It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA funded study says we are headed to civilization collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

NASA? Why NASA?

Exactly :-)

About that Popular Guardian Story on the Collapse of Industrial Civilization

Do you notice anything familiar about those headlines? NASA did and was pretty steamed. It recently issued a statement saying that the collapse paper:

...was not solicited, directed or reviewed by NASA. It is an independent study by the university researchers utilizing research tools developed for a separate NASA activity. As is the case with all independent research, the views and conclusions in the paper are those of the authors alone. NASA does not endorse the paper or its conclusions.

It's a pretty good read - funny

Here's Mr. Ahmed's rebuttal:

Did Nasa fund 'civilisation collapse' study, or not?

All this fuss is just as interesting as the original premise I think

:-)
edit on 3/22/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Don't think I needed a study to tell me this. All through out history civilizations have risen and fallen. By different means of course. What will be our means? Some interesting points were made in this thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

I wonder after the apocalyps if humans manage to rebuild society what religious fables will be invented inorder to brainwash and control the new essences of society.

In the beginning we arose from the waste land. No body knows what was before the wasteland. There was a man called Aquarius. A real humanitarian. He carried us through the waste age into a new prosperous begining. He was then sacrificed by the religious council for speaking of times before the wasteland and even is own follows had turned against him. He was drowned. It then rained for x 7 days straight. People believed the rain came from him to wash away there sins. Now 2000 years in the future Aquarius died to wash away your sins.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join