It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Programs we can use for free to help in the search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Other than year old pictures of google earth is there any type of program or system were we can log in and help search for the the missing Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777-300?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I use SETI @ HOME .... it' easy.,, it runs in the background while your asleep

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

ChesterJohn
Other than year old pictures of google earth is there any type of program or system were we can log in and help search for the the missing Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777-300?

There is, but you have to physically log into the system. It's inside a mountain in Colorado.
edit on 16-3-2014 by madmac5150 because: I am the Walrus

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

madmac5150

ChesterJohn

There is, but you have to physically log into the system. It's inside a mountain in Colorado.
edit on 16-3-2014 by madmac5150 because: I am the Walrus

Schmickle-Shmack, madmac, ... You teaser!!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

Tomnod search: How you can help find MH370 plane via satellite from your laptop

A Tomnod search allows internet users around the world to help search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370. Tomnod.com is a website that uses five satellites. The satellite images of the last known whereabouts of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 are being transmitted right to a user’s laptop and enable anyone to help in the search for the missing airplane, reported Fox News on March 11, 2014.
I haven't tried it myself but it's available if you want to try it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

ChesterJohn

Tomnod search: How you can help find MH370 plane via satellite from your laptop

A Tomnod search allows internet users around the world to help search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370. Tomnod.com is a website that uses five satellites. The satellite images of the last known whereabouts of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 are being transmitted right to a user’s laptop and enable anyone to help in the search for the missing airplane, reported Fox News on March 11, 2014.
I haven't tried it myself but it's available if you want to try it.

I tried the link but it didn't work to me to a stagnant page with link to social media and digidata imaging site. Would not accept my email for update unless subscribed but there was no subscribe button.

Thanks though

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I'm pretty sure it did work at first when the search area was narrow because people were posting about it in another thread here, but now that the search area is much larger, they may not have updated it to include the expanded search area. I haven't seen any more posts about it lately.

edit on 17-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When I first looked at that site it wasn't working either, now it is.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The ATSers posting about it in the other thread said it was apparently having problems for a while, speculating it could have been traffic overload, but maybe it's working again as they just posted some more images from it, which you can see here with references to the image numbers:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's another image further up on that page too. This is a pretty popular topic so I find it credible the site could have some traffic problems, so try again later if it doesn't work the first time, like ArMaP did.

new topics

top topics

join