It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a ufo just be a refraction of light from the stars or sun into the earths humid atmosphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You see a rainbow, it happens when the sunlight refracts on water. Could this also be true for unidentified flying objects as well?
The instantaneous movement of the ufos could also be explained by the rotation of the planet. Most ufos are seen as the same color as a star. Could light be bending around the star or sun and braking up into the atmosphere filled with humidiy causing what seems to be a ball of light in the sky? This may also be explained by the newer version of 3d Night vision goggles in which case streams of light are seen in the sky. The streams of light are compared to several ufos. Night vision goggles do use a type of light refraction, so maybe that is how the strange phenomenon can be viewed with the 3d Night Vision Goggles. It also seems to me the more holes that appear in the ozone layer, the more ufo sightings there are. That could possibly be how the light is also broken up.

Resource- www.livescience.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No. Some have had sitings right up close, 50 feet or so, appear and fly over our roofs, and had those sitings chased by black choppers.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Did they flashey thing you again??

Dude, when they tell you to look into that thing, close your eyes!
edit on 16-3-2014 by madmac5150 because: Agent J asked for anonimity...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

You see a rainbow, it happens when the sunlight refracts on water. Could this also be true for unidentified flying objects as well?

Well, the one I saw was at night so…

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Could a ufo just be a refraction of light from the stars or sun into the earths humid atmosphere

Yes
and No.

No, these are actual controlled vehicles operated by some kind of organic life form, even if by remote control or droid pilot.

and, Yes, technically speaking, since everything that we "see" is actually just light particles.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Me too
I saw that about midnight last night.
Overcast and misting with a rainbow ring around the full moon, pushing its grey scale / purple spectrum light through the low flying clouds.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

Yah, that was a pretty full moon. I saw it too. The suns light does reflects off that object at night.
Oh well, scratch my UFO encounter.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The atmospheric phenomenon dismissal is probably the most silly,

Id readily except government aircraft well before that, the people that report many of these are military and or pilots.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Of course it could.

Something to note: A UFO is not an "alien" spacecraft.
UFO = unidentified flying object, which is ANY flying object not identified.

That being the case I have seen thousands of UFO's. Mainly because
I saw aircraft that acted normally that I didn't care to identify.

But only one instance of UFO activity that seemed to defy the laws of physics.
And that one could have been a refraction/reflection...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

No...maybe. But by definition of the term YOU used...they aren't able to be identified. They are...according to you "UN-IDENTIFIED" flying objects.

So, no. They cant be identified as such. There are way way too many variable possibilities...and will prove to be a variety of things..."un-identifiable".

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
While there may be any number of odd visual oddities in the skies, I've personally seen a very obvious ufo relatively up close in broad daylight, slowly floating through the sky just above the trees down the road from my old house... So for what it's worth, there ARE unidentified craft.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

rival
Something to note: A UFO is not an "alien" spacecraft.
UFO = unidentified flying object, which is ANY flying object not identified.

That being the case I have seen thousands of UFO's. Mainly because
I saw aircraft that acted normally that I didn't care to identify.

No, a ufo is not necessarily alien.
While technically you're correct in saying that a ufo is any unidentified flying object, you don't look at a strange bird and refer to it as a ufo... Nor do you see a strange jet or helicopter and refer to it as a ufo. The term "ufo" is normally used in reference to aircraft that are obviously not planes/jets/helicopters/etc etc, ie a flying saucer or something operating beyond the capabilities of publicly-known technology.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Still just swamp gas IMO..
lol

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

No.

Google physical traces or radar returns - or anything remotely to do with ufo's and you would probably come to the same conclusion pretty quickly.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
By jove I think you have solved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets just forget the radar tracks N stuff ehh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

demonologist842012
The instantaneous movement of the ufos could also be explained by the rotation of the planet. Most ufos are seen as the same color as a star. Could light be bending around the star or sun and braking up into the atmosphere filled with humidiy causing what seems to be a ball of light in the sky? This may also be explained by the newer version of 3d Night vision goggles in which case streams of light are seen in the sky. The streams of light are compared to several ufos. Night vision goggles do use a type of light refraction, so maybe that is how the strange phenomenon can be viewed with the 3d Night Vision Goggles. It also seems to me the more holes that appear in the ozone layer, the more ufo sightings there are. That could possibly be how the light is also broken up.

Resource- www.livescience.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Some natural earthly phenomena:

Lightning sprites - Sometimes occurs with a mega-sized lightning bolt

Ring around the moon - Sunlight reflecting off the moon and reflecting off of ice crystals in the Earth's atmosphere --- Which usually means snow within 24 hours

Sun dog - Sunlight reflecting off of clouds --- which sometimes looks like a lighted orb

Ball lightning

St. Elmo's fire

Swamp gas

Earhquake lights

edit on 17-3-2014 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

edit on 17-3-2014 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
My friend once called me all fired up about seeing a UFO hovering in the sky. I went to visit him, and it was just Sirius scintillating. I was driving home one night across a causeway a few weeks ago and saw lights in the sky. It was just a helicopter on approach to our local base. The atmospheric haze conditions could have allowed for me make a decent fake UFO photo, but I don't do stuff like that.

Now, if you're ever lucky/unlucky enough to see the real deal. There will be no doubt is all I will say. Healthy skepticism is always warranted though.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Atmospheric phenomena generally doesn't abduct people.

DEMONS!

new topics

top topics

join