It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have U ever been in love with sb, whose beliefs U can't accept?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

AnnieWolf19
.but for people at my church and what I see on my own in Bible about marriage it's not good to marry somone in another yoke.

Well since other peoples opinions are more important than your feelings for the person ... and since your belief in your interpretation of that ancient book is more important than your feelings for the person ... then you really need to leave him alone and move on. You already have your answer. It would be a miserable relationship if you were to get together with him. From what I'm reading, you'd constantly be on him to convert ... that would be miserable.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnieWolf19

what does 'sb' mean?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

In my opinion there is a totally different situation, when a couple has Atheistic worldview and they are married, but one of them after some time converts to Christianity--it is good for God according to God's Word.

1 Corinthians 7:12-14

To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

You should read that a little more carefully...

IF any brother HAS a wife.... This means one is a believer and the other is not...

The implication here is that they are already married... It is not a problem to marry an unbeliever according to Paul... In fact the unbeliever is made holy by that union...

it says nothing about conversion

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Akragon

if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever

But actually it is says about somebody who has a wife right now, not is going to have a wife or husband who does not believe.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

'sb' means somebody

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thank U for your opinion.

Yes I know I can not push anybody to whom I share the Gospel that he or she must believe. It is much better when people change, because of somebody's example or just make their own decision to change their belief.
I can only have a hope and pray that God will work by the Holy Spirit in somebody's life and preaching the Gospel was not wasting a time. Maybe one person in 1 year or in some years or on the death's bed will accept Jesus as savior.

I can not save anybody. Showing people that I live by Jesus example is better than words...and I know it, but it's not so true in my life as I would like it to be.

I am used to it in my life that mostly I am around people who are nice, but do not understand me deeply, but unbelieving family and unbelievers from the world makes me very often feel good, feel inner connection with them. But they do not share daily life with me.
Sometimes we meet people in our life, with whom we spend some single moments or some days and they can not be with us, but our hearts yearn for them and will never forget them.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That was my point... Clearly people were marrying for love even back then

This was likely something that happened on a regular basis or Paul wouldn't have felt the need to address it...

Paul had no issues with it, and states specifically it makes the unbeliever Holy

edit on 20-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

At least U know that U love her and she loves U.

In my case, I have never said to him that I love him. I just write him from time to time about my life, observations about people who lives around me, conspiracy theories and experiences in Christian faith. He shares his opinions and likes answering questions.
He knows that I care and he respects this.

Probably one day he will meet a woman of his life with attitude and beauty as he dreams of. Although his depression, he has musical talent and it will help him for sure to go on in life. He likes experiencing with alcohol and drugs and psychodelic drugs.
He is open-minded and does not worry about subject of God like me.
I can only picture myself in my mind, how it would be to go his way of life, but that would be too difficult for me...in loneliness... that would kill me.

Maybe one day in some circumstances I will meet him again in real world...who knows?

But I...it will be hard for me to build any relationship with man, because I have never had even boy-friend as a little girl and after my mum's death I focused on loss, not on happy childhood like girls around me. I focused my eyes on God as helper and now in my adult life as 20 years old woman I have to live with my past, arguments from skeptics or independent spiritualists, who tell about Jesus and Bible in totally different way then church. I have to live with doubt and hope. And with conspiracy theories in my mind. Learning on my own how to be a good nurse student for patients.
And live with thoughts that in some years people around me will look at me strange if I will tell them that I have never had boyfriend or friends as boyfriends. I will be dying as virgin, remaiding people who I met in my life and in the church who lived normal life without thinking a lot about others worldviews as I obsessively do.

Maybe, should I escape somewhere one day? Change my name.

I'm tired of being so full of hope and faith in God at one time and on the other time totally opposite. And not even have opportunity to meet at the church, during education young years or now at Nursing Studies any girl in my crazy situation.

And I feel in love with guy, bad guy in whom I saw my suffering, but we will never be together and our expectations to the world are so different.
I wait for Jesus Christ coming back, but sometimes have some doubts. But this is my only hope, thanks to which I live (to meet God I believed in). But he...he united himself with the Universe and waits for the moment when all people unite with the Universe too.

In daily life I feel like CASPAR HOUSER around people I live.

edit on 23-3-2014 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You sound just like my girlfriend hun...

So completely entangled in what you've been taught by your church, that you're unwilling to experience the world...

Heres a bit of harsh news, Jesus did not say you need to go to church to follow him... In fact he said the opposite

God wants a personal relationship with his children, not a public one...

Read Matthew 6

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

I am in the very situation you are.... but the difference is... I make any and all attempts to spend time with her...

Perhaps you should do the same, you may find that this love you have for him is real... though you might also find that he is not the right person for you...

In my case, she has her beliefs, which I don't agree with completely... but I am willing to do what she asks of me to make her happy...

She insists I go to church, even convert to her version of Christianity... and I will if I must, but that will not change my beliefs

What I know is rooted in study, where as her foundation is rooted in what shes been taught by her church, which contradicts what the bible actually says... and even if I point that fact out... she dismisses what I tell her...

Don't let your religion rule over your life my dear...

IF you believe in Jesus... DO what he tells you... but please experience life as it is....

Don't waste it because the church says you're a filthy sinner... Its simply not healthy

edit on 23-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You have clobbered the proverbial nail, firmly upon its head. If ever there was a way to convey the truth of such a matter, then one could not hope to better encompass its key points, and the reasoning by which this truth was arrived at.

OP, take note. The post by Akragon is truth in its fullest.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnieWolf19

Yes. I have been there. It was truly a personal growth moment. You cannot lie to yourself regarding your personal values, nor can you judge another. Appreciate the love that you have experienced, cherish it, and have faith that one day you'll find that love again under better circumstances. What you have gained was experience that prepares you for the next amazing experience. Go forth, and grow positively. Best wishes.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

edit on 11-5-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Let me guess inability to see the similarities between religions or better yet science and religion whereby religion is believed by faith and hope and science proves religion by fact and theory.

Someone in the relationship is too clingy on old ways of viewing the world and it's many splinter celled beliefs off the same tripe, that they allow it to be a detriment in the relationship.

Well sounds to me like the couple either needs to sit down and do some research and educate themselves on seeing the world's views for what it is. Another puzzle piece to a much larger picture that all fits together as the same religion. Or hit the road and find someone else whose just as hard headed and stubborn on old values when it comes to beliefs.

It's that simple!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

Unfortunately its not that simple...

Finding out theres something wrong with ones religion is almost like a death in the family to some...

There are some people that will NOT let go of their beliefs no matter what you show them...

Sigh

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think that we will stay just good fellow men to each other sharing our experiences of life in different places with different beliefs. Maybe it's going to be only online exchange of information (as it is now) between me and him or maybe we will meet each other someday again in reality.

I don't like using terms "let's be friends", "let's become friends to each other" in a case of relationship between man and woman.

I prefer saying he is important for me and I am important person for him. I will always love him. Untill our brains will be in a good condition, probably we will be remember ourselves to the end of life. Memories never die

Probably in real life all our imaginations would die, because of painful reality.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnieWolf19

I've always found you can't stay friends with someone you love...

Eventually said person will find another relationship, and if theres feelings for that person... Jealousy is what follows...

IF you decide to not pursue this person... I would advise to cut all ties afterwords

that's just me though...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join