we haven't found them yet. And no, a big blast or catastrophe would still leave things around, well after their demise. Also, if they survived, would not there be other oral traditions and stories passed down besides only Plato's little blurb??

Also - are there REAL confirmed vampires out there?? Would not they get hit by cars or buses or have dealings the world that would bring them to the attention of the medical world to be dissected for all of us to see??

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Looks like a good theory, but I don't think it would have been true. Vampires are now spoken of "evil" now, but were they like that when they made Atlantis? Is their any proof of vampires?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

the atlantians were the ancients they went to the stargate 10000 years ago and went to earth they are our ancestors.
for the vampire like persons... the wraith are a vampire like being
sucking life energy out the bodies of there victims with there hands. they can heal as long as they have just eaten and they can hibernate.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is not a Stargate thread! The Stargate thread can be found in the Government Projects forums!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
First, on Atlantis. Plato NEVER stated it was any more advanced than Ancient Greece. Any notions of superadvancement come from fiction writers, not the historical account of Plato. Nor did he make any mentions of vampires here.

Second, the origin of vampires isn't a big mystery. It largely stems from the common people being unfamiliar with the process of decomposition. Things like the body bloating from gasses (seen as the body ingesting something), and pushing blood out of the openings (such as the mouth), made it appear to these folk that uncle Jorgi was creeping around at night feasting on villagers. Other examples such as the continued growth of hair and nails also puzzled them, and lead to many staked corpses (originally staked to keep them pinned in their coffins, or so it was thought). The plague, and various other illnesses (many related to it) led to many deaths, also attributed to vampires (and the infection of the bite lore, etc.). Such peasant fears were played upon by Bram Stoker in his book, and this one book became the basis for most of what you see in Hollywood vampire lore. Before this, the vampire was a different creature, not the sophisticate undead, but a corpse or spirit who would rise at night to feast on the living, then return to the grave.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join