NASA funded study says we are headed to civilization collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
NASA? Why NASA?

Anyway, since we know it is the powers that be that want a highly stratified society with all the wealth concentrated with them at the top, and that NASA is just an agency for said PTB, why publish this article?

A NASA-funded study says that the combination of population growth, wealth inequality and resource demand puts our current civilization at risk for collapse.

“There are widespread concerns that current trends in population and resource-use are unsustainable, but the possibilities of an overshoot and collapse remain unclear and contro- versial. Collapses have occurred frequently in the past five thousand years, and are often followed by centuries of economic, intellectual, and population decline. Many different nat- ural and social phenomena have been invoked to explain specific collapses, but a general explanation remains elusive. Two important features seem to appear across societies that have collapsed: (1) Ecological Strain and (2) Economic Stratification.

More in depth and good report on how they conducted the study:
northdenvernews.com...

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Really, I didn't even need a Nasa study to figure that one out.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Funny how they say that, when they are a big part of that problem. They could absolutely change it if only they wanted to...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
NASA is full of it.....Everybody who knows anything knows we're Too BIG to fail!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What do they care? The people who wrote this likely have their own special rooms right underneath Bluecifer at Denver airport.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Actually, in terms of funding, NASA is not even remotely well funded as an agency. NASA's annual budget has long been around the $17 billion mark, putting it well beneath all other programs including social ones. They are rather more along the lines of beggars in the line up of agency's seeking money because the positive benefits to society that NASA provides are not so clear cut. When compared to education, medicine, or the military, NASA tends to be viewed as that agency that does interesting and neat things that are kind of useless.

To me, I can totally understand why NASA would actually put this little paper together. If you think about it, NASA gets a bird's eye view of the planet as a whole on a daily basis so if there's a problem, they'll be the ones to likely see it firsthand.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

benrl
Really, I didn't even need a Nasa study to figure that one out.

I second the above ^^

We are decimating forests and seas and polluting it all, if we don't change our ways drastically our children will suffer because of our mistakes. But, we won't die all at once or together because the gap between the rich and the poor is growing, and those with more money will survive longer than those that are already poorer.....in some countries people are still dying of hunger in the year 2014!

I think our major problem is denial......most people are in denial and they don't want to wake up, as long as they can eat, watch some reality tv and have a beer then they are happy and they don't see what's coming.

Whether it is environmental collapse or economical collapse, the richest will always have a better chance of survival......and I am not one of them.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

While NASA was brooding over the collapse of civilization and the rise of a new Dark Age why can't they colonize other worlds?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's a pity you can't say 'Bollocks' round here!
and to cap it all I just watched channel four's "Live from the ISS" programme broadcast from Huston, which included a take from professor Steven Hawkins talking about, (1) unsustainability of OUR planet due to population growth, and then (2) as the backup tale, an asteroid hitting OUR planet. (caps are mine) and the need to populise Mars to perpetuate humanity. I mean whyyy...who needs speculative (1) when (2) will do the job no bother in a worst case scenario anyway and bugger it, (2) could wipe out Mars, just as soon as we get there, that would just suck wouldn't it?

No trees were destroyed in this dissertation.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

NASA? Why NASA?

I can think of several. Most likely, NASA was used as a mouthpiece to reach a specific/intended audience. Looks like it's working.

-Cheers

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You really believe that?

What if I told you that it was written by two grad students and a meteorologist..

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

There's another proper study saying exactly the same by an agency other than NASA, but hey who cares as long as there's vanity, egotism and Bieber! (sarcasm)

Make love not war.....or is it the other way round? I prefer the former.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.existential-risk.org...

phys.org...

thetruthwins.com...

The author cites research showing that the human race is currently degenerating at 1 – 2 % per generation due to accumulation of mutations. At a 1% decline in fitness per generation, there is a sharp reduction in fitness after 300 generations (about 6,000 years). One of the most interesting revelations in Genetic Entropy is Dr. Sanford’s and other workers’ analysis of the Biblical account of life expectancies. In a statistical regression analysis of declining life spans since Noah (lived 950 years), after 32 centuries since Noah the life expectancy has declined to about 70. The remarkable aspect is that this curve, which shows a sharp drop-off after Noah and a more gradual decline about 1,000 years ago, is that it is very similar to theoretical curves presented by other researchers that show genetic degeneration. Either Moses faithfully recorded the events (and ages) recorded in Genesis, or he was a skilled statistician who made up data with a remarkable fit to an exponential curve!

edit on 16-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

"the possibilities of an overshoot and collapse remain unclear and contro- versial."

The possibility is not unclear or controversial NASA, it is a certainty. WHEN is the controversial question. It's spin from this agency I don't trust.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
duplicate.
edit on 16-3-2014 by th3dudeabides because: 2x post.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Seems they all have tipped off on this 'perfect storm' idea.

This is their whole agenda, down to the demonic stuff they're behind. They spin off their crapola right on schedule, when the first domino falls, expect the next, and so on, and so on.

Katy Perry - Dark Horse (Official) ft. Juicy J

This should have been called the perfect storm. Nope we're not letting you cull us.

So disgusted by this, their overt satanic insane psychopathic control of the world, its so pathetic and transparent.

Seems a pretty good clue their civilizational melt down is all a part of their plan. The diamond is for the presidential milab type slave, their puppet, AND don't forget all the food, equality and middle class luxury. Got a go eh!

NOT ON MY WATCH!

The horror of the love and light dog, they had to tell all love to leave. and look, by golly their presidential clone from a pharoah, tool.

But you know what, they don't even have the class or intelligence or shine of all the people. We outclass and outshine. Stars compared to insects. They don't even what it takes to be on the level of the magic of LOVE.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yes, I wondered why it was in a Denver paper too, no other paper seems to have taken it up yet.

Snarl
reply to post by Cinrad

NASA? Why NASA?

I can think of several. Most likely, NASA was used as a mouthpiece to reach a specific/intended audience. Looks like it's working.

Oh Snarl that hurts! I feel..... used .... medialy dirty

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It all depends on how much pain the inevitable failure of the money system causes. If we can let if fail without major bloodshed and adopt a more reasonable system, then we have a chance to save and improve civilization. Part of this will be devoting a lot of our resources into non profit making endeavors, something that is not possible under the current system.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Cinrad
Oh Snarl that hurts! I feel..... used .... medialy dirty

I'm sorry ... My bad ... Lazy wording. My fingers were on the keyboard and pointing at no one specific.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why do we need NASA to tell us that a civilization dependent on perpetual economic growth within a closed system of finite resources is utterly impossible and doomed to fail?

That's called common sense. Maybe we should get some NASA people up on the Hill, eh?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Nice. Gave ya a star. What's wrong with a civilization collapse? thought that's what public schools were SUPPOSED to accomplish! and what so bad about living tribal and defending your camp fire witha pointy stick and box of stale twinkies?
I like camping anyway !
Thanks NASA. Now go do something your a little more better at. Like sending another modified lawn mower to Mars to tell us they have some funny looking rocks and that the place is still as dead as Eric Holders brain!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join